April 1st, 2010

Palin tells RNC to remove her name from fundraising invite

Aides to Sarah Palin have asked the Republican National Committee to remove her name from an invitation that suggests she might attend a series of committee fundraising events timed to coincide with next week's Southern Republican Leadership Conference in New Orleans.

Though Palin will speak on Friday at the SRLC, a gathering of top Republican officials and an early cattle call for potential 2012 presidential candidates, the former Alaska governor will not be participating in any RNC fundraising event, a Palin adviser told CNN.

Palin's staff has twice asked the RNC to remove her name from the invitation, the adviser said, adding that the request had nothing to do with the nightclub controversy currently making headlines.

The RNC has organized a four-day fundraising effort around the New Orleans conference titled "Pachyderms on the Pontchartrain," according to a donor invitation obtained by Politico on Wednesday.

Texas Gov. Rick Perry and former Sen. Rick Santorum have committed to appear at one of the RNC events, but the agenda also boasts several "invited speakers" - including Palin, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich and Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour - who do not appear to have confirmed their attendance. Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty is listed as an invited speaker, but Pawlenty said last week he is skipping the New Orleans conference.

The RNC did not immediately respond when asked if they will take Palin's name off the agenda.

1. arapikos

Guess, she does NOT know who wrote the "Star Spangle Banner" when and why?

April 1, 2010 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
  2. Alex

Palin has a staff. Hmmm. Yet, she's just like you and me.

She's not part of that unAmerican club of elitists who hate America, right? I wish someone would define elitist for me. I might be one and not even know it.

April 1, 2010 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  3. Fredo

She will be busy investigating the science of tea bagging in the local male strip club.

April 1, 2010 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  4. Michael Johnson

They didn't offer her top billing and enough money? What does it say about the derogation of the Republican Party when they need ditz like Palin for a draw? Mary Matalin is too much of an intellectual elitist in a party the values ignorance and mediocrity? They rode off moderates, blacks and Hispanics. The party of Goldwater has become a party of hysterical cry babies.

April 1, 2010 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  5. francis obialaso

madam your entitled to your opinion because i think Obama ia the best man for the job

April 1, 2010 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  6. Jo

Is there anything this woman won't quit or back out of? Maybe they just aren't paying her enough...

April 1, 2010 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Michael

She just wants to rake in the bucks as the queen of the tea-bag crowd, she knows a sucker when she sees one.

April 1, 2010 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  8. gunslinger

She doesn't want to attend? I would ask wjy but that is rather obvious. I wonder will she attend the Republican convention in Salt Lake? And Dems are turning away from their president? I just hope the independants can come with the solution to the Chinese fire drill in Washington DC.

April 3, 2010 at 7:36 am | Report abuse |
  9. Erin Turner

I idolize Sarah Palin because she is a woman with very strong character. She has also lots of accomplishments in the area of public service.~

April 26, 2010 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
  10. Owen Bell

Sarah Palin is a very intelligent woman in my opinion.',

October 5, 2010 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Bench Saw

well, sarah palin has a very strong character and she is a great leader too"':

October 20, 2010 at 5:47 am | Report abuse |
  12. caribbean resorts

Hey which you a great deal to the report, it absolutely was really and useful study! I will be again later on for sure.

August 2, 2011 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Jocuri cu Bile

I like your site Palin tells RNC to remove her name from fundraising invite – This Just In – CNN.com Blogs. Thank you just for that great article! I will bookmark your blog and check again here frequently.

August 28, 2011 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Cedric

I wanted information about it on Msn and discovered your post. I thought it was nice and very clear. Thanks

September 15, 2011 at 2:59 am | Report abuse |