Obama says America at 'crossroads' in terror fight
President Barack Obama speaks at the National Defense University in Washington on Thursday.
May 23rd, 2013

Obama says America at 'crossroads' in terror fight

President Barack Obama in a major counterterrorism speech Thursday defended the American drone program, saying that despite the controversies around it, the strikes are legal and save lives.

Obama said the use of lethal force extends to U.S. citizens as well. On Wednesday, his administration disclosed for the first time that four Americans had been killed in counterterrorist drone strikes overseas, including one person who was targeted by the United States.

"When a U.S. citizen goes abroad to wage war against America - and is actively plotting to kill U.S. citizens; and when neither the United States, nor our partners are in a position to capture him before he carries out a plot - his citizenship should no more serve as a shield than a sniper shooting down on an innocent crowd should be protected from a SWAT team," Obama said.

FULL STORY
  1. saywhat

Thanks@Mary
    take care

May 24, 2013 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  2. bobcat (in a hat)©

@ saywhat

Due the actions that have already been initiated by prior administrations and continued by our current one, I fear that our destiny has already been written. I don't see any way for our nation to fill in the cracks that have been created. Where there may at one time have been a chance for, if not peace, then detente, there is now and endless dark tunnel. But now it is and will continue to be a downward spiral to the ends of civiliztion as we know it.

May 24, 2013 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • I love bobcat's jokes

But this one is kind of depressing.

May 24, 2013 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Mary

How long did we really think this system of things would last @ bobcat (in a hat)©

May 24, 2013 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

That's actually a loaded question Mary. Each individual is going to meet their own armageddon eventually. Wether it will be due to ones own demise, or to a world wide cataclysm, is a subject that has been discussed throughout history, and will continue to be discussed, regardless of when the end, individual or otherwise, comes.

May 24, 2013 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

Not letting me respond Mary. I'll try again later.

May 24, 2013 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary

I'll be looking for you...
      Btw, @ hamsta, There was an article you spoke of maybe a couple of weeks back. I got thru most of it but didn't bookmark it, can you cite the article again for me please?

May 24, 2013 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

@ Mary

The term "system of things" is very subjective. Since the system of things has been a set of laws contrived by and enforced by man all throughout history, until mankind itself ceases to exist, there will always be a system of things. Now if we come into this one world order, that people like to mention from time to time, then it will be something new. But in essence, it will still be a system of things.

May 24, 2013 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary

@ Katman, It is actually the "wicked system of things", Pardon me. And this course of a world which is evil is itself inherently evil.

May 24, 2013 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary

@ Katman, reply continued. Let me see if I can clarify myself here In regards to The Coming System of Things. At Matthew 12:32 Jesus is quoted as saying that anyone speaking against the holy spirit will not be forgiven in this “system of things nor in that to come.

May 24, 2013 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary

@ Katman, reply continued. ” This might be read as a reference to the Jewish system of things and the then future system of things that Christ would bring in by means of the new covenant. However, the evidence indicates that he referred instead to the present wicked system of things and to a system of things that would be introduced at the conclusion of that wicked system of things.

May 24, 2013 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary

@ bobcat (in a hat)©, I'm not fond of breaking up my posts. However, I find more success in doing so. Hope this explained my position on the matter.

May 24, 2013 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Tyrant

Nothing he says is legitimate. This is an illegitimate presidency. BHO is a totalitarian dictator. While handing out illegally purchased Obamophones wrongly procured with appropriated funds to ineligible people coincidentally residing in Ohio swing districts, BHO was coordinating suppression of the conservative vote by using the IRS to deny creation of ideologically opposed 401(c)(3)s while concurrently sending in Dept of Labor OSHA inspections, FBI investigations. He won by one percent. He suppressed at least one percent opposition. It was a bureaucratic coup d'etat.

May 24, 2013 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Portland tony

Believe you are confused. The IRS was accused of unfairly scrutinizing Tea Party and other "Social Welfare" groups attempting to qualify as 501(c)(4) organizations: Which allows them to "not" report donors, names amounts, etc.....

May 24, 2013 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary

Yes Pt, 501. I also would like to add the pro-lifers to that list which were asked to stop picketing PPH in return they would get approved. Also noting that Mr Obama would attend a PPH dinner a couple of fridays ago saying to the crowed "God bless PPH" . God never has blessed them nor never would!

May 24, 2013 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
  5. saywhat

Alas@bobcat. You do paint a Kafkaesque landscape but truthful.

May 24, 2013 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary

I see what you mean @ saywhat. Just picked up a copy of "The Trial"
      Thanks 😉

May 24, 2013 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  6. saywhat

Still i do think that with our collective voice, this nation can make a difference in where we are headed.
    We need to be heard.

May 24, 2013 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Devante

Not lookin good for America's little angle Trayvon Martin. Now we got pictures from his cell phone coming out showing him posing with guns and weed. Texts saying his mom is gonna kick him out and how he is a self proclaimed gangsta. What a little sweetheart 🙂

May 24, 2013 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Trey is a great American

Yes young black men carrying skittles poses no threat whatsoever. Amazing the ignorant outpouring at the time the story broke. Now. Not so much as the facts come out . Chirp chirp chirp. A gangsta is a gangsta regardless of how CNN tries to do a story. A Two thousand dollars "grill" while on welfare? Really CNN? You didn't see this one coming? Snap! That's your low informed viewer base reading your garbage. No surprise the no comments on the matter. Liberals eating their words. Ahhh

May 25, 2013 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
  7. banasy©

Can't improve upon perfection.
    Nice try, JR.

May 24, 2013 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  8. saywhat

Thanks@Mary
    take care & have a wonderful memorial Day weekend all you good folks.

May 24, 2013 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Mary

You as well saywhat

May 24, 2013 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
  10. banasy©

Mary, who is Bennie and Tom Wrangler? Am I supposed to know?

May 24, 2013 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary

banasy, Good evening. 🙂 there is a Tom Wrangler on twitter and Pinterest who follows a singer I guess, named Benny banasy. Just happened to catch the name Tom Wrangler the day before and saw the same name here on the blogs...

May 24, 2013 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

@Mary: oh, I see. I was wondering...and good evening.

May 24, 2013 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Trixi

Jees. Someone is really bored on here to be looking up people names on the net. That's why I always use an alias when it comes to surfing the web. U never know whos gonna be searching your name. Scary

May 24, 2013 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary

I came upon Benny banasy as I stated earlier. Pinterest was the site, I have no desire to stalk banasy ... never have. Have a wonderful evening whom ever you are?

May 24, 2013 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary

@ banasy©, You are quite welcome.

May 24, 2013 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Trixi

Mary. Agreed. It was a clerical error no doubt.

May 25, 2013 at 8:39 am | Report abuse |
    • Trixi

"I came upon banasy earlier as I stated." Come you nosy creep! The White House spreads better cover ups than that

May 25, 2013 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
    • No more lies

Mary. I'm sorry dude. Yup your a dude. But is your name Eric Holder. As bold as your lies are I will hold you accountable. Find another place to hide your diception stalker. I just "came upon banasy as I stated". Yep uh huh. Are illusions your specialty? Congrats Mary. BTW. My name is Tom Riddle. Have fun with that

May 25, 2013 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
  11. banasy©

Can't improve on perfection. Stick with rupert, JR.

May 24, 2013 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
  12. bambi

rupert please stop.

May 24, 2013 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  13. bambi

Rupert....don't you think that you should apologize to mary & muslims everywhere?
    It would be very nice of you.

May 24, 2013 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  14. bambi

All right rupert. It's on your conscience talking that way to mary and many truly innocent good muslims everywhere.
    I am disappointed in you. Good night.

May 24, 2013 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
  15. chrissy

@ Ken Margo "people like me?" I voted for Obama twice and if it was legal for him to run a 3rd time i would vote for him again! Its the people in Congress that i have no faith in! And yea i do have a little problem about how this drone situation is playing out. Im sure you know as far as our government goes, you give them an inch and they take a mile! And ok say they drone an american citizen on the pretence that he was a terrorist and it turns out they were wrong? Or it starts with supposed terrorists and works its way up to whomever they feel like. There needs to be checks and balances with no margines for error!

May 25, 2013 at 12:04 am | Report abuse |