Source: Suspect says no outside involvement in Boston attacks
Source says the surviving Boston bomb suspect told authorities his brother, Tamerlan (pictured), was the brains behind attacks
April 22nd, 2013

Source: Suspect says no outside involvement in Boston attacks

Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev has told investigators that no international terrorist groups were behind last week's attacks, a U.S. government source said Monday.

He also told investigators his older brother, Tamerlan, was the driving force behind the planning and execution of the attacks and wanted to defend Islam from attack, the source told CNN's Jake Tapper.

The government source cautions that this is just what the suspect is saying in these preliminary interviews, and that all of his claims need to be checked out and followed up by investigators.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Boston • Justice • Massachusetts
  1. saywhat

With that out of the way lets get to the finish now.

April 22, 2013 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  2. saywhat

I have been seeing that there are no thoughts on the horrific tragedy & loss of life in West Texas.How many perished? A town was leveled.

April 22, 2013 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Hamsta

You liberals think the civilian system works so well, it works so well your closet case socialist for a president was brainwashed by Bill Ayers, another enemy combatant who committed an act of war and terrorism against America. So there you have it, a man that should have been executed is one of your presidents buddies.

April 22, 2013 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
  4. BOMBO

SARCASM ALERT ***** And I believe everything that young man has to say. I'm sure the investigators do too.

April 22, 2013 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary

And do you believe everything the investigators and media tell you ? Why are we all so easily accepting of what officials say? Why doesn't anyone here fact check what is being published on any given story?

April 23, 2013 at 6:45 am | Report abuse |
  5. Hamsta

I bet if you slap him around like the police did me when they interrogated me about Kelvin, or put a screwdriver in one his bullet wounds you would get those outside sources. This civilian crap is a waste of time, you liberals think he has rights. He admitted to the crime and is an enemy combatant so interrogate him instead of politely asking him questions or just get over with and execute him.

April 22, 2013 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • BOMBO

Hamsta, I've been in and out of here in the past couple of months and I sometimes miss things, so –

Who in the blazes is Kelvin?

April 22, 2013 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

Kelvin Kaigler, google his name and read about it. He was a friend of mine that got mixed up with some bad people and mixed up in a 4way murder. There was nothimg they could get out of me other than that was my friend and I distanced myself from him 6 months or so before the crime because he was hanging around bad people.

April 22, 2013 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  6. chrissy

Lol @ BOMBO, you had to ask didnt you! Lol hope you have awhile.

April 22, 2013 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
  7. saywhat

I'm getting worried about@Hamsta
    In his present state of mind he can harm himself or others. How can we help?

April 22, 2013 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  8. saywhat

Can we take a moment here to also remember the horrific tragedy & loss of life in West Texas. How many perished? A town was leveled.

April 22, 2013 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

No need to worry about me, my mind is solid as a rock. CNN doesn't want to report on the Texas explosion because Obamacare, taxing the rich and all this redistribution of wealth crap is causing companiws to ignore safety issues, increase production with less man power. I'm watching the same thing happen at my job. More than likely it is a direct result of oppressive government that is unfriendly to businesses.

April 22, 2013 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • s kel

solid as a rock of crack you mean.

April 22, 2013 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • s kel

Amen Saywhat, ignore the mindless dribble from the swamp water drinker. But Yeah West Texas has been left out. I got a call from some of my ex coworkers telling me they are planing to go down convoy style to West Texas, I might go.

April 22, 2013 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
  9. saywhat

Should we not reach out to those families and folks too?

April 22, 2013 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

Ya if your not to broke to do so, but Obama is "hoping" he can empty all the "change" from my pocket.

April 22, 2013 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
  10. chrissy

@ saywhat, it does seem that the whole disaster has been just forgotten by the media doesnt it? Sad.

April 22, 2013 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  11. chrissy

Do you just save all this crap @ hamsta? Then copy and paste it day after day? Its old already and you may also wanta get checked out for paranoid schizofrenia!

April 22, 2013 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Hamsta

One of my favorite commercials is the Geico commercial with R. Lee Irming (Gunny). His role in the commercial is that of a psychiatrist. His patient on the couch says " I don't like the color yellow." R. Lee Irming throws a box of tissue at him and asks "You want a tissue? Are you in namby pampy land?". Every time I see that commercial it makes me imagine Bush and Colen Powell throwing a box of tissue at Obama and Hillary Clinton.

April 22, 2013 at 11:08 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Hamsta

No Chrissy I don't copy and paste, loberals are just that hard headed.

April 22, 2013 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • s kel

yeah Chrissy loberals (code for tea party types) are that hard headed.

April 22, 2013 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse |
  14. chrissy

Well safe journey to you @ s kel. And its a shame that the media has totally left that disaster and all updates out of the picture! More important for us to learn about another endless trial and about drunk driving rockers i guess.

April 22, 2013 at 11:50 pm | Report abuse |
  15. chrissy

Lol @ s kel, i was ignoring the loberal comment. Mainly cuz i make too many spelling errors myself and because i didnt wanta stir up another rant lol.

April 22, 2013 at 11:58 pm | Report abuse |