Egyptian tomb defaced
The graffiti was etched across the torso of the figure in the sculpture.
May 27th, 2013

Egyptian tomb defaced

Parents of a 15-year-old Chinese tourist have apologized after the teenager defaced a stone sculpture in an ancient Egyptian temple with graffiti.

The act drew ire in both Egypt and China generating a massive online backlash amongst China's unforgiving netizens.

The vandal carved 'Ding Jinhao was here' in Chinese in the 3,500 year old Luxor Temple.

This was photographed by an embarrassed Chinese traveler and shared on weibo, China's micro-blogging site on May 24.

"The saddest moment in Egypt. I'm so embarrassed that I want to hide myself. I said to the Egyptian tour guide,'I'm really sorry,'" that traveler wrote on the original weibo post.

FULL STORY

Filed under: China • Egypt
  1. saywhat

More trouble also on the same front brewing to add to our woes & rest of the world.
    "Israel vows to target Russian ships suspected of supplying arms to Syria" news.
    "Our supply of missiles to Syrian govt would keep the 'hotheads' from intervention" Russia. news

May 29, 2013 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  2. saywhat

@bobcat@banasy@chrissy@Mary. Hope you folks stick around, so many of other bloggers who used to enliven this blog are keeping away.
    serious meaningful exchange of views and debate on issues, no more.

May 29, 2013 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  3. saywhat

I too find myself unable to find enthusiasm for research & share.

May 29, 2013 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  4. bobcat (in a hat)©

@ saywhat

Good afternoon to you. It is true on the lack of meaningful conversation on the issues any longer. With the way CNN has chosen to block and / or delete whatever we have to say, it just has gotten to the point of not being worth the effort. We used to have a pretty good family here, but due to the aforementioned abuse of the powers that be, it's a once in a while contact deal.

May 29, 2013 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

Hi, saywhat and Rawr.
      I would say that the PTB's lack of new news coverage is also a factor; why isn't there any new stories, such as the derailing that affected dazzle? Nada.

May 29, 2013 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pete

@bobcat,I made a responsible post with no vulgar words ,no references to animal parts or geez nothing above the norm saying good post and I to have been deleted..The worlds coming to an end and the trolls are taking over...Say hi to chrissy,banasy,s kel,you bobcat and all you that are considered like bobcat said family ...Let's get some popcorn,beer and read the trolls argue against themselves,nothing like alter egos beating each other to death while offering nothing intelligent to any of these sites but mindless ignorence!!

May 29, 2013 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)¬©

Well my friends, I am being totally blocked again. So I'll just try to say hello to you.
      See you later
      banasy
      chrissy
      dazzle
      saywhat
      mary
      Jeff Frank
      Jif
      Bombo
      And whoever else I don't remember at this moment

May 29, 2013 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)¬©

And Pete
      Tori
      Scottish Mama
      fernace
      raven
      Greek American
      And uh, um, ah heck, whoever else too.

May 29, 2013 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  5. dazzle ©

Trying to get a post out there but it isn't even making the cut.

May 29, 2013 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)¬©

Keep trying dazzle. It took me all day, but they finally let me post something nonsensical.

May 29, 2013 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  6. dazzle ©

I'm trying my friend bobcat but you know how they are.

May 29, 2013 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  7. chrissy

Lol @ banasy, Javier says its ok. He also said sometimes he doesnt get what im saying either! Lol thats the smart alec side of him. But he still is a very big fan of "the bobcat" lol.

May 29, 2013 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

@chrissy, is he better? OMG, I felt so bad when I re-read your post...I haven't given myself one of these in awhile...*Facepalm*
      Who isn't a fan of Rawr's...and if they aren't, do they have a pulse?

May 29, 2013 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
  8. bobcat (in a hat)©

@ chrissy
    I have tried for two days to get a joke and well wishes out to Javier. They are blocking everything I do. Please pass on my wishes for his recovery. I'll keep trying.

May 29, 2013 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  9. chrissy

And i have tried for over 2 hours to respond to you but ya know how the blockade works around here. Im sure all my posts will show up all at once sometime tonite.

May 29, 2013 at 11:12 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Jonnie Pasho

I have learned some new things out of your blog post. One other thing I have observed is that usually, FSBO sellers will probably reject people. Remember, they can prefer to not ever use your providers. But if anyone maintain a steady, professional partnership, offering support and remaining in contact for about four to five weeks, you will usually have the capacity to win a conversation. From there, a house listing follows. Thanks

August 11, 2013 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |