April 28th, 2010

Manager: Bret Michaels' tour could resume in late May

Bret Michaels' recovery from a brain hemorrhage suffered last week is going well enough that his concert tour could resume in a month, according to a statement on his website. The rock singer and reality TV star suffered a massive brain hemorrhage and was hospitalized Friday.

"Even though yesterday was a minor setback, doctors remain hopeful for a full recovery and plan to release more specific information next Monday," his road manager Janna Alias said in the statement.

Tuesday's statement from Elias disclosed Michaels suffered "a side effect from the brain hemorrhage called hyponatremia, a lack of sodium in the body which leads to seizures." Doctors still have not pinpointed the "exact cause of the rupture" in Michaels' brain, she said.

"He is responding well to tests and treatments," Elias said.

Michaels, 47, was the lead singer for the '80s glam-metal "hair band" Poison. He became a reality star by headlining the VH1 show "Rock of Love with Bret Michaels." He has also appeared on "Celebrity Apprentice."

"At this time we are planning to resume the tour May 26th in Ft. Smith, Arkansas provided there are no further complications or setbacks," Elias wrote.

Post by:
Filed under: Showbiz
  1. Yogi

Ok CNN...is it Alias or Elias? Did this one slip past proof-reading?

And he's not going back on tour...his manager is just blowing smoke, probably to try to delay any financial and professional losses that will inevitably happen when he's out for a good year or so. To quote and back-up almost every other post here, he just had major BRAIN surgery!!! And the brain does what again? Hmmm...let me have my brain tell my eyes to read this and my fingers to type, all the while telling my lungs to breathe for me and my muscles to constrict and contract and my nerves to feel and my ears to hear around me and not to mention it directs my cells on how to function so they can help keep me alive and controls my emotions and my memory and....hmmm....sounds like your brain is what makes you function and lets you LIVE!

Nah, doesn't sound like I need that part!

April 28, 2010 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
  2. susie

Really...sounds like he's in an induced coma, and yesterday they said he needed brain surgery to relieve pressure...is his manager high?

April 28, 2010 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Angie

I am in the health care field. for 30 years. I have seen it all. Stokes and bleeding of the brain. To begin with they still have not pin pointed the source. He is having side effect from medications. Bret is adorable. But his diabetes is not in control if he is drinking not getting enough rest. I do hope thebest for Bret, publishist need to wake up. It will take a long time for his body to heal. There will not be a tour in may. False hope to fans is not okay. He needs encouragement help and hope to recover. Not someone telling him lets go on the road. Bret is a human not a machine. Speedy wishes for a full recovering Bret.
    : )

April 28, 2010 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
  4. bunny

This is all a big fat lie. Too much cover up, which tells me that something else is being covered up, my money is on a hair extension gone bad, and a bad publicist that doesn't know squat about brain bleeds.

April 28, 2010 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Chris

he's a cash cow to many people, of course they want to milk him for a tour

April 28, 2010 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  6. RanInSanFran

No way.

April 28, 2010 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Uncle Sam

Dear Mr Michaels – Welcome to the world of SSI Disability Benefits! No, you will not be touring nor hanging out with Donald Trump for the rest of 2010. Fire your manager, relax and recuperate. If you don't, your next medical malady may be fatal.

April 28, 2010 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  8. jt

I am a physician and there is no way he can be touring in a month. Possibly never again if he has long term cognitive or speech deficits. And those who suggest this is related to a remote head injury have no idea what they are talking about. Trauma causes subdural or epidural hematomas. Subarachnoid bleeding is typically aneurysm or vascular malformation.

Maybe they mean he is going to be touring the rehab facilities putting on talent shows for the other residents. His management company is evil and should be fired. Trying to minimize their losses. It's all business to them.

April 28, 2010 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Jimmy Crosby

Wishful thinking on someone's part. I had an SAH and it took me over a year to really feel better. The fatigue and pain are beyond most of the things we normally experience. I wish Bret a speedy recovery and hope that he heeds the warnings of his doctors.

April 28, 2010 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Sandra

Absolutely NOT!!! That's crazy.

April 28, 2010 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  11. lawrence

Get out there and Rock you pansy!

April 28, 2010 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Harry

I had brain surgery in the occipital lobe 7 MONTHS ago and have just now recovered enough balence and eyesight to do light work around the house and yard. No way is Bret going to be able to tour in May.

April 28, 2010 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Lee C. Kaufman

As soon as Bret unscrambles his brains, the FIRST order of business should be to FIRE the selfish, greedy, pimp for a manager who has been launching a tour while doctors try to uncover the source of his brain BLEEDING! Didn't know Bret from a hole in the wall, but I know SLIME when I see it.

April 28, 2010 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
  14. steph canny

WOW, Bret, Please don't jump back on the house that quick!!! This is GREAT news but you've got to slow down–for awhile???

April 28, 2010 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Sue LaPratt

Family comes first. Bret needs to relax, heel and not push himself. He has family that needs him around for a long time. You can make the money anytime.

April 28, 2010 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |