April 28th, 2010

Manager: Bret Michaels' tour could resume in late May

Bret Michaels' recovery from a brain hemorrhage suffered last week is going well enough that his concert tour could resume in a month, according to a statement on his website. The rock singer and reality TV star suffered a massive brain hemorrhage and was hospitalized Friday.

"Even though yesterday was a minor setback, doctors remain hopeful for a full recovery and plan to release more specific information next Monday," his road manager Janna Alias said in the statement.

Tuesday's statement from Elias disclosed Michaels suffered "a side effect from the brain hemorrhage called hyponatremia, a lack of sodium in the body which leads to seizures." Doctors still have not pinpointed the "exact cause of the rupture" in Michaels' brain, she said.

"He is responding well to tests and treatments," Elias said.

Michaels, 47, was the lead singer for the '80s glam-metal "hair band" Poison. He became a reality star by headlining the VH1 show "Rock of Love with Bret Michaels." He has also appeared on "Celebrity Apprentice."

"At this time we are planning to resume the tour May 26th in Ft. Smith, Arkansas provided there are no further complications or setbacks," Elias wrote.

Post by:
Filed under: Showbiz
  1. MIKeS

wow this manager is a greedy son of a gun! let the guy rest already....he has not recovered and your pushing him out on tour. someone needs to pay some bills....and could care less about the health of Bret Michaels.

April 28, 2010 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Alive@44

Well there you have it. The fans have spoken. Recover,spend time with family and get rid of the greedy manager and company. I totally agree.

April 28, 2010 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  3. bg

do not play with an ICB this guy needs to chill! discretion is the better part of valor

April 28, 2010 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Ricky

Stay home and chill. People will understand.

April 28, 2010 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Gillian

Obviously this wasn't the "massive" bleed first reported.

April 28, 2010 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Moose

WAIT! ARE YOU SAYING THAT THE WHOLE DRUG AND SEX THING DIDN'T WORK OUT TOO WELL FOR BRETT????? LOL!!! This guy got what he deserved...a nice little slow down in life. Maybe he'll straighten his act up and keep up the moral decay in his life - making out with broads, sex, etc. Seriously, get a hold of yourself dude - you're almost 50 years old. Time to grow up.

April 28, 2010 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Dr. Mike

As a neurologist, the phretomenetrics of his subacuttal hemmorage would indicate he should not perform at this time. He could easily rupture his phlebotomy tube and be back in the hospital in worse shape. There is limited information at this point, but I would say rest and take it easy. The co-metrics of going back to such an active job so soon could re-rupture a viscal sac or even displace brotominal fluid.

April 28, 2010 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Pamela

I would say from my own experience that I was more pushy about "getting back out there" than anyone close to me. I was shouting orders about going to the business meetings I missed and demanding my blackberry (which I received while still unstable in ICU). I am still being teased about what I "texted" while on fentanyl! I truly believed I was going back to work immediately and honestly couldn't understand why everyone was making such a stinking fuss. His advisers/management team may be in the unfortunate position of those who were around me...saying "no" wasn't as easy as it looked. That's why I hope they get a backbone before he gets out of the hospital! 🙂 Now, if they ARE pushing him, then by all means – they need to be given a hasty exit out of his life.

April 28, 2010 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
  9. JS

Are they morons? Yes, they're morons!

April 28, 2010 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Vicky B.

Those who are pushing him into getting back on the road, are actually going to kill Bret Michaels.

Bret, if you are reading this... 1 mere month of recooperation is NOT enough time for what you've been through.

Be smart, be sane and be strong through all outside instigators. Do NOT tour yet... not in May, June OR July! We can all wait patiently for you to fully recover.

April 28, 2010 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  11. JS

From critical condition to a concert tour- in 3 weeks. DUMB!!!!! Does he have Michael Jackson's doctor for his doctor?

April 28, 2010 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Michelle

I get that he DID have a "massive" hemmorage of the brain stem but If in fact his managers or promoters are saying he will tour, he either was not that ill, whilch I think he is or someone is trying to blow smoke up our A##s

April 28, 2010 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  13. amw

Dr Mike – You are a moron! Stop, please!

April 28, 2010 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  14. mary

Manager, stop your pushing. Let the man take time off. He needs to get healthy.His daughters need their their father before anything. They are more important then you and your rush job....If you are that stupid, you're not any kind of a manager someone should be employing... Get a job with someone elSE. He can find someone better and more caring than you. If something did happen to him, you would be one to say (Oh well!!)and move on without blinking a eye. Get a life.. He is a great guy. Stop playing with his life...

April 28, 2010 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |