March 31st, 2013

Francis celebrates first Easter Mass as pope

Pope Francis is celebrating his first Easter Mass as pontiff before a packed crowd at St. Peter's Square in the Vatican.

The pope is expected to deliver his Urbi et Orbi ("to the city and the world") blessing at noon (6 a.m. ET) Sunday.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Catholic Church • Pope Francis • Religion • World
  1. chrissy

Happy Easter everyone!

March 31, 2013 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  2. Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

@ chrissy: Greetings. It's a nice day for tourism in Rome, isn't it. Trastevere...the Spanish Steps...

March 31, 2013 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  3. bobcat (in a hat)©

This is for all my friends who prclaim religion. (whatever it may be)

•“And he departed from our sight that we might return to our heart, and there find Him. For He departed, and behold, He is here.” ~St Augustine

March 31, 2013 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
  4. bobcat (in a hat)©

This is for all my friends who proclaim religion. (whatever it may be)

March 31, 2013 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  5. bobcat (in a hat)©

This is for all my friends who profess spiritualism

Easter, the most Holy day on the Christian calendar,
    is a day to celebrate our spiritual natures.
    We are not just bones and flesh, chemicals and electricity,
    we are beings of Spirit, one with each other
    and one with the eternity and infinity of Creation.

March 31, 2013 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  6. bobcat (in a hat)©

And to all my friends who embrace life as it is

Whenever our life is stirred by truth, it expresses energy and comes to be filled, as it were, with a creative ardor. This consciousness of the creative urge is evidence of the force of truth on our mind.

March 31, 2013 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  7. bobcat (in a hat)©

HAPPY EASTER TO ALL

March 31, 2013 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  8. bobcat (in a hat)©

A child came home from Sunday School and told his mother that he had learned a new song about a cross-eyed bear named Gladly. It took his mother a while before she realized that the hymn was really "Gladly The Cross I'd Bear,"

March 31, 2013 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  9. saywhat

Happy Easter evryone.
    @bobcat
    Word. Thanks my friend.

March 31, 2013 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  10. saywhat

Induced or inbred hatred, intolerance & fear now keeps us away from the very Message.

March 31, 2013 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  11. dazzle ©

Gentlemen, your messages are good points to ponder for me. Happy Easter to all.

March 31, 2013 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

They are blocking me like crazy dazzle. I'm just trying to say Happy Easter to you and yours. I saw your comment from last night. Thank you so much. That is special to me.

March 31, 2013 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  12. bobcat (in a hat)©

Sadly, the message is not received any longer. The world as we know it today is filled with a personal agenda. There is no longer time to care for another. The need of the one has far surpassed what we used to practice. The need of the many is now on the back burner, so to speak, at least until the need of the one is fullfilled. And then that also depends on whether one has "learned" the art of empathy. I put emphasis on "learned", because it no longer appears to be a natural human trait in many.
    Hopefully, one day there will be a renewal of the caring that once existed.

March 31, 2013 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

Bobcat, I meant every word. I hope you and yours are having a fabulous day.

March 31, 2013 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

It is being a good day dazzle. Just enjoying my family and friends ( which of course are also family). Got ribs and steaks on the grill . Crown and coke in hand. Temperatures in the upper 70's. Clear blue skies. Yep, it's a good day.

March 31, 2013 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  13. bobcat (in a hat)©

Happy Easter dazzle
    I'm happy to see you here today. I hope you have a very fine day with your loved ones. I haven't inquired about Victoria in a long time. How is she doing ? As always, tell her I said hello and send a big Papa bobcat hug her way.

March 31, 2013 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |