April 6th, 2013

China closes poultry sale in second city

Hangzhou suspended live poultry trade, making it the second city in China to take this action since an unusual strain of bird flu has hit the country, state-run media outlet Xinhua reported Saturday.

Shanghai is the other city to close live poultry trading after the outbreak that has left six dead.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: World
  1. Mary

Listening to some Jimi Hendrix now 🙂 They might want to try playing some of his tunes to the chixs of today since it worked on them back in my day! 😉

April 6, 2013 at 7:54 am | Report abuse |
  2. Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

@ Mary:
    The tunes of Franz Liszt worked famously well for him too. Alas, the ladies of his time had extremely differently trained ears.

April 6, 2013 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  3. bobcat (in a hat)©

Iran today announced successful testing of what it calls the world’s first bird flu-based weapons system.

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, acknowledging that his nation’s campaign to develop nuclear weapons has ruffled feathers internationally, said Iran would abandon nukes in favor of bird flu bombs, which he claimed are just as effective and far less expensive.

"Cheap, cheap, cheap," said Ahmadinejad, who made the announcement with a brightly colored parrot perched on his left shoulder. "You just take some avian flu — only the finest H5N1 strain of course — swab it onto the tip of a missile and, kablooey, a million dead infidels."

April 6, 2013 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

@ bobcat:
    Then praise Allah, because Ahmadinejad must also have the cure.

April 6, 2013 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  5. saywhat

lol@bobcat
    we could sure use that against Un.
    Perhaps its a leaked strain from China's bilogical weapons facilities?

April 6, 2013 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  6. saywhat

You have opened a whole new can of worms@bobcat
    Now our own Grahams,McCains and brains of MIC would be seeking funds & rushing to develop anti-H5N1 missile defense system.lol

April 6, 2013 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

OMG What have I done, what have I done ?

Yeah, I can see all those flashbulbs going off in their heads now.
      ( Yes critics, I know it's lightbulbs, but I was just simulating how long their ideas last. )

April 6, 2013 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

And that's very prophetic about the can of worms, as I'm headed out on a fishing trip tomorrow.

April 6, 2013 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  7. bobcat (in a hat)©

A Cajun was stopped by a game warden in South Louisiana recently with two ice chests of fish, leaving a bayou well known for its fishing. The game warden asked the man, "Do you have a license to catch those fish?"
    "Naw, ma fren, I ain't got none of dem, no. Deez here are my pet fish."

"Pet fish?"

Ya. Avery night I take deez here fish down to de bayou and let dem swim 'round for a while. Den I whistle and dey jump rat back inta dis here ice chest and I take dem home."

"That's a bunch of hooey! Fish can't do that!"

The Cajun looked at the game warden for a moment and then said, "It's de truth ma' fren. I'll show you. It really works."

"Okay, I've GOT to see this!"

The Cajun poured the fish into the bayou and stood and waited. After several minutes, the game warden turned to him and said, "Well?"

"Well, what?" said the Cajun

"When are you going to call them back?"

"Call who back?"

"The FISH!"

"What fish?"

April 6, 2013 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  8. dazzle ©

LOL@bobcat! I can tell you do Cajun welll and by the looks of things you'll have several worms for your fishing trip. Enjoy every minute.

April 6, 2013 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

Hello dazzle my friend. It's good to see you.

Ah ya cher, Ah likes cuken mah feesh cajone stahl. I take me awnyawn and gahlic to makes de flahva comes out shaust raht. Then I takes me sum of dat cajone hawt raid peppers and does it jus fahn. Whoo bawya that be sum hawt stuff I gawrontee,

April 6, 2013 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  9. dazzle ©

It is also good to see you my friend. Now really has living down there affected you accent this much or are you a great mimic? It's been a long time since I've been away from NO but I remember giggling when the Cajuns spoke. I went back a few weeks ago for a seminar and nothing has changed.

April 6, 2013 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

I'm beginng to question my accent also. I can do cajone very well. I learned from the originals. But all kidding aside, after being down here for 38 years, I still retain a strong semblance of my northern accent. Of course now it's a mixture, as I do twang some of my words. But it drives people crazy because they can't figure out what kind of accent it is. When they ask me, I just say it's my own.
      And you are also correct about down here. Nothing has changed.

April 6, 2013 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  10. s kel

Hey Bobcat, I was down in Morgan City after Hurricane Andrew in 92. Did lots of clean up.

April 6, 2013 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

I'm trying to respond s kel. CNN blocking me again. I'll try again later.

April 6, 2013 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Nacho Cheese Dip On A Friday Night In 1989

Have chicken box with sriracha? You want more?

April 6, 2013 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

@ bobcat (iah):
    Congratulations on your capturing the accent in script Really well! Wow.
    I've been to New Orleans many times, but never for more than two or three days. I used to make a mean gumbo.

April 6, 2013 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  13. saywhat

Happy angling @bobcat.
    hope the can o'worms serves you well my friend. Big catch n'all.

April 6, 2013 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Mary

@ Joey, Just listened to "Franz Liszt – Liebestraum – Love Dream"
    This seems to inspire listeners to imagine scenes, images, or moods.
    I will go on to listen to his series of 13 orchestral works, numbered S.95–107.
    Thanks again 😉

April 6, 2013 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Mary

Franz Liszt – Hungarian Rhapsody no.2 (The Perfect Version)
    THis one conjured up memories of "Tom and Jerry" 😉 Remember Jerry fiddling around inside the piano... lol

April 6, 2013 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |