February 8th, 2013

Obama to honor Sandy Hook teachers and staff posthumously

President Barack Obama will honor the six teachers and staff killed in the Newtown, Connecticut, school massacre last December with the second highest civilian honor, the Citizens Medal in a ceremony next Friday at the White House.

In announcing the honor, the White House said, "the names of six courageous women were forever etched into the heart of our Nation as unthinkable tragedy swept through Newtown, Connecticut."

Principal Dawn Hochsprung, school psychologist Mary Sherlach and teachers Anne Marie Murphy, Lauren Rousseau, Rachel Davino, and Victoria Soto and twenty children were killed when a gunman opened fire inside the Sandy Hook Elementary School in December.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. Jeff Frank (R-Ohio)"Right Wing Insanity"

I wonder if its true? Condolence pages for the Sandy Hook school had timestamps on them four days before the actual incident took place. Would somebody please tell me if I'm losing my mind?

February 8, 2013 at 11:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Lol. You seriously don't think that time stamps can't be manipulated? Really? Lot of bad, bad people out there. Like the ones who think 20 children are not dead.

February 9, 2013 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Mary

No you are not losing your mind @ Jeff. Good evening to you. Have you seen any of the Sandy Hook Hoax youtube videos? They reveal much... and raise many questions not answered.

February 8, 2013 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Jeff Frank (R-Ohio)"Right Wing Insanity"

Hi Mary I trust you're doing fine? I have been hearing a lot of other things about the situation. Things that I would rather not repeat here. But the YouTube hoax videos, I can't say that I've actually seen those. I might just check those out and see what they're all about. I just want to say that this particular incident is very very tragic. I don't have a clue why anybody would go to the extent of saying that this was a setup.

February 8, 2013 at 11:43 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Mary

I can see what you're saying but really, there's just too many questions unanswered. I'm pooped! See you in the morning Jeff :)

February 8, 2013 at 11:53 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Jeff Frank (R-Ohio)"Right Wing Insanity"

Night. :-D

February 9, 2013 at 12:48 am | Report abuse |
  6. NavyOfficersandBLUETRUCKS

It is good to be a Navy or Army Officer- it is not good to be two women in a blue truck in America or anywhere near Americans. They come to train YOUR country like the Internet free gun movie downloads they provide.

February 9, 2013 at 1:16 am | Report abuse |
  7. Pierre Paul

Can't the pharaoh bring them back to life?

February 9, 2013 at 3:49 am | Report abuse |
  8. COMMUNITYWATCH NETWORK

I want to stay connected withe white house and all american citizens In Honoring these outstanding citizen as a mentor . We must let our youth speak out against gun violence in america . Here In chicago area we are joining forces . My prayer go out also to The Pendleton family here in chicago area .Cnn never stop reporting on this

February 9, 2013 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  9. chrissy

Thats really a mean and cruel thing for someone to do. How can people live with theirselves causing more suffering to these families by saying it never happened? Sick minds for sure!

February 9, 2013 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  10. banasy©

That is one of the funniest commercials ever! Yet the message is true. As long as there are tragedies, there will be people who wish to exaberate the pain of those who have lost loved ones.

February 9, 2013 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  11. B Viglietta

It seems to me to be very odd and unusual the way all the victims were hit the way they were and the mortality rate was nearly 100%. I truly hope the investigators will let the American public know immediately if and when they conclude that Adam Lanza had his Bushmaster set to fire in a fully automatic mode (a simple rubberband trick can make this possible). The significance of that fact in the ongoing consideration of gun control makes keeping it a secret wrong. Investigating officials and all of us should, of course, avoid idle speculation and keep our regard for the feelings of the families very high. But if he was using a gun set to fire like a machine gun, that should be disclosed without delay.

February 10, 2013 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
  12. just hook up reviews

Thanks a lot for sharing this with all people you really understand what you are talking about! Bookmarked. Please also seek advice from my site =). We could have a link change arrangement between us

February 11, 2013 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  13. Pap-Papacy Smear

Why? What did they do?

February 11, 2013 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Dawn

I am curious, Obama is awarding them with The Citizens Medal, what about the bus driver in Alabama? Charles Albert Poland Jr., 66, was a veteran. and he helped save a bus full of children from a crazy person, he was shot to death saving them. What about him?

February 15, 2013 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |