May 8th, 2013

2 once-missing Cleveland women return home

Two of the three women rescued from a Cleveland home where they'd been held for about a decade or more returned home Wednesday while police readied charges against the men accused of keeping them captive.

Well-wishers from the neighborhood cheered as a gray van carrying Amanda Berry and the 6-year-old daughter she gave birth to during her captivity pulled up. The porch was decorated with balloons and stuffed animals and draped with a red banner that read, "Welcome home Amanda."

"We are so happy to have Amanda and her daughter home," her sister, Beth Serrano, told reporters. "I want to thank the public and media for their support and courage over the years."

FULL STORY
Post by: ,
Filed under: Cleveland • Crime • Ohio
  1. chrissy

As for the reports of the neighbors calling the police, i dont know any more than you do @ banasy, only what ive watched on the national news. So for that matter i guess its ALL speculation now isnt it? Can only believe just so much of whats reported i guess.

May 9, 2013 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

From the other accounts I have read, the brothers have been cleared by the victims themselves, AND the FBI, and the incident with the naked lady/lawn never happened either, per the victims themselves. These reports were reports that the FBI cleared the brothers, and the ladies themselves told the FBI that the naked lady incident did NOT happen.
      I saw none of this on TV. I DOp however, trust the FBI's word over the neighbor's.

May 9, 2013 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • wut

All that means is that those women were not involved in the nayked lady incident and had no knowledge of it.
      You are assuming that those women knew everything else that happened in that house. Far from it.
      Castro could have had, and did have by all accounts anyway, other females in the house in the past. If Castro were to confess to everything and do it honestly (which will never happen) and HE says there was no nayked lady incident, then I would say the incident was fake. If you can't rule something out, don't jump to conclusions but verify one way or the other as best you can. That's basic science.

May 10, 2013 at 1:32 am | Report abuse |
  2. banasy©

How does one get this whole diatribe of Rodriguez's from "I am wondering why partisan politics is even relevant in this awful case."
    Oh, and I don't live oin Chicago; I never claimed that I did. Chicago AREA, Mr. Roem, so just calm down.

May 9, 2013 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  3. chrissy

Chill with the tude damn!. I didnt say you were wrong i said i was just going by what i saw on the news. Which is most likely where you read these reports since i dont think the FBI read them to you. I also said when it comes to the media whether its WRITTEN or VIEWED its ALL speculation!

May 9, 2013 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

I am unaware that I have an attitude, and I thought I made it clear in the first post that I read about it...in case you are unsure, I will repeat: I have not watched the news about this case; I have only read about it.
      I am sorry you haven't read the same things I have read. I still trust the FBI more than the neighbors.
      Futher reports have stated that there has been no record of any of the neighbor's supposed calls.
      I am just repeating what I have read. Take it as you will.

May 9, 2013 at 11:52 pm | Report abuse |
  4. banasy©

Oh, I've been blocked again...I merely said that my sources for news didn't come from television sources. I have no attitude, but if trying to inform others is going to get you so angry, chrissy, perhaps you should not read my posts.

May 9, 2013 at 11:58 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Corissa Sexton

That is just terrible what he has done and really I think these girls should have a chance to stomp his face and spit in it before he goes anywhere. 10 years of their lives were basically thrown in a dumpster and giving him the death penalty compared to what he has done to them is like Paradise for him! He NEEDS a real treatment!

May 10, 2013 at 4:10 am | Report abuse |
  6. chrissy

Very true @ wut. It couldve been another woman on the front lawn. Gosh knows what this demon seeds been up to all these years. One thing for certain it was nothing good!

May 10, 2013 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  7. banasy©

Oh, I am so glad you're not upset, chrissy. I was very worried that I might have. Phew. I can rest easy.
    Have a good one.

May 10, 2013 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
  8. banasy©

There were no records of any 911 calls about naked women on lawns, although of course, this may be a massive coverup. Right?

May 10, 2013 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse |
  9. chrissy

Lol whatever trollio! Im sure banasy wouldnt be THAT facitious. Well maybe she could but youre still a trollio!

May 10, 2013 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
  10. chrissy

And since someone felt the need to delete my on topic post ill repost it. @ wut, good point! As evil as this demon seed is it could very well have been a different female. Gosh knows how many other missing women could be tied to this man.

May 10, 2013 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  11. banasy©

The FBI have stated there are no dead bodies buried on the property, thankfully.

May 10, 2013 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  12. chrissy

Thank you for the FBI reporting update.

May 10, 2013 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  13. chrissy

But there is one thing missing from your report and that is that FBI Agent Anderson still thinks the disappearance of Ashley Sommers may be linked to this demon seed!

May 10, 2013 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |