March 28th, 2013

Thursday's live events

Watch CNN.com Live for gavel-to-gavel coverage of the trial of Jodi Arias, who's accused of killing her ex-boyfriend in 2008.

Today's programming highlights...

11:40 am ET - Obama talks gun violence - President Obama will call on Congress to pass "common sense" measures on gun violence in remarks at the White House.

12:30 pm ET - White House briefing - Rising tensions on the Korean Peninsula will likely dominate today's White House briefing in Washington.

12:30 pm ET - Jodi Arias murder trial - Testimony resumes in Phoenix in the case of Jodi Arias, who's accused of killing her ex-boyfriend in 2008.

3:43 pm ET - Journey to the International Space Station - A Soyuz spacecraft carrying three crew members to the International Space Station launches into orbit.  The craft is expected to dock at the ISS at 9:32 pm ET.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Barack Obama • Crime • Gun violence • Justice • On CNN.com today • Politics
  1. bobcat (in a hat)©

Sometimes women are overly susp icious of their husbands....

When Adam stayed out very late for a few nights, Eve became upset.

"You're running around with other women," she told her mate.

"Eve, honey, you're being unreasonable," Adam responded. "You know
    you're the only woman on earth."

The quarrel continued until Adam fell asleep, only to be
    awakened by a strange pain in the chest. It was his darling Eve
    poking him rather vigorously about the torso.

"What do you think you're doing?" Adam demanded.

"Counting your ribs," said Eve.

March 28, 2013 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  2. Mary

Aw... That was a cute one @bobcat (in a hat)© Good Morning
    I was going to ask banasy if her dog does this...
    The other day I said to my brothers dog "ya wantta go out?"
    He jerked his head around so fast to look directly at me... it almost fell off ! lol 😉
    Instead, I was wondering if ya have any good Animal jokes?

March 28, 2013 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  3. saywhat

Good morning folks. Thanks
    Thats what I call jump starting a morn

March 28, 2013 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Mary

Good morning @ saywhat ! 🙂
    I wouldn't be surprised if that actually occurred ... lol
    I believe the why of the Conn shooter is more important than what he had in his possession; seems we have mass media asking us to look over "here" while the truth gets covered up yet again.
    What say you?

March 28, 2013 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  5. bobcat (in a hat)©

Two rabbits were being chased by a pack of wolves.
    The wolves chased the rabbits into a thicket.
    After a few minutes, one rabbit turned to the other and said, "Well, do you want to make a run for it or stay here a few days and outnumber them?"

March 28, 2013 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary

LOL ! NOw that's what I call an idea ... lamo

March 28, 2013 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mohammed

@bobcat - This is exactly what Muslims are doing all across Europe. Hunker down, live on welfare, and outnumber the natives.

March 29, 2013 at 1:49 am | Report abuse |
  6. bobcat (in a hat)©

A dog thinks: Hey, these people I live with feed me, love me, provide me with a nice warm, dry house, pet me, and take good care of me...
    They must be Gods!

A cat thinks: Hey, these people I live with feed me, love me, provide me with a nice warm, dry house, pet me, and take good care of me...
    I must be a God!

March 28, 2013 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary

Aw ! Yeah, that's pretty much what I see running thru each of theirs head... That one nails it 😉

March 28, 2013 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

I love these @bobcat(iah). Maybe there is something that can be found on the difference between dog owners and those that are owned by cats. Great midday chuckle, thanks!!

March 28, 2013 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  7. chrissy

Lol @ bobcat, yep you sure have the difference between dogs and cats down pat! At least thats how my cats and my dog act! Lol keep em comming!

March 28, 2013 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Mary

Omg! Igot over Cnns's 2 quota post today! Lets parta !!!

March 28, 2013 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  9. chrissy

Lol @ dazzle, what does it mean when you have both? Dogs and cats! And im very surprised to find no mention of the US sending stealth bombers to Korea today?

March 28, 2013 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Mary

Just came across this @ bobcat (in a hat)©

One night, a drunk comes stumbling into a bar and says to the bartender: "Drinks for all on me including you, bartender." So the bartender follows the mans orders and says: "That will be $36.50 please." The drunk says he has no money so the bartender slaps him around and throws him out.

The next night the same drunk comes in again and orders a drink for everyone in the bar including the bartender. Again the bartender follows instructions and again the drunk says he has no money. So the bartender slaps him around and throws him out.

On the third night he comes in, the drunk orders drinks for all except the bartender. "What, no drink for me?" replies the bartender. "Oh, no. You get violent when you drink."

March 28, 2013 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Mr Dalloway

It was a very very sad day indeed when the USSR had to take it's foot off the neck of America, now look at us ready to decapitate each other at the snap of a finger.

March 28, 2013 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Mary

A local priest and pastor stood by the side of the road holding up a sign that said, “The End is Near! Turn yourself around now before it’s too late!”

They planned to hold up the sign to each passing car.

“Leave us alone you religious nuts!” yelled the first driver as he sped by.

From around the curve they heard a big splash. “Do you think,” said one clergy to the other, “we should just put up a sign that says ‘bridge out’ instead?”

March 28, 2013 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  13. little mister©

I wanna go home. I want to go to kansas where I belong

March 28, 2013 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Mary

A state trooper pulled a car over and told the man driving that he was going 50 mph in a 40 mph zone. "I was only going 40!" the driver protested. "Not according to my radar," the trooper said. "Yes, I was!" the man shouted back. "No you weren't!" the trooper said. With that, the man's wife leaned toward the window and said, 'Officer, I should warn you not to argue with my husband when he's been drinking."

March 28, 2013 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
  15. bobcat (in a hat)©

Great job @ Mary. That there's some funny stuff there. I don't care who you are.

March 28, 2013 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |