April 1st, 2013

Powerball winner pays back child support

The winner of the $338 million Powerball jackpot paid $30,000 in back child support to the mother of three of his children Monday and had the warrant cleared during a hearing in a New Jersey family court.

The payment clears Pedro Quezada's record, probation officials said during the hearing in Paterson.

The warrant for Quezada was originally issued in 2009. He owed a total of $29,000 in child support, according to William Maer of the Passaic County Sheriff's Office. Quezada has five children, ages 5 to 23. It is not clear which children are covered by the payments.

Quezada told Family Court Judge Ernest Caposela that the children will now live with him.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Courts • Lottery • New Jersey • Powerball • U.S.
  1. Mary

@Cnn, Why oh why did you waste all this space on a story that you knew would be settled. Not like the guy was going to NOT pay back child support after winning the lotto. Matter of fact, I'm making it worse by commenting here...
    No more comments on dumbed-down stories @ all
    New rule...

April 1, 2013 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse |
  2. banasy©

Next up about this guy: whether he wears boxers or briefs.

April 1, 2013 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Mary

I prefer boxers myself; the ones that close fitting and go down mid calf...😉 lol
    I seen @@ wearing a too-too the other day! lmao🙂

April 1, 2013 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Mary, those are called boxer-briefs, and I agree.
      Not with the tu-tu; that I wouldn't know.

April 1, 2013 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Rascal Rabble

the children are with him...so it is really a nonissue and a paid bill to the mother...the guy mighter been unemployed or under employed due to the republican economy...with obama's blessing of course...how y'all like that fence?

April 1, 2013 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
  5. chrissy

Lmao @ Rascal, good post. Especially the part about the republican economy.

April 1, 2013 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  6. banasy©

Well, the warrant was issued in 2009, and he had to have not been paying support for a while, so he was blessed by Bush...and he owned his own business; unsure how that figures in.

April 1, 2013 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse |
  7. chrissy

Yea i saw that also @ banasy, that he owned a store i mean. And im really wondering why this is national news? Heck my ex only had to pay $7.50 a week and he was behind. Lol maybe i should sick cnn on him eh? Lmao.

April 1, 2013 at 11:03 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Mary

I never heard of someone only owing 7.50 a week! Omg @ chrissy that's outrageous ... and a real slap in the face to your childs worth. Hope you eventually received more.
    lol, just think about how much we're worth to satan... Death, I suppose would be the answer
    verses how much we're worth to God🙂

April 2, 2013 at 5:21 am | Report abuse |
  9. Mary

Aw. I spelled tu-tu wrong and I knew how to spell it too; brain fart I guess.

April 2, 2013 at 5:25 am | Report abuse |
  10. Mary

News reports are now saying the man was not ordered to pay back child support but did so on his own. Woo Hoo! The only news here is that erroneous reporting has been corrected.

April 2, 2013 at 7:47 am | Report abuse |
  11. chrissy

Lol @ Mary, its true tho. But its because i asked the judge to not order support because i knew he would run and i felt it was more important for my kids to have their dad in their lives. And i had been the sole support anyway.

April 2, 2013 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  12. chrissy

The judge said he was required to order at least the medical portion, which at the time was $7.50. Turns out i was right, he ran and my kids didnt see him until they were adults.

April 2, 2013 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |