March 3rd, 2013

Deadly blasts in Pakistan

[Updated at 12:23 p.m.] A total of 27 people were killed and 60 were wounded, police say.

[Posted at 11:04 a.m.] Back-to-back blasts in Pakistan's largest city killed at least 10 people, police said.

The two explosions wounded 30 others in Karachi's Abbas town, said Muhammad Aslam, a police official. Police believe there are more bodies under the rubble of a market damaged by the blasts.

Pakistan's Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf condemned the attack.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Pakistan • World
  1. bobcat (in a hat)©

Wow, I was getting really worried. It's been over 24 hours since we got a report about something like this. Sheeeesh

March 3, 2013 at 11:40 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • banasy©

Color me shocked.

March 3, 2013 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

Is that the sky blue pink w/orange polka dots ?

Good Morning banasy.

March 3, 2013 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

Thank you Mohammed, oh illustrious messenger of the almighty and glorious Allah. Peace on you.

March 3, 2013 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Rawr, why yes, it is exactly the color of me shocked. Good afternoon, darlin'.

March 3, 2013 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • ronvan

YEP!! Just another "normal" day for these "people"?

March 4, 2013 at 8:08 am | Report abuse |
  2. Jack

I am planning out my summer. I am making plans to visit the Great Wall in China, Thailand, India, and Nepal this summer. I was wondering about Pakistan... I googled some more news on Karachi. I guess I need to stay away from Pakistan this year. Thank you CNN for covering the news.

March 3, 2013 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Mohammed

Thank you. Infidels need do not have right to sacrifice their live in the name of Allah. This honor is reserved only for pious Muslims. You have to earn this honor by praying many times a day by reciting verses from Qran in the name of Allah. You have never even read Qran. So, go away - You need to visit only infidel lands for your trivial pleasure. You can not have the true pleasure like these 27 pious Muslims earned and deserved.

March 3, 2013 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  3. BOMBO

Do infidel lands include Israel?

March 3, 2013 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. I speak for us all when I say

So long sucka.

March 3, 2013 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. saywhat

Good morning all.
    Legacy of 'war on terror continues'. tens of thousands of innocent lives and counting.

March 3, 2013 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. saywhat

No@Bombo followers of the Scriptures anywhere are not.
    "Infidels' is a slogan manufactured by propagandists to portray what our enemies claim that we are. Or else how would 'wars' be perpetuated?

March 3, 2013 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. chrissy

Lol @ bobcat, thats only cuz you werent here yesterday.

March 3, 2013 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

Dang it. I miss so much when I'm away from here. I've just got to have my daily fix of people blowing up people in order to function. I got withdrawals really bad. But since I was able to read that this morning, I'm fine now.

So what all did I miss yesterday ? ( I'm just being sarcastic since I know it was SSDD )

March 3, 2013 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Jim

Shiites are being systematically massacred by Sunni Pakistanis. Sunni Pakistanis killed 100 Shiites in January this year. Then the Sunni Pakistanis butchered another 100 in February. Now they have killed so many Shiites again in March. Pakistan is sponsoring a genocide of Shiites with tacit approval.

March 3, 2013 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. bobcat (in a hat)©

INSERT JOKE HERE

March 3, 2013 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

An old woman saved a fairy's life. To repay this, the fairy promised to grant the old woman three wishes. For the first wish, the old lady asked to become young and beautiful. Poof! She became young and beautiful. For the second wish, the old lady asked to be richest woman in the world. Poof! She was the richest woman in the world. For the last wish, she pointed at the cat she had kept for years. She asked that he be turned into the most handsome man on earth. After all, he had been her best friend for so many years. Poof! The fairy turned the cat into the most handsome man on earth. The old lady and the fairy said their goodbyes. After the fairy left, the handsome man strolled over to her and asked, "Now aren't you sorry you had me neutered?"

March 3, 2013 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  10. chrissy

Lol @ bobcat, cute!

March 3, 2013 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Jim

Pakistanis have been killing not only Shiites, they also have been systematically butchering Ahmadi, Christians, Hindus and other minorities as well. Human rights abuses are at their worst peak.

March 3, 2013 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Matt

This is a clear case for using drones. Pakistanis routinely carry out viciously violent acts against their own people, so it should surprise nobody when they harbor terrorists or attack US/NATO troops. Taking out the Pakistani terrorists by drones will save innocent people.

March 3, 2013 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
  12. chrissy

@ Matt, and what should be used when NATO takes out 2 Afghan children?

March 3, 2013 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. chrissy

Oh and @ Matt, i am of course only speaking of the 2 that theyre recently saying theyre sorry for. And we know there are many hundreds more theyve not mentioned of course! And saying im sorry means nothing really.

March 3, 2013 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. chrissy

I am not islamist thanks. Im sayin there is NO justification in humans killing humans except for self defense!

March 3, 2013 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. chrissy

And drones may do targeted strikes but there is SOMEONE who determines the target and makes that judgement. And NO ONE person should have that kind of power/control.

March 3, 2013 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply