May 7th, 2013

Cops find 3 women missing for years

Amanda Berry was last seen after finishing her shift at a Burger King in Cleveland in 2003. It was the eve of her 17th birthday.

Georgina "Gina" DeJesus disappeared nearly a year later, in April 2004. She was 14.

Michele Knight vanished in 2002, at age 19, according to the Cleveland Plain Dealer newspaper.

All three were found alive in a home in a Cleveland neighborhood Monday night, police announced in a development hailed as a miracle by their families.

"Help me, I am Amanda Berry," Berry told police in a frantic 911 call from a neighbor's house. "I've been kidnapped, and I've been missing for 10 years. And I'm here, I'm free now."

Post by: ,
Filed under: Cleveland • Crime • Ohio
  1. TvNyC

Greatest news. So sad what theae cowards did. They are going to hell

May 8, 2013 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  2. chrissy

@ TvNyC, hell is too good for them! And what a shame the one girls mom didnt live to see this day.

May 8, 2013 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  3. banasy©

The Daily/UK has more information than the MSM here in the US has about this case. Sad.

May 8, 2013 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Kornelius

I was just looking at the Facebook page of Anthony Castro the son of Ariel Castro... there is a comment about his mother that seemed strange to me.
    It reads " She is looking down from heaven with joy that they were finally found, that's what she always wanted" doesn't this seem to imply that she, the mother, had known about the kidnapped girls being held in that house. This comment was posted by a friend of the family, and it seems she knew as well.

May 8, 2013 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

I had read that on May 2nd he wrote, "God is good." Or something of that nature. Certainly is a disturbed individual.

May 8, 2013 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  5. banasie©

I enjoy a good slice of pepperoni pizza every now and then.

May 8, 2013 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Private personal training Long Island

I get the chills every time I hear this 911 call… couldn’t imagine.

January 23, 2014 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |