Letter with deadly poison found in Capitol mailroom
April 16th, 2013

Letter with deadly poison found in Capitol mailroom

An envelope that tested positive for the deadly poison ricin was intercepted Tuesday afternoon at the U.S. Capitol's off-site mail facility in Washington, congressional and law enforcement sources tell CNN.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said he was told the letter was addressed to the office of Sen. Roger Wicker, R-Mississippi. After the envelope tested positive in a first routine test, it was retested two more times, each time coming up positive, the law enforcement source said. The package was then sent to a Maryland lab for further testing.

Senators were briefed on the matter Tuesday evening and told the congressional post offices would be temporarily shut down.

Post by:
Filed under: Politics • U.S.
  1. chrissy

Lol @ Rascal. And @ Jiao, hamsta just likes to rant and rave. And ultimately he will blame President Obama lol. Cuz ya know Obama is the root of all evil as far as hamsta is concerned. We call that a sore loser lol.

April 16, 2013 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

No he's just the beast from the sea.

April 17, 2013 at 12:04 am | Report abuse |
    • s kel

and you swamp water drinker are a stain on the floor.

April 17, 2013 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
  2. chrissy

And yea pressure cookers scare me too. Have you ever seen one blow up in the kitchen? Damn what a freakin mess lol.

April 16, 2013 at 11:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rascal Rabble

lol...my mom use them things to sterilized baby bottles...isn't sterlizing baby bottles a thing of the past...

April 16, 2013 at 11:11 pm | Report abuse |
  3. chrissy

Lol i dont know, babies are a thing of the past for me. But youre probably right. Dont they now have them with little plastic bags in em and they just throw those away.

April 16, 2013 at 11:28 pm | Report abuse |
  4. chrissy

I used to use my canner to steralize bottles. Seein that pressure cooker blow up in my mother in laws kitchen showed me i wanted no part of that. Lol but it sure wasnt the only thing that ever blew up in that kitchen lmao.

April 16, 2013 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  5. chrissy

And to be honest im more surprised that you can walk and talk at the same time than i am that you can cook.

April 17, 2013 at 12:22 am | Report abuse |
  6. Hamsta

And what makes you so sure I was talking about you?

April 17, 2013 at 12:23 am | Report abuse |
  7. Hamsta

Eve was not the first woman, before Eve was Lilith. Lilith wanted to do things her way so God banished her and created Eve from one of Adam's ribs. The problem goes all the way back to Lilith.

April 17, 2013 at 12:27 am | Report abuse |
    • Jiao

Because Lilith considered herself equal to Adam. What is the problem with that? I only see that Adam was most likely a misogynist. Are you, Hamsta?

April 17, 2013 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  8. Hamsta

So let me get this right, I'm supposed to let a woman tell when I can and can't work, tell me when I can wash my clothes, and tell me how things are going to be in my house? I don't think so, I work when I can, I may have washed my clothes the day before yesterday but if I need my freezer socks I will wash another load tonight. If a woman wants to micromanage my life to that point she can go to work and pay these bills. If not then she can leave if she doesn't like how I do things.

April 17, 2013 at 12:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Jiao

Of course you shouldn't let a woman tell you what to do. And you should be perfectly happy to keep your mouth shut and not tell HER what to do. Relationships are a two way street.

April 17, 2013 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
    • Pete

@Hamsta,obviously you've never cohabitated with a female or are you that hard to get along with like on this threads...You must be a hand full and seem to become irratated easily just like a spoiled child,am I getting close in the discription of you,close ha!!And are you one that just throws things all around like cloths not respecting others space because with some woman that'll get your ass kicked in a heart beat and believe me maybe you need it as well the way you react to intelligent posters here,right chrissy!!

April 17, 2013 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
  9. chrissy

So let me get this right. You think you can talk down to women just because you have some dumb notion that youre superior? No wonder you only have your cat no self respecting woman would want anything to do with you!

April 17, 2013 at 12:47 am | Report abuse |
    • Jiao

Men are in no way superior to women...and I MAY feel they are equal when they can give physical birth. Google the Danish experiment where two men were simulating giving birth. One cried like a baby with each "labor" pain, and the other quit completely. Couldn't handle it.

April 17, 2013 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  10. Jiao

Re: the topic: we have become complacent as a nation concerning our security. Home-grown terrorists are on the rise. We need to be ever vigilant towards any and all terrorists...even if they are a citizen. Terrorism has no place in the united States; neither does anarchy. If one hates the US so much, one must leave and find a home in a place more compatible with their mind set.

April 17, 2013 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  11. chrissy

Lol did you hear that @ hamsta? If youre so unhappy here you are free to move elsewhere!

April 17, 2013 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jiao

He should consider it. He seems very unhappy here.

April 17, 2013 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
  12. chrissy

Lol oh yea he does and i sure wouldnt mind being the one to do it even. Or at least be able to watch. Funny thing when he first started posting he was rather pleasant and at one time i think we were even friends. Then out came the beast from within and it became excruciating to converse with him.

April 18, 2013 at 11:58 pm | Report abuse |