March 27th, 2013
05:02 AM ET

North Korea to cut military hotline

North Korea said Wednesday it was cutting off an important military hotline with South Korea amid high tensions between the two sides.

"Under the situation where a war may break out any moment, there is no need to keep north-south military communications," the head of a North Korean delegation told the South by telephone on Wednesday, according to the North's state-run Korean Central News Agency.

Earlier this month, Pyongyang disconnected a humanitarian hotline that ran through the border village of Panmunjom, according to the South Korean Unification Ministry.

FULL STORY

Filed under: North Korea • South Korea
soundoff (21 Responses)
  1. chrissy

    It MOST certainly IS me troll bobcat!

    March 27, 2013 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Max Headroom

    They did this several weeks ago.

    March 27, 2013 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  3. saywhat

    A belated good afternoon to you @Mary.

    March 27, 2013 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Batfink

    Hey. I need that thing.

    March 27, 2013 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
1 2