December 17th, 2013

You won the big one, now what?

Somebody might wake up Wednesday a whole lot richer. Heck, some of are going to stay up to see if we're the lucky one or two who hits the Mega Millions.

People who play the lottery love to dream about the things they'd do if they won the big one. Telling the boss off might top your list (not mine, oh no, not mine). Maybe a new mansion and a fancy car and a gasoline-powered turtleneck sweater (Right, Steve Martin?).

But let's think about it. There are a few important things you should do before you go out and blow your winnings.

FULL STORY

Filed under: U.S.
  1. Emma

I just checked my numbers and think I may have won.

December 17, 2013 at 7:23 am | Report abuse |
  2. Emma

If I won I'd probably go back to sleep. Morning is too early.

December 17, 2013 at 7:25 am | Report abuse |
  3. bobcat (in a hat)©

Emma, if you win, CALL ME.

December 17, 2013 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
  4. bobcat (in a hat)©

Bob, an extremely wealthy 60-year-old, arrives at a country club with a beautiful and charming 25-year-old blonde.
    His buddies at the club are all aghast. They corner him and ask, "Bob, how'd you get the trophy girlfriend?"
    Bob exclaims, "Girlfriend? She's my wife!"
    His friends are shocked, but continue to ask, "So, how'd you persuade her to marry you?"
    Bob replies, "I lied about my age."
    His friends respond, "What do you mean? Did you tell her you were only 40?"
    Bob smiles and says, "No, I told her I was 90."

December 17, 2013 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  5. chrissy

Lol isnt the chances of getting hit by an asteroid greater than winning the mega millions? Of course i would be happy with just a portion of it!

December 17, 2013 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  6. bobcat (in a hat)©

A wealthy American man was having an affair with an Italian woman for a few years. One night, during a rendezvous, she confided to him that she was pregnant. Not wanting to ruin his reputation or his marriage, he told her he would pay her a large sum of money if she would go to Italy to have the child. If she stayed there, he would also provide child support until the child turned 18. She agreed, but wondered how he would know when the baby is born. To keep it discreet, he told her to mail him a postcard, and write "Spaghetti" on the back. He would then arrange for child support. One day, about nine months later, he came home to his confused wife. "Honey," she said, "you received a very strange postcard today." "Oh, just give it to me and I`ll explain it later," he said. The wife did as she was asked, and watched as her husband read the card, turned white and fainted. On the card was written "Spaghetti, spaghetti, spaghetti. Two with meatballs, one without."

December 17, 2013 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  7. bobcat (in a hat)©

A wealthy couple prepared to go out for the evening. The woman of the house gave their butler, Jervis, the night off. She said they would return home very late, and she hoped he would enjoy his evening. The wife wasn't having a good time at the party. So, she came home early, alone. Her husband stayed on, socializing with important clients. As the woman walked into her house, she found Jervis by himself in the dining room. She called him to follow her, and led him into the master bedroom.

She turned to him and said, in the voice she knew he must obey, "Jervis, I want you to take off my dress." This he did, hanging it carefully over a chair. "Jervis," she continued, "now take off my stockings and garter belt." Again, Jervis silently obeyed. "Now, Jervis, I want you to remove my bra and panties." Eyes downcast, Jervis obeyed. Both were breathing heavily, the tension mounting between them. She looked sternly at him and said, "Jervis, if I ever catch you wearing my stuff again, you're fired!"

December 17, 2013 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  8. saywhat

Good morning all and thanks for spreading cheer@bobcat.
    Well good spending to anyone who wins the jackpot.

December 17, 2013 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  9. saywhat

my next post was blocked.

December 17, 2013 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  10. bobcat (in a hat)©

Good morning saywhat. Haven't seen you in a while. How are you doing ?

December 17, 2013 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
    • saywhat

I'm doing good my friend and thanks for asking. its just that my posts or responses don't get thru that often.

December 17, 2013 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  11. rupert

I won!!
    $4.00 on scratch off. Gonna buy banasy a pack of wriggleys gum

December 17, 2013 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  12. chrissy

Lmao @ rupert, you sure know how to go all out for a girl doncha? Especially after you publicly call her stinky! Glad they broke the mold after making you!

December 17, 2013 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Jessie Ray

First thang is I'd get me a new double wide trailer with heating and air, and a new set of false teeth, and about 10 cases of beer. And maybe a new four wheel drive truck with the big mud tires. Then is have to thank on it.

December 17, 2013 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |