May 22nd, 2013

Man killed by FBI agent knew Tsarnaevs, official says

A man fatally shot overnight by an FBI agent in Orlando was being investigated for a possible connection to the Boston bombings, a U.S. law enforcement official with direct knowledge of the Boston Marathon case told CNN.

The man who was shot, Ibragim Todashev, knew both of the Tsarnaev brothers, Tamerlan and Dzhokhar, the official said.

The agent shot in self-defense in an incident at Todashev's house, the official said.

Agents were led to Todashev, who had once lived in Boston, "through investigative leads," the official said.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Boston • Crime • Florida • Massachusetts
  1. BOMBO

Unfortunately, dead men tell no tales.

May 22, 2013 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
    • BilltheCableGuy

Now it's being reported that he was not armed, so why again did the F.B.I execute him?

May 30, 2013 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
  2. saywhat

Should have been taken alive but still more leads may come out.

May 22, 2013 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  3. bobcat (in a hat)©

Damn if this doesn't sound like a conspiracy theory in the making. I can see it now, " Why did they have to kill him ? He must have been getting ready to blow the whistle on this cover up. What is the government not telling us about this alleged terror attack ? "
    Well, did I cover all the conspiracy bases, or is there something I missed ?

May 22, 2013 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Agusta Wind

Love how we're just suppose to take the whole story for truth

May 22, 2013 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  5. BOMBO

Somebody was supporting the brothers' activities while they were building bombs, practicing, planning. Logistical help? Supply of materials? Envelopes of cash? The two of them didn't just do this together, on welfare, in a small apartment, even if the older brother did get training back home for a few months. Was it this dude? Maybe. I imagine we'll hear of more individuals.

May 22, 2013 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Dan

I believe the college guys knew more than they told the FBI. Why did they get rid of incriminating things? Also that "That guy looks like you" remark, pretty damm good likeness if you ask me.

May 22, 2013 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  7. BOMBO

Read the full story link to get a good idea of how this was a larger organization after all.

May 22, 2013 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  8. BOMBO

Why did CNN mods delete my comment telling people to read the full story?

I will go to my grave not understanding their criteria.

May 22, 2013 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  9. BOMBO

Now it's back. Woooo wooooo wooooo......

May 23, 2013 at 12:17 am | Report abuse |
  10. JAYVIN.B

That is a good thing less bad people is Thais world the less crims will happen and what he did that day if I found him I would of shot him for killing people

May 30, 2013 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |