April 28th, 2010

Manager: Bret Michaels' tour could resume in late May

Bret Michaels' recovery from a brain hemorrhage suffered last week is going well enough that his concert tour could resume in a month, according to a statement on his website. The rock singer and reality TV star suffered a massive brain hemorrhage and was hospitalized Friday.

"Even though yesterday was a minor setback, doctors remain hopeful for a full recovery and plan to release more specific information next Monday," his road manager Janna Alias said in the statement.

Tuesday's statement from Elias disclosed Michaels suffered "a side effect from the brain hemorrhage called hyponatremia, a lack of sodium in the body which leads to seizures." Doctors still have not pinpointed the "exact cause of the rupture" in Michaels' brain, she said.

"He is responding well to tests and treatments," Elias said.

Michaels, 47, was the lead singer for the '80s glam-metal "hair band" Poison. He became a reality star by headlining the VH1 show "Rock of Love with Bret Michaels." He has also appeared on "Celebrity Apprentice."

"At this time we are planning to resume the tour May 26th in Ft. Smith, Arkansas provided there are no further complications or setbacks," Elias wrote.

Post by:
Filed under: Showbiz
  1. Toots

Absolutely insane – for that matter why doesn't he start touring again next week – it's just as ludicrous. Fire the manager who is obviously a jerk and quite possibly an idiot.

April 28, 2010 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Melissa Robbins

Hes not even concious yet... how about we wait and see how hes doing health wise and get him out of the ICU before we even consider him working again... This is just sick, I wanna go scream at his publicist!!!!

April 28, 2010 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
  3. amazed

A severe hemmorrhage often causes death or major diasability. I think the manager is in a dream world. It will be a miracle if he can walk again or feed himself.

April 28, 2010 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Dennis Crow

Don't let the do it to you Brent! heal well, be well, We are all so thankful your outlook is good. Take the year off and appreciate your life...Fire your manager!

April 28, 2010 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse |
  5. kayaker247

whatever he and his doctors thinks is best, is fine with me. I'm just looking at this news as GOOD news. I've never really considered myself a Bret Michales fan, but I am now! This is great news.

April 28, 2010 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Thankful

I am really happy that it looks like he'll be fine... Clearly it's way too early for him to think about touring, but that's just promo nonsense.... he should take 6 months off – ladies, sun, relaxation and come back refreshed.... I'm not a huge fan, but he seems like a good dude and I'm glad this is turning out well for him.

April 28, 2010 at 10:43 pm | Report abuse |
  7. mylastnerve

this kinda nonsense leads me to believe that the real truth is mr. michaels will not recover at all. i remember the lies during luther vandross' so-called recovery that never was to be. i do not know of mr. michaels or his music and i surely hope that i am wrong. it's just the only sense that i can make out of this comment.

April 28, 2010 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Hey Insurance

Insurance would make brain hemorrhages outpatient of they could...

April 28, 2010 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Shocked and Amazed

Seriously! Take the rest of the year off Bret! Your true fans love you and always will! We want you with us for years to come, not on tour! Take care of you, at this point you are the most important! True fans will understand your medical condition!

I grew up without a father, and do not want your two daughters to have to experience the same thing.

As a manager of an awesome, well respected entertainer, you should be ashamed of yourself to make such a statement! Care about the people you represent.... If I were Bret I'd fire you!

Absolutely shocked and amazed at the ignorance of his publicist to post something so insane!

April 28, 2010 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Pamela

Honestly, every single day I am so thankful for how lucky I am. You CAN walk out of the hospital after a major brain hemorrhage and go back to work (I did) but the chances are astronomically slim and ill advised. I am serious...my healing was a divine gift and his will be too...NO TOURING & NO TV SHOWS for a while, please! And if I see a reality show pitched to chronicle his recovery...well, I'll join the majority on this site petitioning for a new manager and a new publicist!

April 28, 2010 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Ghost of Elvis

I, uh, respect your courage, Bret, and hope you recover quickly to make some music soon again. But being out on the road May 21st is somethin' the Colonel would've wanted me to do. So take some advice from the King and tell your management, "It's Easy for You."

April 28, 2010 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse |
  12. vanhenry71

This man needs to be fired! For one he is making deals about a tour without any thought to the health of his client! The man needs a break! There is no way this can be correct! NO STAY HOME AND GET BETTER!!!

April 28, 2010 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Old Buzzard

Hello Again,

Someone close to Mr. Michaels needs to take all these posts into his hospital room and read them to him.

According to the doctors discussing his illness on t.v., a large percentage of people with this don't survive it in the first place so he's really dodged a bullet there. If he doesn't take the time to get well, death would be the LEAST of his worries. He could easily end up blind as a bat, paralyzed totally, or a vegatable.

Not too much fun and partying for someone like that. His roadies, band mates and money people would find a new front man and go on without him no doubt. He would be left in the dust.

He needs to just worry about the people that really care for and love him, his kids that will need HIM, not his money to continue to be the good, kind caring father that he seems to be for them.

Just look at Captain Phil's boys. They are grown men even and are having a very rough time of it without their dad. Mr. Michael's kids are just babies and need their pappa.

He needs to know this.

April 28, 2010 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |
  14. TARMANCER

GET WELL SOON BRET. YOU ARE A DECENT GUY.

April 28, 2010 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Pattis1960

You got to be kidding, my mother had a brain hemorrhage and you don't get right up after that. I wish the best for Bret Michaels, I saw my mom's pain so I could image, Make sure your well before getting back in full force.

April 28, 2010 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |