Newly discovered virus spreads
The virus is "a threat to the entire world," the World Health Organization's general director said.
May 29th, 2013

Newly discovered virus spreads

A new SARS-like virus recently found in humans continues to spread - with the worldwide total now at 49, the World Health Organization said Wednesday.

Of the 49 known infections with the MERS-CoV virus, 27 have resulted in death, the organization said.

The latest deaths were reported in Saudi Arabia.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Health
  1. chrissy

Well be still my heart! Theyve finally added a new thread!

May 29, 2013 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

Key words so far in reports of spreading MERS-CoV are "close human contact," "prolonged" contact, and "hospitals." I don't want to buy any viruses.

May 29, 2013 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • banasy©

Well, I hope it isn't in the hspital I had to be at today, or will have to be at Friday. OTOH, I have no intention of traveling to Saudi Arabia.

May 29, 2013 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
  3. banasy©

Wow. You have really excellent vision, rupert.

May 29, 2013 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. chrissy

YOU have to go to the hospital @ banasy? I sure hope youre ok. And they sure havent given much info here on this virus have they?

May 29, 2013 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. BOMBO

Prolonged human contact? Well I've got nothing to worry about.

Anything serious banasy, or just volunteering? Reading to shut-ins?

May 29, 2013 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. banasy©

@chrissy, Bombo:
    No, nothing serious; just some minor outpatient surgery. No biggie. Had to get the check-in/bloodwork stuff out of the way.

It would be nice if they gave us a little more detail, but I guess we'll have to find out how we usually do: by other sources...

May 29, 2013 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. chrissy

Oh and @ banasy theres a message for you on the Egyption thread that might cheer you up!

May 29, 2013 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. banasy©

DA HAWKS!! (Sorry, C!)

May 29, 2013 at 11:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. chrissy

Lol @ banasy was that (sorry, C) at me? Damn wings anyways lol. Tigers are doing good tho.

May 30, 2013 at 12:24 am | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Jeff Frank (R-Ohio) "Right Wing Insanity"

Hi banasy..hope your doing well.

May 30, 2013 at 12:32 am | Report abuse | Reply
  11. chrissy

With a player like Seabrook it was pretty much a given wasnt it @ banasy?

May 30, 2013 at 1:03 am | Report abuse | Reply
  12. banasy©

@chrissy, yes, it was for you; the Tigers are doing well! My Sox? Well, they got rid of AJ, so...

@Jeff Frank: finer than frog hairs, thanks for asking.

May 30, 2013 at 11:34 am | Report abuse | Reply
  13. chrissy

Lol @ banasy, i had a feeling thats what you meant. Sports season really makes me miss scottish mama even more tho so its kinda bitter sweet ya know.

May 31, 2013 at 12:58 am | Report abuse | Reply