Six suspects arrested and accused of raping a group of Spanish tourists in a Mexican resort city have confessed, a top official said Wednesday.
Attorney General Jesus Murillo Karam declared the case "resolved," although one suspect remains at large.
"There are already six arrests, confessed, totally confessed the full story of what happened, and we need only to arrest one more person identified in this process," he said. "The case is solved."
The allegations last week grabbed headlines across Mexico and around the globe. Authorities said hooded gunmen stormed into a beach bungalow in the Pacific port of Acapulco and attacked a group of Spanish tourists, raping six women and tying up a group of men with cell phone cables and bikini straps.