March 21st, 2013

Thursday's live events

Watch CNN.com Live for gavel-to-gavel covearge of the trial of Jodi Arias, who's accused of killing her ex-boyfriend in 2008.

Today's programming highlights...

11:00 am ET - Biden, Bloomberg talk gun violence - Critics are upset that the Senate appears to have given up on legislation to ban assault weapons.  This morning, Vice President Biden and New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg discuss efforts at passing "common sense" legislation to reduce gun violence.

11:00 am ET - Obama continues Middle East tour - After starting his day meeting with Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas in Ramallah, President Obama will head to Jerusalem to speak with college students.  He will then be honored with a state dinner at 2:00 pm ET.

11:15 am ET - Boehner briefing - The fight over government spending and budgets will likely dominate House Speaker John Boehner's weekly briefing with reporters on Capitol Hill.

1:30 pm ET - Jodi Arias murder trial - Trial resumes in Phoenix in the case of Jodi Arias, who's accused of killing her ex-boyfriend, Travis Alexander, in 2008.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Crime • Gun Control • Justice • On CNN.com today • Politics
  1. bobcat (in a hat)©

The old gent was backing his Rolls into the last available
    parking space when a zippy red sports car whipped in
    behind him to take the spot.

The young driver jumped out and said: "Sorry Pops,
    but you've got to be young and smart to do that."

The old man ignored the remark and kept reversing
    until the Rolls had crunched the sports car into a
    crumpled heap. "Sorry son, you've got to be old
    and rich to do that!"

March 21, 2013 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Lol. The perfidy of the young dumb, and rude.

March 21, 2013 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  2. bobcat (in a hat)©

A man walked into a cowboy bar and ordered a beer just as President Clinton came on the TV. After a few sips he looked up at the screen and mumbled, "Now there's the biggest horse's ass I've ever seen."
    Immediately, a customer at the end of the bar got up, walked over, decked him, and left.
    A few minutes later, the man was finishing his beer when Hillary Clinton appeared on the TV. "She's a horse's ass too," he said.
    A customer from the other end of the bar got up, walked over, and knocked him off his stool.
    "Damnit!" the man said, climbing back up to the bar. "This must be Clinton country!"

"Nope," the bartender replied. "Horse country!"

March 21, 2013 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  3. bobcat (in a hat)©

At the end of the workday, one cowboy tells another, "That new bull nearly did me in today, pardner."
    "Oh yeah, what happened?" asked the other cowboy.

"I was putting out the feed, when the sucker came charging at me like a locomotive from hell. He damn near got me!" replied the first cowboy.

"So, how'd you get away?" asked the other cowboy.

"The bull kept slipping. He slipped three times, and that gave me a chance to make it to the fence and jump over," replied the first cowboy.

"Man, that's scary! If it'd been me, I would probably have crapped all over the place," remarked the second cowboy.

The first cowboy replied, "I DID! What do you think that bull was slipping in?"

March 21, 2013 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  4. bobcat (in a hat)©

wo cowboys come upon an Indian lying on his stomach with his ear to the ground. One of the cowboys stops and says to the other, "You see that Indian?"

"Yeah," says the other cowboy.

"Look," says the first one, "he's listening to the ground. He can hear things for miles in any direction."

Just then the Indian looks up. "Covered wagon," he says, "about two miles away. Have two horses, one brown, one white. Man, woman, child, household effects in wagon."

"Incredible!" says the cowboy to his friend. "This Indian knows how far away they are, how many horses, what color they are, who is in the wagon, and what is in the wagon. Amazing!"

The Indian looks up and says, "Ran over me about a half hour ago."

March 21, 2013 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  5. saywhat

mornin' @bobcat.
    thanks for getting us ol' folks going.

March 21, 2013 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  6. saywhat

Good morning to you too@banasy

March 21, 2013 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  7. bobcat (in a hat)©

Couldn't figger how to say howdy to all my pardners, since I'm in Texas. So, Howdy Pardners.

March 21, 2013 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@bobcat (in a hat) have lots of fun and if you are working don't work so hard. Everytime I go to Texas I want to buy cowboy boots. Maybe on my next trip I will.

March 21, 2013 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  8. saywhat

Good to see you back @dazzle.
    many a hot topics came and went without your comments.

March 21, 2013 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  9. saywhat

I don't think we'll see a ban on assault weapons.
    Demonstrates yet again that the big corps & lobbies rule .

March 21, 2013 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

@saywhat:
      No, most likely not. I think that idea came and went.
      The WaPo has several excellent articles on this subject.

March 21, 2013 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
  10. chrissy

@ dazzle, Aint it tho? And yet that idiot jacker manages quite well doesnt he?

March 21, 2013 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
  11. s kel

Chrissy, Dazzle, cnn lets the worst ones on here for maybe drama readership.The more drama the more cnn likes.

March 21, 2013 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

Hello @saywhat, @chrissy, and @skel.They are even deleting posts to friends. Tiresome all the way;

March 21, 2013 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
  12. bobcat (in a hat)©

Well pardners we's back at the hard 2 handle ranch after a day of rip snortin fun on the great plains of Texas. I feel like a hoss who been rid hard and put up wet. But it dang shur were funner en watchin a gusher come in. And it fer dang shur put me in a mood to give ya'll a big Texas size yehaw and howdy. So, YEHAW AND HOWDY.

March 21, 2013 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

A little over the top ? Well, they say when in rome.

March 21, 2013 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Lol. Rawr had a rip-roaring good time.

March 21, 2013 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Mary

@bobcat (in a hat)©, Howdy to you too🙂 Can you do the Texas two Step there pardener?😉
    My brother read your "Bull Crap" joke ... He got a good chuckle out that one.🙂
    @ banasy, Lets talk about chrissy while she's not here! lol just kiddin How are you !

March 21, 2013 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |