May 13th, 2013

Castro's brothers: Ariel fooled us

Ariel Castro's brothers no longer refer to him as kin. Instead, they call him "a monster" who should rot in jail after being accused of kidnapping and holding three young women hostage in his home for a decade.

"I had nothing to do with this, and I don't know how my brother got away with it for so many years," Pedro Castro, 54, said when he and brother Onil Castro, 50, sat down for an exclusive interview with CNN's Martin Savidge this weekend.

When the story first broke, the world saw all three brothers as suspects after Cleveland police arrested them last Monday and released their mugshots. It was not until Thursday that Pedro and Onil Castro were freed and investigators said the brothers had no involvement in the kidnappings.

Ariel Castro, a 52-year-old former school bus driver, remains in a Cleveland jail on $8 million bond. He's charged with four counts of kidnapping and three counts of rape.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Cleveland • Crime • Ohio
  1. Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

Old story. Now: why the "ordinary" New Orleans violence, for a starter?

May 13, 2013 at 7:53 am | Report abuse |
  2. BobTbuilder

Poor, poor Pedro and Onil. Is how this article reads to me. They should have been able to see, something was not right about their own brother. Shame on them both, for not paying attn to the signs.

May 13, 2013 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  3. Jeff Frank (R-Ohio) "Moving to Fox soon"

He's a Monthster. Yeah yeah yeah. Nobody knows anything, cause nobodys involved...right?

May 13, 2013 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  4. Jeff Frank (R-Ohio) "Moving to Fox soon"

Remember...we don't want to see any racial, slurs, slams, or comments referring to the wonderful Mr. Castro despite kicking a woman so she'd misscarry five times. They weren't human beings yet anyways right?

May 13, 2013 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  5. Portland tony

Old news.... or .....So what? What else are these brothers gonna say?

May 13, 2013 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  6. bobcat (in a hat)©

A man answered the phone. "Yes, Mother," he sighed. "Listen, I've had a long day. Jane has been in one of her awkward moods . . . Yes, I know I should be firmer with her, but it's not easy. You know what she's like . . . Yes, I remember you warned me . . . Yes, I remember you told me she was a vile creature who would make my life a misery . . . Yes, I remember you begged me not to marry her. You were right, OK? You want to speak to her? I"ll put her on."

He put down the phone and called to his wife in the next room: "Jane, your mother wants to talk to you."

May 13, 2013 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  7. bobcat (in a hat)©

A couple, desperate to conceive a child, went to their priest and asked him to pray for them. "I'm going on a sabbatical to Rome," he replied, "and while I'm there, I'll light a candle for you."
    When the priest returned three years later, he went to the couple's house and found the wife pregnant, busily attending to two sets of twins. Elated, the priest asked her where her husband was so that he could congratulate him.
    "He's gone to Rome, to blow that candle out" came the harried reply.

May 13, 2013 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  8. bobcat (in a hat)©

During a dinner party, the hosts’ two little children entered the dinning room totally nude and walked slowly around the table. The parents were so embarras sed that they pretended nothing was happening and kept he conversation going. The guests cooperated and also continued as if nothing extraordinary was happening.
    After going all the way around the room, the children left, and there was a moment of silence at the table, during which one child was heard to say, “You see, it is vanishing cream!”

May 13, 2013 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  9. bobcat (in a hat)©

A young girl came home from a date looking sad. She told her mother, “Charles proposed to me a few minutes ago.”
    “Then why are you so sad?” her mother asked.
    “Because he also mentioned he was an atheist. Mom, he doesn’t believe there’s h3ll!”
    Her mother replied, “Marry him anyway. Between the two of us, we’ll show him how wrong he is.

May 13, 2013 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  10. dazzle ©

@bobcat, laugh out loud, much needed today my friend.

May 13, 2013 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

Hello dazzle

It's good to see you. I've tried three different ways to repond, but no go. I'm trying to give a little info on the West, Texas deal, but I guess CNN has decided that since they don't want to report anything, no one can.

May 13, 2013 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  11. banasy©

Although thos man is truly a monster, I have to laugh at how fast his brothers threw him under the bus...although distance is something that I would do, myself.

May 13, 2013 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

Hi bobcat, I didn't think this posted. I tried three times too. Just got back from the dentist, it is going to be root canal time for me this week. Yuck. Any information you can find on West, Tx would be appreciated.

May 13, 2013 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  12. banasy©

Won"t let me comment? Again? Gee. Surprise, surprise.

May 13, 2013 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  13. bobcat (in a hat)©

@ dazzle

The last info I got on West, Texas deals with the first reponder charged with possesion of an explosive device and bomb making materials. They are trying to see if there are any connections between the two cases, as they still have not determined the cause of the fire that triggered the explosion.

May 13, 2013 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

And good luck with that root canal. OWCH !!!!!

A patient sits in the dental chair with severely fractured front teeth. After discussing how they will be restored
      and what the fee would be the patient says, " Before we begin, Doc, I gotta know: Will I be able to play the trumpet
      when you are finished? " The dentist replies " Sure you will! "
      The patient replies " Great, I couldn't play a note before! "

BA DA Bhoomp Chiiiing

May 13, 2013 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Wait, a first responder? Oh, I hope he isn't involved with that explosion; that would be too awful to contemplate...

May 13, 2013 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  14. TvNyC

Ask the girls if these two were involved.

May 13, 2013 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  15. dazzle ©

Leave it to our bobcat to have a joke for everything even going to the dentist. The only thing that's going to hurt is my check book to the tune of $1500 which is crazy. I hope that First Responder is not to blame. Too awful to even contemplate.

May 13, 2013 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |