February 27th, 2013

Complaint filed in transgender child's case

A civil rights complaint is being filed on behalf of a transgendered child barred by her Colorado school district from using girls' restrooms, an advocacy group said Wednesday.

The complaint to a Colorado civil rights agency, on behalf of 6-year-old Coy Mathis, will be the first to challenge a restriction on a transgender person's bathroom use under Colorado's anti-discrimination laws, the Transgender Legal Defense & Education Fund told reporters in Denver.

First-grader Coy, who was born with male sex organs but identifies herself as female, had been allowed to use her school's girls' bathrooms until school officials barred her from doing so after winter break, her family says.

FULL STORY
  1. Rascal Rabble High on Music

nothin like a purple hair monster to scare little girls out of their bathroom...welcome todah the other half of the lgbt agenda...

February 27, 2013 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • ..

You sound illiterate. And misinformed. And immature.

February 27, 2013 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
  2. KalEl

Hold on. You mean to tell me if a little boy starts wearing a dress and calling himself a little girl, people are accepting that he's a girl?... AWESOME!... I'm gonna go get me a Superman outfit! Then everyone will have to accept me as a superhero! Maybe iif I start wearing a colander on my head, I can call myself a salad!

February 27, 2013 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. nikki

An 18 month old infant baby, cannot, and would not have the mental capacity to decided on their gender, have none of you had an 18 month old baby?....The mother obviously wanted a girl not a boy, and has decided to make her little boy into her own fantasy,...amazingly, how did the father go along with this.......The mother and father obviously have issues and no regard for their little boy.......The child thinks it is a girl now, little wonder and the dilemma is on this poor child who thinks its a girl, and would naturally want to use the girls bathroom........the parents are child abusers and should be treated as such.....poor baby.......

February 28, 2013 at 2:09 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Stephen

wow, how ignorant can these parents be? At this age the child only knows what they learn from their parents. Poor kid.
    But with the parents logic, I guess I can say I am feeling a little bit girly today, so I can put on a dress and go have a seat in the girls locker room at the local gym and its ok.

March 1, 2013 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Sid

If I wear a fur coat & poop in the woods it won't make me a bear anymore than this BOY (he is a he not a she) should be considered a girl simply because he & his idiot parents say otherwise & dress him up like a girl.

March 1, 2013 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Chatlines

Hi, Neat post. There's a problem with your web site in internet explorer, would check this… IE still is the market leader and a good portion of people will miss your magnificent writing because of this problem.

March 13, 2013 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply