September 18th, 2013

Iranian human rights activist: 'Free forever'

Tehran, Iran (CNN) - Nasrin Sotoudeh, a prominent Iranian human rights advocate, was among several prisoners released Wednesday from a Tehran prison where she had been jailed since 2010.

"I'm glad, but I'm worried for my friends in prison," she told CNN's Christiane Amanpour in a telephone interview soon after her release, citing other political and human rights activists who remain in prison.

Sotoudeh said authorities at the notorious Evin Prison initially told her she would be allowed out on a short break. They then put her into a car.

It was only after she had been driven out of the gates that one of the prison heads told her, "No, you are free forever, and that's why we're taking you home," she said.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. chrissy

Well thank goodness something good has happened from Iran in spite of Israel!

September 18, 2013 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
  2. BOMBO

Forever will be a rather short time if she keeps talking to media.

September 19, 2013 at 12:54 am | Report abuse |
  3. BOMBO

What has this got to do with Israel?

September 19, 2013 at 12:55 am | Report abuse |
  4. BOMBO

Oh I forgot. Everything is Israel's fault. I have a cold with a sore throat right now. Israel's fault.

September 19, 2013 at 12:58 am | Report abuse |
  5. a flock of seagulls

And Iran. Iran's so far away. And Iran. She couldn't get away. Couldn't get away.

September 19, 2013 at 12:59 am | Report abuse |
  6. saywhat

Agree@chrissy.
    And then Iran is not the only place where such incarcerations take place in the M.East or elsewhere.

September 19, 2013 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  7. saywhat

As for Israel, frustrated by failing to push US into Syrian war they have started clamoring for US military action against Iran again.

September 19, 2013 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  8. saywhat

Let us see if M/s Graham,McCain,Cantor,King & Co get the cue.

September 19, 2013 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  9. chrissy

Lets not forget tomorrow is the family reunion day between north and south korea! And also 2 years tomorrow my father passed away and it was his birthday. And he was a vet of the korean war!

September 19, 2013 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Manny

OMG!! Whoda thunk!!

September 19, 2013 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  10. saywhat

My respects to your late father@chrissy.May he rest in peace. I'm sure he was a swell person to have a daughter like you.

September 19, 2013 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
  11. chrissy

Actually the reunion was today.

September 19, 2013 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  12. chrissy

Ty @ saywhat and yea he was an awesome dad in spite of me lol. I posted that korean reunion the nite before but they blocked it and then put it up yesterday morning which his birthday was yesterday as well as that north and south korean reunion. And ive not seen anything on how well that went. That was always his wish tho peace between those 2 countries!

September 20, 2013 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |