Obama's same-sex marriage decision expected
Prop 8 and another appeal over the federal Defense of Marriage Act will produce blockbuster rulings from the justices in coming months.
February 28th, 2013

Obama's same-sex marriage decision expected

President Barack Obama faces a monumental choice today over whether to put the force of his office behind the idea that gays and lesbians have a constitutional right to marry.

Government sources say the Justice Department will by day's end articulate a legal position in the so-called Proposition 8 case, a ban by California voters over same-sex marriage that is now being challenged in the Supreme Court.

FULL STORY
  1. Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

The President faces a monumental choice?
    No: he would reveal a monumental weakness by not supporting gays' and lesbians" right to marry.

February 28, 2013 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

As I don't believe the President is a weak man, I think he will stand by his convictions concerning this issue.

February 28, 2013 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

Either there is a separate seating area for second-class citizens in a theatre, or there is not a second-class area.

February 28, 2013 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  3. banasy©

From the Political Ticker: The Obama administration has formally expressed its support of same sex marriage in California, saying in a legal brief Thursday that gay and lesbian couples there have the same “equal protection” rights to wed, and that voters in the state were wrong to ban it, according to an administration official.

February 28, 2013 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  4. banasy©

Well done, Mr. President.

February 28, 2013 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

Wonderful!
    President Obama is carving a granite monument to progress.

February 28, 2013 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Jeff Frank (R-Ohio) "Right Wing Insanity"

If Obama allows this, then I should be allowed to purchase a fully automatic machine gun without anyones approval.

February 28, 2013 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

I don't get the correlation between gay marriage and gun ownership....?

February 28, 2013 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Jeff Frank (R-Ohio) "Right Wing Insanity"

This country is boiling down very quickly to the WORKERS and the USERS. Just sayin... 😀

February 28, 2013 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

@ Jeff:
      Greetings. My reply to you about our areas of agreement was rejected, as are all of my comments that mention famous terms of a certain much-hated woman novelist/philosopher. BTW, I don't care if you have any weapon you want.

February 28, 2013 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeff Frank (R-Ohio) "Right Wing Insanity"

Joey
      Greetings. It wasn't the idea of actually having a machine gun, but metaphoricaly pointing two opposite types of privledges. I do not, nor have I ever, got along with liberalism. And I will fight it tooth and nail. We always be the yes man. We cannot always be the favorite. You can please some of the people, some of the time (like me). But you cannot please all the people all of the time. It's a fact of life.

February 28, 2013 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeff Frank (R-Ohio) "Right Wing Insanity"

Joey
      Greetings. It wasn't the idea of actually having a machine gun, but metaphoricaly pointing two opposite types of privledges. I do not, nor have I ever, got along with liberalism. And I will fight it tooth and nail. We cannot always act as the yes man. We cannot always be the favorite. You can please some of the people, some of the time (like me). But you cannot please all the people all of the time. It's a fact of life.

February 28, 2013 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Hamsta

Marriage is a privelege given by God, not a right given by government. God clearly does not approve of any part of the gay lifestyle.

February 28, 2013 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Please attempt to get married in any church you'd care to and have it hold up legally.
      You need a license issued by the state. What gay people want is precisely the same thing: to have wed legally by a state. It is most certainly a right given by the government, and if you don't believe me, try getting married without a state license and claim "married" on your taxes with only a church certificate.

February 28, 2013 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

Thank you for verifying that Obama and his governments are satan.

February 28, 2013 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

There is a lot of things gay people think they have a "right" to do such as using the wrong bathroom, adopting kids, being a teacher, being a boy scout troop leader but for obvious MORAL and CRIMINAL reasons they should NEVER be allowed those "rights".

February 28, 2013 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

I have not verified anything of the sort; if your parents were married, they had a marriage license issued by the state. If your grandparents were married, they were issued a license by the state. And so on.
      Criminalizing gay people? Really? LOL. Sorry, but that is ludicrous. And by your posts, you are anything but the bastion of morality. You would do well to stop jusging other people. Mathew 7 says that.

February 28, 2013 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

And, hamsta, you would do well to look up the difference between a pedophile, which, if acted upon, in criminal behavior, and gay, which when acted upon by two consenting adults, is not.

February 28, 2013 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

Again banasy thinks she knows what she is talking about. According to Louisiana law anything other than conventional (missionary) position between consenting man and woman is a crime against nature.

March 1, 2013 at 1:04 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

I looked up your crime against nature law. Sec. 8-131. It says absolutely nothing of what you assert. As a matter of fact, it supports gays. But nice try.

March 1, 2013 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

And by continuing to make snarky comments such as "and again banasy thinks she knows what she's talking about", you diminish your argument. But I suspect that will not stop you from making them. BTW, it is also illegal to practice Marie Laveau's craft in NO, but I'll bet that doen't stop that particular bit of tourism to stop, does it?

March 1, 2013 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Jeff Frank (R-Ohio) "Right Wing Insanity"

Hamsta. I tried to post some links to some interesting material regarding your topic, but CNN had to cut me off and delete my attempts. Some word in thier URL caused my post to end up in the all gone machine. Freedom of speech is becomingnon existent on CNN. They push this topic in our faces at every turn, but expect us to swallow liberalism...hook, line, and sinker every time.

March 1, 2013 at 1:22 am | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

Ya I know Jeff, what makes it even worse is the fact that they are forcing their liberal agenda on the kids in school. Did you hear about the civics teacher in texas that forced her female students to wear burqas and refer to the 9/11 hijackers as frewdom fighters and not terrorists. It's disgusting and they have no right infecting young minds with this delusional mentality.

March 1, 2013 at 2:39 am | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

Ya I know Jeff, what makes it even worse is the fact that they are forcing their liberal agenda on the kids in school. Did you hear about the civics teacher in texas that forced her female students to wear burqas and refer to the 9/11 hijackers as freedoom fighters and not terrorists? It's disgusting that they are destroying American values with this garbage and they have no right infecting young minds with this delusional mentality. Sorry about the double post hit the wrong button while fixing typos.

March 1, 2013 at 2:43 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Oh, yes, Texas is definitely the hotbed of liberal activity, and the State of Texas's educational system is proof of that. Not. Please read what John Valastro says. Google it, as CNN wouldn't let me post it. He is the Superintendent of Lumberton Schools. This is sanctioned by the Board of education in Texas. She did NOT do this on her own.

March 1, 2013 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |