April 11th, 2013

No bond yet for parents who took kids to Cuba

The couple accused of abducting their sons and sailing to Cuba will remain jailed without bond through the weekend, a Florida judge ruled Thursday.

The judge also appointed a public defender to represent Josh and Sharyn Hakken after they said they wouldn't be able to pay for a lawyer on their own.

They will return to court Monday for a pretrial detention hearing, the judge ruled.

FULL STORY
Post by: ,
Filed under: Crime • Cuba • Florida
  1. chrissy

Lol believe it or not i used to have a day care til i had my son. Who thru no fault of his required my undivided attention! Was one of the most rewarding things ive ever done. And now im just all the neighborhood granny that watches and entertains the neighbor kids. All 23 of them.

April 12, 2013 at 1:33 am | Report abuse |
  2. chrissy

Ok well this granny is tired. Have a good nite @ Rascal, and sorry if i came down hard on you. I was just kinda disappointed and i get real stressed about child abuse.

April 12, 2013 at 1:38 am | Report abuse |
    • Rascal Rabble

rest easy...people hustle hard in florida...tourists towns usually don't pay good wages...just not sure these children was abused...article was mute on that issue...

April 12, 2013 at 1:58 am | Report abuse |
    • John

@chrissy – I completely understand your stress about child abuse considering the trauma poor 6 year old Aisha was subjected to by that 55 year old Mohammed.

April 13, 2013 at 12:28 am | Report abuse |
  3. FL Mom

The children were removed because the parents clearly were unsuitable to raise them anymore. They went off the deep end. Grandma had PERMANENT custody of them.
    If you get your information from one short blog of course you're not going to get the full picture. While it appears that Rascal wants to wait until the kids are starved or beaten bloody, in this case the children were taken away because the pattern of behavior was getting WORSE, not better. My God, educate yourself, Rascal, before spouting off that the kids should have remained in a DANGEROUS situation.

April 12, 2013 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rascal Rabble

...and specifically what abuse took place???

(chirping crickets) (croaking bullfrogs)

April 12, 2013 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
  4. chrissy

@ John, i have no idea WHO you are talking about. I said NO children should be abused.

April 13, 2013 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  5. this contact form

I have been absent for a while, but now I remember why I used to love this blog. Thanks, I'll try and check back more often. How frequently you update your site?

April 19, 2013 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |