February 11th, 2013

Monday's live events

President Obama will deliver his fourth State of the Union address before Congress on February 12.  Watch CNN.com Live for all of your political coverage.

Today's programming highlights...

Ongoing coverage: The resignation of Pope Benedict XVI

12:30 pm ET - White House briefing - Tomorrow's State of the Union address and gun violence will likely dominate Press Secretary Jay Carney's briefing with the White House press corps.

12:30 pm ET - Biden's gun safety roundtable - Vice President Biden holds a roundtable discussion on gun safety with law enforcement officials in Philadelphia.

12:30 pm ET - Jodi Arias murder trial - Jodi Arias is expected to continue her testimony at her murder trial in Arizona.  She is accused of killing her ex-boyfriend, Travis Alexander, in 2008.

1:45 pm ET - Medal of Honor ceremony - President Obama will present Clint Romesha with the Medal of Honor at a White House ceremony.  Romesha is the fourth living recipient of the honor.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Barack Obama • Congress • Gun violence • On CNN.com today • Politics • Religion • Vatican
  1. Hamsta

Yes it's really me, I work a really dangerous job and now I won't even take an aspirin. I hate pills, I despise doctors, a physical therapist showed me there are natural ways of dealing with pain. I broke 47 bones and lost 4 pints of blood. Scientificly I shouldn't be here, that's how I know for a fact God is real.

February 11, 2013 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  2. saywhat

@Hamsta
    The greatest crime against America & Americans -9/11 on Bush's watch. A crime that was concocted to further an agenda that got us almost to the brink. The players acting right under Bush's nose A self defeating , self destructive strategy of war. Just what Al-Qaeda hoped for. Iraq & Afghanistan debacles saw us lose our credibility & prestige, national treasure & American lives while helping Al- Qaeda expand in the region.

February 11, 2013 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  3. saywhat

Plunging the world into perennial instability & cycle of violence, promoting extremism and hostility towards America. Benefits going right in the laps of other powers.
    God, this would surly go down as one of the greatest follies an American leadership ever committed.

February 11, 2013 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Hamsta

That isn't what kept me from being a 1%er though, I dropped out of high school and rebelled. I could have been an engineer for NASA, I had the test scores but I rebeled against a school system where my Phys Ed teacher weighed almost 500 pounds, I had to teach my physics teacher physics because he was really the football coach and a principal who didn't like me because of the pranks my older brothers pulled. Instead of finishing school and going to college I saw school as a joke, it's my own fault. I scored in the top 2% on the SAT but I'm a dropout.

February 11, 2013 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
  5. chrissy

Well cnn why am i being deleted and blocked while the one above can whine and call people names and you let those post and stay?? Discriminate much??

February 11, 2013 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

You are refering to banasy right? Did you see all the names she called me when I replied factually to dazzle? Banasy needs to get off the meds and check into NA. She thinks you have to be like a doctor or something to be an addiction counselor. Sorry the only requirements are to be a former addict and pass a urine test.

February 11, 2013 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

So far yoi have called me a rodent and a liar on this blog alone, do I need to bring up the past. I have a name to call YOU- hypocrite.

February 11, 2013 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
  6. chrissy

So a hamsta ISNT a rodent? And i never called you a liar!

February 11, 2013 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
  7. banasy©

I take 2 medications to stay alive. Without them I die. Standing up and talking at an NA meeting doesn't qualify as and addiction counselor.

February 11, 2013 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hamstac

Every addict claims they will die without their medication. I have tried to answer your question numerous times so I am just going to simply say it is part of the rehab program for work, I have to coach other addicts for the next 5 years.

February 11, 2013 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

And yes banasy, I had to take special classes to do what I do, I know about seratonin reuptake and dopemine, those are the reason video poker is known as video crack. My problem is different, I live in constant pain and as I said you eggheads only have things half right. You have to be an addict to understand addiction

February 11, 2013 at 11:49 pm | Report abuse |
  8. banasy©

New Orleans has no standards if they let anybody with a clean test counsel. It sound as if you may be thinking an NA sponsor is a councelor. They are not.

February 11, 2013 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  9. banasy©

And every QUALIFIED addiction counselor that I know of has at least an MS. Please tell me where you are an "addiction counselor" at.

February 11, 2013 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
  10. banasy©

And to go on the BB as 'hank' and tell people they are doomed? LOL. Hypocrite. You are unlike any decent Christian I know. Stop it.

February 11, 2013 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  11. banasy©

Getting blocked now. Typical.

February 11, 2013 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
  12. banasy©

Well, hank, I'm being blocked. Wish I could say it's been real. It hasn't.

February 11, 2013 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
  13. chrissy

The FACT is @ hamsta, i have NEVER called you outside your name. You on the other hand have often called me names other than mine.

February 11, 2013 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
  14. chrissy

And this is for bobcat. Todays Quirky News: A florida man accidentally shot himself in the groin with a flare gun he'd loaded himself. Even worse, he then had no way to signal for help.

February 11, 2013 at 11:47 pm | Report abuse |
  15. chrissy

@ hamsta, everyone is addicted to something. And i can relate to living every day with constant pain so i empathize with you on that. And yea you just deal with it cuz it never goes away NEVER! And pain killers only mask it not take it away. And no im not an egghead so stop with the insults please.

February 12, 2013 at 12:05 am | Report abuse |