Putin announces split with wife
June 7th, 2013

Putin announces split with wife

Vladimir Putin's nearly 30-year marriage has ended, the Russian president and his wife told state-run television in a joint interview.

"This was our joint decision. Our marriage is over," Putin told Russia 24, standing next to Lyudmila Putin, in an interview shown Thursday. "We almost don't see each other. We have different lives."

FULL STORY
  1. saywhat

that Russia's geo political designs don't augment those of ours, indeed those are opposing is hardly difficult to assess. And GOP delegation calling Romney's declaration 'absurd' is just an indication of vagaries of politics. And i agree with @bobcat.

June 7, 2013 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  2. saywhat

blocked

June 7, 2013 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  3. saywhat

Russia's enemy?hmmm?
    That their geo political designs are opposing to those of US & its allies hardly needs to be explained. Putin had in the earlier part of his previous governance made a show of aligning with the West, but that is past.While we had been and are engaged and focused on salvaging whatever remains of our credibility and clout in the M.East and South E.Asia both Russia and China have been consolidating their positions .

June 7, 2013 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)¬©

My response is awaiting moderation so you probably won't see it. CNN says they encourage lively conversation, but then won't let you have one. Phhhht

June 7, 2013 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  4. stuart

Mary. True. But some more than others. China and Russia are nowhere as generous as the U. S
    A.

June 7, 2013 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  5. stuart

Too bad. Nice couple.

June 7, 2013 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  6. bambi

At least they were together for 30 years. God bless them both. Sad story.

June 7, 2013 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Not in America

So now we gots the govt spying on us not only thru Verizon but also AT&T and T-Mobile. Obozo needs a bullet thru his head pronto. Yea I said it. Why not? They no who I had sex with last night. They are watching ur phone calls. Ur texts. Ur emails. What web sites u go to. These r things that happen in N Korea, china and the old USSR. Not supposed to happen in America. Now hit the delete button CNN

June 7, 2013 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  7. bobcat (in a hat)©

True saywhat, Russias geo political designs are evident, but those of China and ourselves is also evident. We are all pretty much wanting the same thing, but due to the missteps made in the ME by us, we opened the door for Russia and China to show a different type of influence. These countries are wanting us out of there, and are now looking elsewhere for their support.

June 7, 2013 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  8. saywhat

Need to reassess and revamp our foreign policy and compulsion for military intervention which has harmed our geo political interests and economic vitals no end.

June 7, 2013 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary

The only foreign policy that the US has with regard to the ME is of course "devide and conquer " @ saywhat. There is no need for us in Syria or elsewhere.

June 7, 2013 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • observer

Yes. That's why the Putins are splitting up. Shrug.

June 7, 2013 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  9. saywhat

Read"Kerry's doomed M.E plan" in Counter Punch .

June 7, 2013 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  10. saywhat

Also read former drone operator Brandon Bryant's interview on NBC news " My part in attacks which killed 1600 people haunts me".
    All part of policy components that are harming us and ceding advantage to other powers and our enemies.

June 7, 2013 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Portland tony

Wonder if the pilots who fire bombed Hiroshima or Dresden during WWII had the same regrets.....God, War is about killing the enemy and there are no rules despite all the contrary commentary!

June 7, 2013 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

I saw a documentary on one of the men who was in the plane that dropped the bomb on Hiroshima. He regretted it to his dying day. I am not saying one thing or another about it; only that the man regretted it. I don't see how he could have done anything different, however.

June 7, 2013 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • BOMBO

How did you post that word?

June 7, 2013 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Lizzy

Such a nice couple.

June 7, 2013 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  12. banasy©

Sigh.

June 7, 2013 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeff Frank (R-Kansas) "Right Wing Insanity"

Sigh.

June 9, 2013 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

How do you switch from black to blue, Mary?

June 9, 2013 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeff Frank (R-Kansas) "Right Wing Insanity"

Mary = wolf in sheeps' clothing?

June 10, 2013 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

How do you switch colors? Can we post in red, for instance?

June 9, 2013 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary

You're going to hafta send it again then cause I haven't received any as of yet.

June 11, 2013 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary

You might want to send it again since I haven't received one as of today

June 11, 2013 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jacob

I've never heard of sopa. Sounds like a *mex I can* soup to me.
      Smart girl. Wonder if she looks good in shorts.

June 12, 2013 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jacob

@kenny. Lol she thinks we are the same person

June 12, 2013 at 11:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jacob

She thinks we are the same person

June 12, 2013 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Zandie

I'm sorry, but am I supposed to care that Putin's marriage broke up? Unless the breakup of his marriage somehow involves US security, or somehow causes him to restart the cold war, I don't think it is news.

June 7, 2013 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Albus

Well zandie. This is cnns attempt to distract u from this scandalous administrations error after error. Like we really care that Putin is getting a divorce. Duh

June 7, 2013 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Randy

There goes another right winger. Albus's assesment is riddled with myths. There is no distraction. We focus on the news story that we want. Scandal? No. Now Water_ gate, that was a scandal. Mon ica L. that was a scandal. As of yet has President Obama been called in for questioning like the above mentioned? Nope.
      Why? No scandal, no justification. Case closed.

June 7, 2013 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Albus

Yes I'm a right winger and stand tall. Who's the boss? Who's the CEO? Where does the buck stop. New York Times yesterday,who may I add endorsed obozo both times, said that he has "lost all credibility". Now go put your head in the sand while the facts are still coming out. Now do you think your attn should be on Putin getting a divorce or the IRS targeting conservatives? I know your answer. Plz don't respond puppet

June 7, 2013 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Zandie

Dumbledore, what? What does the POTUS have to do with Putin's divorce? Wait for it, wait for it....nothing! Give me a break, and adjust your foil cap. There's a big world out there.

June 7, 2013 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Albus

Nothing. That's the point. Man. Thickness.

June 7, 2013 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Zandie

OK, Albus, want to tell me exactly what I'm missing here and why I'm so thick when I state that Putin's divorce isn't news? And bear in mind I've seen this on other outlets, so the "CNN distraction" theory isn't going to wash.

June 7, 2013 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Keith

We all have our personal problems. Sorry about their's, but I agree with Zandie. It is not a matter of national security.

June 7, 2013 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dan

Albus. Sir I believe what you are sighting is an editorial. An editorial is an opinion not a fact. Not a good source for information.

June 7, 2013 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gilbert

Albus, don't give so much credit to the New York Times. It was just an opinion, son.

June 7, 2013 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
  15. the Russian punster

Their marriage is over. Now he can putin another woman.

June 7, 2013 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |