January 17th, 2014

Japan soldier who didn't surrender dies

Hiroo Onoda, a Japanese soldier who refused to stop fighting World War II until the 1970s, has died in Tokyo at the age of 91.

During the war, Onoda was sent to the small island of Lubang in the western Philippines to spy on U.S. forces in the area.

He ended up remaining there, eking out a life in the jungle, until 1974, nearly three decades after Japan surrendered.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. MI Snowman

3 decades? I guess he didn't get the memo.

January 17, 2014 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • josie

My neighbour is working part time and averaging $9000 a month. I'm a single mum and just got my first paycheck for $6546! I still can't believe it. I tried it out cause I got really desperate and now I couldn't be happier. Heres what I do....... W­ORKJURY.C­O­M

March 1, 2014 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • mels

dhtfjSince I started with my online business I earn $58 every 15 minutes. It sounds unbelievable but you wont forgive yourself if you don't check it out

----– W­WW.D­ITJ­OB­S.C­O­M

March 7, 2014 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  2. banasy©

This guy had to be the most dedicated soldier ever...

January 17, 2014 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  3. chrissy

Maybe he just liked it there!

January 17, 2014 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
  4. bobcat (in a hat)©

Well, since they saw fit to delete my original post yesterday, let's go a different route.

According to inside contacts, the Ja pan ese banking crisis shows no signs of ameliorating. If anything, it's getting worse.

Following last week's news that Origami Bank had folded, we are hearing that Sumo Bank has gone belly up and Bonsai Bank plans to cut back some of its branches.

Karaoke Bank is up for sale and is (you guessed it!) going for a song.

Meanwhile, shares in Kamikaze Bank have nose-dived and 500 back-office staff at Karate Bank got the chop.

Analysts report that there is something fishy going on at Sushi Bank and staff there fear they may get a raw deal.

January 18, 2014 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  5. chrissy

Lol @ bobcat! New twist to captain funny huh? And as for the topic, the culture in his country is you must "save face"! Maybe this man felt that to the very core of his being! And to save face he didnt physically surrender!

January 18, 2014 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  6. dazzle ©

Big smile from me. Hello all.

January 18, 2014 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  7. bobcat (in a hat)©

A Patriots fan walks into a bar. There is Broncos memorabilia all over the bar. The bartender is decked out in Broncos gear. The bartender is watching the Broncos/Patriots game on tv, along with a dog wearing a Broncos sweater.

The Patriots fan orders a beer, and starts watching the game. The score is 27-0 in the first quarter in favor of the Patriots. Manning drives the Broncos down to the 3 yard line, but again, can't punch it into the end zone. They kick a field goal, making the score 27-3.

The bartender and the dog both go crazy. The dog is jumping all over the bar, barking, tail wagging. The Patriots fan is pretty amazed at the dogs reaction.

The Patriots fan says, "That's some dog you got there, buddy. What does he do when Denver scores a touchdown?"
    The bartender says, "I don't know, I've only had him three years."

January 19, 2014 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  8. bobcat (in a hat)©

On the first day of school a first grade teacher explains to her class that she is a Seahawks fan.
    She asks her students to raise their hands if they, too, are Seahawks fans.
    Wanting to impress their teacher, everyone in the class raises their hand except one little girl.
    The teacher looks at the girl with surprise, 'Janie, why didn't you raise your hand?'
    Because I'm not a Seahawks fan,' she replied.
    The teacher, still shocked, asked, 'Well, if you are not a Seahawks fan, then who are you a fan of?'
    'I am a 49ers fan, and proud of it,' Janie replied.
    The teacher could not believe her ears. 'Janie please tell us why you are a 49ers fan?'
    "Because my mom is a 49ers fan, and my dad is 49ers fan, so I'm a 49ers fan too!"
    "Well," said the teacher in a obviously annoyed tone, 'that is no reason for you to be a 49ers fan. You don't have to be just like your parents all of the time. What if your mom was an idiot and your dad was a moron, what would you be then?'
    "Then," Janie smiled, 'I'd be a Seahawks fan.'

January 19, 2014 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  9. chrissy

Lmao yup @ bobcat i still get a good chuckle everytime you tell that joke! Thank you!

January 19, 2014 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Kenny Rogers

Good Evening chrissy, did your team win the game. I am bummed, I lost $500 on the game.

January 19, 2014 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  11. chrissy

Good evening to you also @ Kenny. I was blocked from responding earlier sorry. I didnt have a team tho lol. And you learned your lesson i hope.

January 19, 2014 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  12. banasy©

How amusing that Rawr mentioned the two Super Bowl teams in his jokes....

January 19, 2014 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
  13. chrissy

Lol @ banasy. Thats because hes a comic genius!

January 19, 2014 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
  14. dennisshamblin

Check out my blog everyone http://dennisshamblin.wordpress.com

February 13, 2014 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  15. donnalbrown

Start working part time. I kept hearing other people tell me how much money they can make online so I decided to look into it. Well, it was all true and has totally changed my life. This is what I do……. JOBS333.C­O­M

April 10, 2014 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |