March 30th, 2013

Kenyans await court ruling on election

The Kenyan Supreme Court plans to issue its verdict Saturday on a legal challenge to Uhuru Kenyatta's win in the presidential election.

Kenyatta, the son of Kenya's founding leader, won the presidential poll this month with 50.07% of the vote.

His main rival, Prime Minister Raila Odinga, got 43.31% of the vote, and challenged the outcome in court, saying it was flawed and marred by technical problems.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: World
  1. little mister©

I wanna go home to kansas

March 30, 2013 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  2. bobcat (in a hat)©

The first and the most important thing is to know that life is one and immortal. Only the forms, countless in number, are transient and brittle. The life everlasting is independent of any form but manifests itself in all forms. Life then does not die... but the forms are dissolved.

March 30, 2013 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  3. bobcat (in a hat)©

Ma and Pa where rocking on the front porch when Pa turned and slapped Ma.

Ma said "What was that for?"

Pa said "For forty years of bad se x."

Ma said "Oh," and continued rocking.

Ma reached over and slapped Pa.

Pa said "What was that for?"

Ma said "For knowing the difference."

March 30, 2013 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  4. bobcat (in a hat)©

A young man was strolling down a street in South London.

As he passed a large building with a fence around it, he heard a group of people chanting "Thirteen, thirteen, thirteen, thirteen" over and over again.

Curious, he tried to see over the fence, but couldn't.

Then he spotted a knot in the wood, and put his eye to the hole.

He just managed to spy some old people sitting in deckchairs and chanting, before a finger came out of nowhere and poked him in the eye.

As he staggered back, the old people started chanting, "Fourteen, fourteen, fourteen, fourteen..."

March 30, 2013 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  5. bobcat (in a hat)©

A young man asked an old rich man how he made his money.

The old guy fingered his worsted wool vest and said, "Well, son, it was 1932. The depth of the Great Depression. I was down to my last nickel."

"I invested that nickel in an apple. I spent the entire day polishing the apple and, at the end of the day, I sold the apple for ten cents."

"The next morning, I invested those ten cents in two apples. I spent the entire day polishing them and sold them at 5:00 pm for 20 cents. I continued this system for a month, by the end of which I'd acc umulated a fortune of $1.37."

"Then my wife's father died and left us two million dollars."

March 30, 2013 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  6. chrissy

Lol @ bobcat, sounds like my mum and dad.

March 30, 2013 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)¬©

They're blocking me chrissy. I'll try later.

March 30, 2013 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  7. banasy©

Lol@Rawr. Thanks for the jokes.
    Are you getting philosophical in your old age? After your first post, I felt like I should be in the lotus position...

March 30, 2013 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)¬©

Hey banasy

I"ve been operating on the outside of myself for quite some time now. I figured it was about time for me to dive back inside to see what was going on. After my excursion into the depths of my being, i am happy to announce that all is well in the inner sanctum of he who we refer to as bobcat (in a hat)©.

March 30, 2013 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

Rawr, my darling friend, I am so glad to see everything is copacetic in Hatland. You had me worrying about you.

March 30, 2013 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  8. chrissy

Holy chamolie @ bobcat! Who are you? lmao!

March 30, 2013 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  9. bobcat (in a hat)©

I am the man who wears the coat of many colors. One who thinks they know one, knows nau ght. For that which is known to the few will be not be known to the many. That which is not known, shall forever remain a mystery in the minds of those who do not seek to know.

Wow, I have got to agree with you chrissy. Who the heck am I ?

March 30, 2013 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  10. bobcat (in a hat)©

Okay, now that I've got all that crap out of my system, how the heck have you guys been doing ? It has been a surreal time for me lately and I'm just now getting my feet back under me. But all is good.

In case I don't get achance to talk to you later, I wish all my friends a most blessed Easter.

March 30, 2013 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

I wish you a joyous Easter, darling man. May all stay well in your world.

March 30, 2013 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ¬©

@bobcat, all is you need to know if you are one of the very best. I am sending you my love at Easter

March 30, 2013 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
  11. chrissy

Aww @ bobcat, you also dear man.

March 30, 2013 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |