Obama taps Susan Rice as next national security adviser
June 5th, 2013

Obama taps Susan Rice as next national security adviser

[Updated at 2:25 p.m. ET] President Barack Obama on Wednesday announced he was bringing longtime confidante Susan Rice, the U.N. ambassador caught up in political controversy over the Benghazi terrorist attack, to the White House to succeed Tom Donilon as national security adviser.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Politics
  1. Jeff Frank (R-Kansas) "Right Wing Insanity"

I don't care who gets the newly appointed $172, 200 / year position of National Security Advisor. I could even care less who appointed the new National Security Advisor. But what America wants to know, is how a "trusted" source like the IRS could be used for purposes of parasitic exploitation of individuals seeking tax exempt status to form Tea Party groups. Just think. If they can be "manipulated" to divulge private information about them, and get by with it, they can leak information about YOU! The voter base that allows our U.S. Govt. to get by with this, does not really care but nobody but themselves. Where was the POTUS on the night of the Benghazi incident.
    The longer these and other questions go unanswered, the longer the "coverups" continue. Basicly the families of the killed in Benghazi, were told basicly "sorry about your luck", by the most powerfull government in the world...our U.S. govrrnment. I kinda believe this response is very callous and cold.
    There never will be a "perfect president", but the bloated government we have now, everyone tripping over each other accomplishing nothing for the tax dollars you pay them, is ridiculous.

June 6, 2013 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
    • Jeff Frank (R-Kansas) "Right Wing Insanity"

Don't be surprised if you find my above comment missing later on. Some of CNN doesn't believe in the Freedom of Speech and it will be deleted. Some choose thier own confessions.

June 6, 2013 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  2. saywhat

"Jewish Groups to approve Rice nomination" news.
    Sorry GOP, now you can't even think of blocking her nomination.

June 6, 2013 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  3. saywhat

@Jeff
    "Cover ups' Lies', 'Half truths' ' manufactured truths' & such is what this nation has been witnessing since the 'advent' of insanity circa 9/11.
    get used to it.

June 6, 2013 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
    • Caycee

Yep, what party was in office and wrote the Patriot acts 1 and 2 to authorize all of this NSA shenanigans? Oh, yeah. That would be the Bush admin. Et all. Stop blaming the current potus for what you're experiencing now, people...you all were cheering it on when you thought is was going to be used on everyone but yourselves...you got the "security" you asked for, quit complaining.

June 6, 2013 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
    • Avenger

Yep, and now people are going to complain about the security measure they had no problem with when Patriot 1 and 2 was written...that makes me laugh. Because all of this was written over a decade ago and because it's a President they don't like implementing it...smh! What did they expect? It's only good if a republican president orders it??

June 6, 2013 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  4. saywhat

"NASA collecting millions of phone records of Americans from Verizon" Guardian.

June 6, 2013 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

Good morning saywhat

I'm picking on you this morning. That would be NSA. Either that or they're looking for some really expecting some "far out" results.
      Sorry for that my friend.

June 6, 2013 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

"I signed up for a new calling plan today - the 'NSA Friends and Family' plan. For $100 a month, they listen to all my friends and all my family."

June 6, 2013 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
    • Mary

@ Katman... LOL 😉 Nice to you big guy

June 6, 2013 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  5. bobcat (in a hat)©

One of my friends works in the customer service call center of a national pager company. There, he deals with the usual complaints regarding poor pager operation, as well as the occasional crank caller demanding to be paged less often, more often, or by more interesting people.

The best call came from Bubba, who repeatedly complained that he keeps

being paged by "Lucille."

He was instructed that he would have to call her and tell her to stop paging him.

"She don't never leave no number, so I can't call her back," he said.

After three such calls, someone thought to ask how he knew it was Lucille if she didn't leave a number.

"She leaves her name," was the reply.

After establishing that the customer had a numeric-only pager, the light bulb came on.

"How does she spell her name?" the service rep asked.

"L-O-W C-E-L-L"

June 6, 2013 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  6. saywhat

Thanks@bobcat
    My mistake it is NSA. Pardon me.

June 6, 2013 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  7. saywhat

Enjoyed your comment though as always @bobcat.

June 6, 2013 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  8. saywhat

hey you guys cool it@Avenger@Defender
    The direction this country has been going for the past 11 should be a matter of concern rising above political affiliation for all of us.
    The Congress of US of A supposedly the entity that guides our destiny has been failing Americans. Self serving, catering to special interest, foreign lobbies and bowing to the rule of Corporations, bickering on partisan lines it has been ignoring America.

June 6, 2013 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  9. bobcat (in a hat)©

Sorry @ saywhat

It's just that, unlike myself, you seldom misprint. Maybe subconsciously I needed to falsely inflate my ego by pointing out the mistake of another.
    Man, I AM full of it today. In any case, that wasn't nice of me.
    But all kidding aside, that is a move that is going to create repercussions for untold months to come.

June 6, 2013 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Jeff Frank (R-Kansas) "Right Wing Insanity"

Now toay, the same proponent that wants to overthrow the United States Govt., by over regulation of "legal" gun owners that have no intent other than protectiing thier families and thier property, is now trying to justify the United States of spying Verizon Wireless customers cause they think there's terrorists in the mix. You paid your taxes. Now you can pay your Verizon bill and "stay off the phone".

June 6, 2013 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Allie

Who wants to overthrow the US government? Oh, yeah, the same people who insist they need their guns to fight against the government...you didn't say a word when Pat. 1 and 2 were put in place, or in 2006 when Bush ordered his pet NSA to gather records...but now you complain? You made your bed by electing Bush, now deal with somebody else using the measures HE put in place!!

June 6, 2013 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Shanika

Strategy is not important to me so long as I get food stamps and earned income credit. Obama cares about me.

June 6, 2013 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Allie

Don't be ridiculous. Stop acting as if earned income credit is something completely new that the POTUS made up yesterday. It has been around for years. Your mama probably used it, too.

June 6, 2013 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
  12. stuart

So much paranoia. Obama is doing fine. Lets all calm down.

June 6, 2013 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  13. dazzle ©

LOL leave it to you bobcat to bring the Verizon debacle up in a joke. As for the topic at hand, I would hate to be on a jury with many of the commenters.

June 6, 2013 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  14. saywhat

@dazzle
    My thoughts too. @bobcat is one of he most original bloggers i have known. Hope you stick around for a long long time my friend @Katman as @Mary dubs you.

June 6, 2013 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
  15. bobcat (in a hat)©

Hello dazzle
    It's good to see you my friend. This Verizon thing puts a whole new spin on "Can You Hear Me Now ?"
    They need to change that slogan to "Who CAN'T Hear Me Now ?"

June 6, 2013 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |