Christie reveals weight loss surgery
May 7th, 2013

Christie reveals weight loss surgery

After turning 50 years old, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie secretly underwent lap-band surgery in February for the sake of his wife and kids, a source close to the governor confirmed to CNN.

Christie (pictured) told the New York Post, which first reported the story, that the invasive procedure came after his family and friends urged him to start improving his health.

"I've struggled with this issue for 20 years," he said. "For me, this is about turning 50 and looking at my children and wanting to be there for them."

FULL STORY

Filed under: Chris Christie • New Jersey • Politics
  1. Tort Lawyer

I'd sue for malpractice. The surgery clearly isn't working.

May 9, 2013 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  2. saywhat

@Rascal Rabble
    my comment was in response to news of internet shut down in Syria as posted by@bobcat.

May 9, 2013 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  3. chrissy

They dont have Planet Fitness in new jersey?

May 9, 2013 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  4. MaryJ.

All,
    I don't know why more athlete don't use a personal trainer on off season to stay strong and get stronger and healthier. As a personal trainer in Georgetown Washington DC and Northern Virginia (Arlington, Alexandria, Springfield, Old Town) area for last 25 years. Most of top athlete need personal trainers in off season to get stronger and feel confident. http://myur.com/ The other problem with athlete is they don't watch what they eat in of season.
    I know as a trainer I am biased, but i don't know anyone that can't benefit from personal training.

May 20, 2013 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Mike Loshe

I recently got the same surgery done in a oklahoma weight loss surgery
    clinic and have seen some serious results. I hope he starts seeing the results too!

June 24, 2013 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  6. eva

There are many weigth loss surgery clinic in India.But not all are good.Only some have created benchmark in weight loss surgery.
    One of them is Blite clinic in India,Mumbai.
    One of the best and sophisticated clinic in Mumbai.
    To know more visit http://www.bliteclinic.com/

September 20, 2013 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |