Pope accepts cardinal's resignation
February 25th, 2013

Pope accepts cardinal's resignation

Pope Benedict XVI has accepted the resignation of Scotland's Roman Catholic archbishop, Cardinal Keith O'Brien, according to a statement released Monday by the Vatican. O'Brien has been dogged by allegations he abused four men studying to be priests in the 1980s.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Scotland • World
  1. BOMBO

Maybe, but I would have expected the media to be concerned about the fact that this shepherd of the people failed to prevent or deal with behavior within his own family which many of the priests are accused of. Personally, I would give him the benefit of the doubt. I'm just surprised it's not a big deal now, internationally. It was well reported locally in Quebec at the time.

February 25, 2013 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. saywhat

Yes@Mary indeed.

February 25, 2013 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. 1608

I guess Chrissy is doin da birthday thing. Hope your having FUN.

February 25, 2013 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. banasy©

I suppose if the Cardinal is really a serious contender, the media will glom all over it.
    Did the Cardinal attempt to cover it up? How does one know he didn't try to prevent it? You, of course, would know more about this than I. The phrase "I am not my brother's keeper" comes to mind, though.

February 25, 2013 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. chrissy

Lol @ 1608, a birthday thing? Well kinda i guess if you wanta count 4 hours at the DMV. Lol that was some bigtime fun i tell ya. Can hardly contain myself lol. And actually my birthday isnt til tomorrow.

February 25, 2013 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • YazzMatazz

Tomorrow? Oh noes! I already celebrated! Guess I'd better celebrate again tomorrow. Celebrating can be such a burden....

February 25, 2013 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  6. ronvan

How do you put out an uncontrollable fire? DENY, it exists! Celebacy! Take a vow, oath, to remain celebate because you are married to God? Does this now mean you are no longer a human being? That you no longer have human feelings and urges? Does any religious books state this or is it just a "tradition"? Confession: "I have sinned and even killed people". Say X number of hail mary's and you are forgiven? Isn't God the only one who can forgive us? Millions WORSHIP the pope and treat him as if he were God! What happened to "thou shalt not have any other God before me"? The dress, adornments and teachings, gold images everywhere, their OWN city, government, police force, banks, etc., and "hidden secrets"! Just saying!

February 26, 2013 at 6:41 am | Report abuse | Reply