August 9th, 2013

Kentucky jury acquits man in beating death

A jury in Kentucky Friday night acquitted 17-year-old Joshua Young in the beating death of his stepbrother, Trey Zwicker, two years ago.

Young also was found not guilty of tampering with evidence.

Josh Gouker, Young's father, pleaded guilty to murder in Zwicker's death, and was sentenced on July 26 to life in prison. But prosecutors said Young worked with Gouker to beat Zwicker as the teen suffocated in the mud of a ditch behind a Kentucky high school.

"Trey Zwicker was brutally murdered at age 14 ... because Josh Gouker is a control freak and because Josh Young wanted to impress him," prosecutor Elizabeth Brown told the jury in Jefferson County Circuit Court during Friday's closing arguments. She said Gouker was upset with Zwicker's mother after she aborted Gouker's unborn child, and he wanted revenge.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Crime • Kentucky
  1. chrissy

I just might have to take Rascals advice lmao!

August 10, 2013 at 8:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. dazzle ©

Yes it really is me.

August 10, 2013 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. chrissy

I dunno you dont answer my texts when i ask you if its you posting so i am doubtful!

August 10, 2013 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. chrissy

Ok if its really you what is our other nickname for PD?

August 10, 2013 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. dazzle ©

I am in Mexico and my phone is useless here.

August 10, 2013 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. chrissy

What? Why would you go there?? Its too dangerous there. Especially since they just released that d r u g lord who has a personal vend~etta against americans!

August 10, 2013 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. dazzle ©

She is on assignment and wanted me with her. Fortunately in this area it is very calm and is sort of an artists colony. We speak only Spanish when we are here.

August 10, 2013 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. chrissy

Lol omg look how long it took to post that? Aren't you glad i don't give up easily?

August 10, 2013 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. chrissy

You're with Tori i take it?

August 10, 2013 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. dazzle ©

Yes of course now she is wondering why she wanted me with her. I see you don't give up.

August 10, 2013 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. chrissy

And its a good thing i dont lol, i wouldnt have survived very long lately if i did! Lol after all I AM INDOMITABLE! Lmao!

August 10, 2013 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. dazzle ©

LOL you are. It's quiet on here tonight for a Saturday. Our favorite troll must be sleeping or eating pizza.

August 10, 2013 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. chrissy

Lol maybe because he was busy earlier today on the pakistan thread. I probably wore him out with too much logical information. Lmao

August 10, 2013 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. dazzle ©

So he's still around?

August 10, 2013 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. chrissy

Lol well of course. Anyway stay safe and text me when you return ok. Ive been texting you for days. Ok time for me to crash.

August 10, 2013 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply