October 4th, 2013

Shutdown: Obama cancels Asia trip

U.S. foreign policy takes the latest hit as the government shutdown enters its fourth day.

With his focus on the brewing domestic crisis, the White House canceled President Barack Obama's trip to the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation summit in Bali, Indonesia.

"The president made this decision based on the difficulty in moving forward with foreign travel in the face of a shutdown, and his determination to continue pressing his case that Republicans should immediately allow a vote to reopen the government," a statement from the White House said.

Secretary of State John Kerry will lead the U.S. delegation in Asia.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Politics • U.S.
  1. chrissy

If it weren't about the money than our Congressional leaders could care less. And why should they? They're set for life. Their insurance COULDN'T be more affordable since its free, AND for life! So between the money factor and the means to squash Obama which is what they've always wanted since day one. So yep their motives are VERY suspect! And it shouldn't be considered anything less than treason!

October 4, 2013 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
  2. BOMBO

Comment blocked. I was just trying to say I saw John Cleese yesterday.

October 4, 2013 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse |
  3. chrissy

Also this isn't much different than being required to have auto insurance and its always in your best interest to have that. I don't know if you've had alot of experience with the cost of prescriptions @ Juan, but if you have doesn't it trouble you about some of the ridiculous prices???

October 4, 2013 at 11:42 pm | Report abuse |
  4. chrissy

Yea @ BOMBO its been extremely hard to post today. Well, unless you're the troll of course lmao. Go figure huh?

October 4, 2013 at 11:58 pm | Report abuse |
  5. chrissy

Every generation needs a revolution
    Thomas Jefferson Go Obama!

October 5, 2013 at 2:20 am | Report abuse |
  6. The Hamsta

Chrissy is comparing Thomas Jefferson to Obame? Chrissy must be smoking crack! Obame is exactly who Thomas Jefferson was speaking about when he said "Freedom stops when those that don't work outweigh those that do work." and "Tyranny is when the citizens fear the government but freedom is when the government fears it's citizens."

October 5, 2013 at 9:00 am | Report abuse |
    • The Hamsta

Or maybe chrissy has Thomas Jefferson confused with Karl Marx and Saul Alinski who said "The ends justify the means." and "Let no crises go to waste."

October 5, 2013 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

“Experience demands that man is the only animal which devours his own kind, for I can apply no milder term to the general prey of the rich on the poor." ~ Thomas Jefferson

October 5, 2013 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  7. The Hamsta

Reality speaks louder than words. I like pepperoni pizza with cheddar.

October 5, 2013 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  8. The Hamsta

Chrissy. I know you don't like pizza. But I say give it a try. I just love thin and crispy pepperoni pizza.

October 5, 2013 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  9. Jay.Jay

Me too. I love pepperoni pizza

October 5, 2013 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  10. banasy©

This is an article about politics. It would follow that I talk about politics, in that case.

October 5, 2013 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  11. bobcat (in a hat)©

A group of doctors were out duck hunting, when a large bird flew overhead.

The family doctor raised his gun to shoot, but then lowered his gun saying "I am not sure that is a duck."

The Psychiatrist raised his gun, but then lowered it again saying , I know it's a duck, but I'm not sure that it knows it's a duck."

The surgeon raises his gun and blasts the bird out of the sky. He turns to the pathologist and says "Go see if that was a duck."

October 5, 2013 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

Hi dazzle
      Great to see you here. The latest forecast is saying it should be downgraded to a depression later today. Max winds now at 40 mph. No more than a summer storm down here. Of course I will still be on standby with my response team, but it appears it will be a boring night. I see a whole lot of double deck pinochle going on tonight.

October 5, 2013 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  12. banasy©

Aw, look. The blog nanny. Or you'll what? Take my name and write garbage under it?

October 5, 2013 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  13. The Hamsta

There you have it, by banasy's own admission a RINO is a lliberal democrat disguising him/herself as a republican to make the republicans look bad without revealing how truely horrible democrats really are.

October 5, 2013 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

What? Where did I say that? I didn't. When you have to fabricate to get a point across, you've lost the debate, JR.

October 5, 2013 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  14. The Hamsta

While I was learning Louisiana history, American history, and world history banasy was in the land of fairies learning gay history. That explains how liberals such as banasy get history all twisted and why they support OBITLER.

October 5, 2013 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Your lies out you.

October 5, 2013 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cav

But you don't know who the Dixiecrats are? Why don't you look up "Southern Stategy" while you're at it. Sorry you're such a bigot.

October 5, 2013 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  15. chrissy

Well how very nice of you @ hamsta, that you are now thinking for me! NOT! First of all i gave you a quote from Thomas Jefferson and then i cheered Obama on for standing by his convictions! I was not confusing the 2 of them at all. Confusion is your dept!

October 5, 2013 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |