April 30th, 2010

Two quakes reported in the Bering Sea

Two earthquakes occurred in the Bering Sea Friday evening, according to the U.S. Geological Survey. The first was magnitude 6.3 and the second was 6.0.

The quakes were about 300 miles off of the Alaskan coast. Both quakes occurred at a depth of more than 9 miles, the USGS said.

Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. Divine

so will "J" who thinks he is the judge and jourer. There is only one judge and it aint you brother.

April 30, 2010 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Davide

Jeff, Divine: people hate us for speaking the truth.

J...pls open the bible and continue to educate yourself because you gonna need people like us when "hell breaks loose"

April 30, 2010 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Divine

oh yeah and "J". Don't forget....WWW is the new age 666 and your on it....hahaha!

April 30, 2010 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
  4. J

Well Davide and Divine, it is quite apparent that you are blinded by Satan. You're nothing more than puppets of the Devil, very sad, actually, PATHETIC. You both wont be running your foolish mouths when the Rature takes place and your both left behind to face the 7 year Tribulation, of that I can assure you of. Half the worlds population will die and that's during the first 3 and a half years. Wake up before it's too late and accept Jesus Christ as your Saviour before the Rapture takes place.

April 30, 2010 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
  5. H

Jeff,
    I am sorry that you are going thru a really tough time right now. I know you said that you don't believe in God and that is your right, but I just said a prayer for you and hope that things will be better for you soon. I know you may think I'm crazy == I have no idea who you are, but I just wanted you to know.

April 30, 2010 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Tracy

I'm in Anchorage & didn't feel it. Hasn't even been mentioned on our local news.

April 30, 2010 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Divine

"J" You have a blessed evening. I am sorry to hear that you have negative issues and feel the need to judge. There is only one Judge and HE is not man. and to judge is to srip away all of the good that somewhere in there you are truly trying to get across.

April 30, 2010 at 10:43 pm | Report abuse |
  8. vin99

A true wake up call who are placed as masters of the earth. Clearly we are abusing our resources and seem not to care about it. Earthquakes are natural and these stem from natural occurances. We are livivng in a time when the forces in the earth are simply rebuilding and renewing itself. Yes God is in control but we are being reminded by these quakes that we are one with and depend on the earth, and should care for it. We are quick to blame others, but not ourselves. The care of the earth and its resources rest on our shoulders. Instead of being reactive to a situation, let us be proactive and accept responsibility for our actions and we strive for creature comforts let us do it while honouring our link with nature and our planet.

April 30, 2010 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Davide

ahhhh men. I will pray for you J. I BELIEVE you need it more than me.

April 30, 2010 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Davide

We can still save this planet. We need to act now before its to late

April 30, 2010 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

anyone remember the earth a shakin 60's-70's, commercecity CO????

April 30, 2010 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Carla

Really? I am appalled by what I've read this evening. Not even by the shape the world is in, or by the statements about the Bible and God. What bothers me is these "Christians" getting on here calling people, "sad and pathetic"!? Do you know the saying, "Only God Can Judge Me?" Or did you not notice that one when you were picking and choosing what you want to say from the Bible? It is not your job to put anyone down, or to fight with people over their beliefs. Actually, your attitude is the reason that some people avoid organized religion, or religion at all. You certainly do not have God's Spirit within you!

April 30, 2010 at 11:17 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Junnie

The third comment written by AMBER is the ONLY valid comment here.

April 30, 2010 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Jeff

Thank you H, I am truly touched by that. Yes, things will get better as they always do, but for now they SUCK! Thank you again.....And as for you J, I don't think there is much hope for you as there is any hope for me or anyone else for that matter. What happens will happen and there is noone controlling or has a final say such as a "god" to dictate what happens to any of us. It's fate, it's karma, bad luck, good luck, etc... But there is no divine being overseeing everything. And if there was then nothing bad would happen to snyone. Why would your god punish the innocent? Doesn't make sense to me.
    And again, thank you H for those kind words. 🙂

May 1, 2010 at 12:01 am | Report abuse |
  15. Jerry

God be with you and Blessed Be to all! this is a news relay that is reporting on a current happening that is being pushed forth for some unknown reason. looking at the history and projections of seismic activity by the USGS we can see that this is not only normal but expected. number two, as a Christian, I find it a great insult to both myself and my Father that so many of his children become so childish over such a small amount of fuel. Yes they will say we are stupid and Yes they will prosecute us, and yes they will blaspheme all the days of our lives but do we really have to get down on their level? do we have to show them that we are as small in mind as they are in faith? Brothers and Sisters in Christ it is high time that we show the world the true nature of our God. LOVE FAITH JOY AND PEACE!!!!! not hatred, bigotry lies and childishness. and to all the none believers, I am not saying your wrong, I am not saying your right but when we die and get to heaven one will be right and one will be wrong. I hope that it is I that am wrong because if it is you then Heaven will be missing a lot of great people.

May 1, 2010 at 12:06 am | Report abuse |