Boston bombing suspect could be informed of charges today
Dzokhar Tsarnaev could be informed of charges as early as Sunday, a Department of Justice official tells CNN.
April 21st, 2013

Boston bombing suspect could be informed of charges today

Federal officials hope to inform Dzhokhar Tsarnaev of charges as early as today, a Department of Justice official tells CNN's Pamela Brown.

The 19-year-old suspect in the Boston Marathon bombing remains in serious but stable condition in a Boston hospital, where he's under heavy guard.

While a presentment of charges could take place Sunday, an official arraignment would take place later. Normally, a person who faces federal charges must be arraigned within 48 hours.

Post by:
Filed under: Boston • Crime • Massachusetts • Terrorism
  1. Tea Party Patriot

I am retired and living on a small pension. However, this month I managed to put aside $100 and I intend to send it to SarahPAC, which as you know is Sarah Palin's political action committee. I hope you will do the same.

April 21, 2013 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  2. saywhat

I came across an intriguing piece of info reg the Boston terror attack.
    An article penned by Tony Cartalucci in Infowars.com. Read it.

April 21, 2013 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  3. saywhat

"Contractors" in matching uniforms & unmarked SUV are seen in a video near the site of first detonation talking to FBI leaving before the bomb went off.
    What do you folks make of it??

April 21, 2013 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  4. saywhat

The sooner this case is wrapped up the better. It should not be allowed to drag on & publicized or made into a circus.

April 21, 2013 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

What? And deprive conspiract theorists of their fun? Never.

April 21, 2013 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  5. banasy©

And, naturally, CNN will not let me post. I must have exceeded the word limit the is unknown to eveyone except CNN.
    So be it.

April 21, 2013 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  6. chrissy

Cnn you really have written about all you can on this topic doncha think? Can you please update us now on the recovery in West, Texas???

April 21, 2013 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  7. saywhat

Good morning@banasy@chrissy.

April 21, 2013 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  8. saywhat

Pity how the media is ignoring the horrific loss of life in W.Texas & not keeping the public informed.

April 21, 2013 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

Saywhat, search CNN dot com instead of just looking at This Just In. WaPo has decent coverage, also.

April 21, 2013 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  9. bobcat (in a hat)©

Why does there have to be a conspiracy to everything that happens ? I guess if I were to go out here and sneeze, I'd be accused of a conspiracy to spead bird flu, or even worse, the common cold.

April 21, 2013 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  10. BOMBO

CNN blocked my comment that 911 conspiracy theorists are partly responsible for the Boston attack.

April 21, 2013 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  11. BOMBO

They believed the US gov staged the 911 attacks to declare war on Islam.

April 21, 2013 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  12. bobcat (in a hat)©

A minister would up the services one morning by saying, "Next Sunday I am going to preach on the subject of liars. And in this connection, as a preparation for my discourse, I would like you all to read the seventeenth chapter of Mark."
    On the following Sunday, the preacher rose to begin, and said, "Now, then, all of you who have done as I requested and read the seventeenth chapter of Mark, please raise your hands."
    Nearly every hand in the congregation went up.
    Then said the preacher, "You are the people I want to talk to. There is no seventeenth chapter of Mark."

April 21, 2013 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ¬©

@bobcat, this is hysterical, I have missed your jokes and you of course.

April 21, 2013 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • ronvan

bobcat: GREAT!! You always are on top of your game with these.

April 22, 2013 at 8:44 am | Report abuse |
  13. sammy

Great justice!* Wish the system would take those same actions for Treyvon Martin. Terror. Tragic. I feel for everyone that has lost love ones due to ignorant hatred and violence.

April 21, 2013 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  14. BOMBO

This fueled the family's hatred of America. So you have blood on your hands you whackos. You are not harmless.

April 21, 2013 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Jersey Joe

Where is the cry from the libs, for swift bipartisan immigration reform???

The battle cry for meaningful change to keep Americans safe???

April 21, 2013 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |