September 20th, 2013

11 shot in Chicago park

A child and 10 adults were hit by gunfire in a park on the South Side of Chicago late Thursday night.

All the victims were alive when transported to various hospitals, deputy fire chief James Mungovan said.

The shooting was reported about 10:15 p.m. Central Time.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Justice • U.S.
  1. Jeff Frank (R-Ohio) "Right Wing Insanity"

You can tell the bonafide banasy...she is not suffering from premature articulation.

September 20, 2013 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  2. rupert

I hate the weekends. Thats when all the trolls and jackers come out

September 20, 2013 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeff Frank (R-Ohio) "Right Wing Insanity"

When your working 7 days a week, that leaves nothing for them to jack...hehe.

September 20, 2013 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • hehe

Is trolling 24/7 "working"?

September 20, 2013 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
  3. tracie

We're still waiting for a lucid moment from you.

September 20, 2013 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |
  4. ronvan

SAD!! I used to say upon hearing about the killings and bombings overseas that it was "just a normal day" for them!
    NOW it appears that I, we, can say the same thing about OUR country.

September 20, 2013 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  5. chrissy

@ hehe, a certain someone things it is. Dont you hehe? And @ saywhat, we kinda saw this comming didnt we?

September 20, 2013 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Hamsta

It's funny to hear liberals talk about the dumbing down of American schoolchildren considering they and their messiah, the great Oba-me champion the Common Core program replaces the traditional, conventional education system of the 4 R's of Reading, wRiting, aRithmatic, and histoRy with Ebonics (Po Pimps and Mobstaz), Gay history, forced muslim faith,and demonizing of conservatives, Tea Party members, homeschooling andsupporters of the Bill Of Rights.

September 20, 2013 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Observer

States decide their school's curriculum. How very ignorant of you to blame the President for your own failure to get educated.

September 20, 2013 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

If states decide the curriculum, why is Governor Jindal having such a hard time fighting Oba-Me over the federally forced implimentation of Common Core? And furthermore if states decide the curiculum how does the Federal government pull charter vouchers from poor black families with Obama making a speech about racism and desegregation? Stupid liberal commies, you believe the lies you have been sold?

September 20, 2013 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Observer

The Common Core State Initiative was constructed before Obama took office. I am not a liberal, so your childish personal attack was in vain.
      Charter vouchers have been available for years; they also pre-date Obama.

September 20, 2013 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Observer

Link the story where Common Core is taking away vouchers from black families, Hamsta. A legitimate link, please.

September 21, 2013 at 12:36 am | Report abuse |
    • Observer

Where did I say anything about BG or JM? I didn't. Even better: cite your source that Obama is personally taking away vouchers. I've told you repeatedly I am not a liberal. Who is twisting what now?

September 21, 2013 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Still no link? I am shocked, I tell you; simply shocked.

September 22, 2013 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Hamsta

It happens to me on a daily basis, and it matters not if I insult a pathetic liberal or not. Most of my comments that are blocked are the ones a liberal commie can't argue with. For instance if I were to list all the liberal democrats that walked out on a testimony made by the parents of the Bengahzi massacre my comment would be blocked. That is the style of censorship and propoganda only SOCIALIST and COMMUNIST dictators use, you know Mao, Stalin, Hitler etc..etc...

September 21, 2013 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Observer

This is not a source of news and information. It is a business that panders to liberal confirmation bias. I work here! I block everything from your IP address and post my own stuff. Your perspective is effectively silenced, and I propagandize the masses! We do-gooder know-it-alls know best how to use your money for societal programs. Communism will triumph!

September 22, 2013 at 7:58 am | Report abuse |
    • Observer

Nice opinion at 7:58am...except this is somebody who has stolen my name to post this. I must have touched a nerve by posting facts that somebody didn't like. I do not work here; cheap shot. Post a refutation instead of being a troll.

September 22, 2013 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  8. Observer

June 14, 2002. Karachi, Pakistan. Suicide bomber connected with al Qaeda attacks the U.S. Consulate, killing 12 and injuring 51. THIS is a "massacre." Hearings on this event? 0

September 21, 2013 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Hamsta

"What difference does it make?" Well Mrs. Clinton, since you are to vile of a creature to do what normal people would do and hypotheticly put yourself or a loved one in Ambassador Steven's shoes HBO is making a movie about Bengahzi. Hopefully it is released at the theaters and on DVD in October 2014 and again in 2016. It also wouldn't hurt to broadcast the movie on every channel on pay TV, cable and satellite. We will see what difference is made then. I already know, you are going to "Get the guy who made that Movie."

September 21, 2013 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Observer

If Congress doesn't stop their obstructionist ways, the subject of your vitriol will be the next President. I see the dog whistle is working magnificently on you.

September 21, 2013 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Observer

June 14, 2002. Karachi, Pakistan. Suicide bomber connected with al Qaeda attacks the U.S. Consulate, killing 12 and injuring 51. THIS is a “massacre.” Hearings on this event? 0
      Address this, please, in addition to providing the citation I asked for. If you can.

September 21, 2013 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Observer

Mr. Issa needs to put himself in the following men's shoes:
      Ambassador Adolph Dubs
      Ambassador Francis E. Meloy, Jr.
      Ambassador Rodger P. Davies
      Ambassador Cleo A. Noel, Jr.
      Ambassador John Gordon Mein
      Gain some perspective, son.

September 21, 2013 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • tomm77

You are right..

September 21, 2013 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Observer

Clinton: With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans. Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk one night who decided that they’d they go kill some Americans? What difference at this point does it make? It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again, Senator. Now, honestly, I will do my best to answer your questions about this, but the fact is that people were trying in real time to get to the best information. The IC has a process, I understand, going with the other committees to explain how these talking points came out. But you know, to be clear, it is, from my perspective, less important today looking backwards as to why these militants decided they did it than to find them and bring them to justice, and then maybe we’ll figure out what was going on in the meantime.

September 21, 2013 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Observer

This is the actual quote, IN CONTEXT, in response to Mr. Johnson. Quite different than Hamsta would like you to believe.

September 21, 2013 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jack

Dumb people don't even know what context means...............if it's not used on Fox or Rush they don't care...............

September 21, 2013 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Observer

Crickets.

September 21, 2013 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Observer

11 Embassy attacks between 2002-2008. 51 dead. Number of hearings? 3 TOTAL. Does anyone see anything wrong with this math? How many have been held on Benghazi alone?
    Benghazi was tragic. 1 in 5 years. So were the other 11 attacks in the precious 8, but Congress focuses on this one? Why? Obfuscate. Obstruct.

September 21, 2013 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Observer

That should read PREVIOUS 8. Apologies.

September 21, 2013 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Observer

I didn't say anything about Bush at all. I want to know why Congress didn't see fit to have as many hearings on 11 embassy events as they've had on one. Why does that upset you?

September 21, 2013 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Observer

And why do you continue to try and insult me? Not that I care, because it's funny, but it tends to make you look insecure of your own arguments when you keep doing that. I haven't insulted you at all. Do you not know how to debate?

September 21, 2013 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |