A system of rain and thunderstorms that spawned tornadoes continued to pound the Southeast on Monday, leaving at least 19 dead in its wake and displacing or stranding thousands of people. Below are some iReports from some of the affected areas.
- Audie Osborn interviewed sons Sam and Jeremy about witnessing a family of four being rescued from a flooded road.
- Brionna Watson took this video of a putting golf facility under a few feet of water. She says families have been asked to limit their water usage.
- Teresa Steele shot photos of high river water, flooded buildings and a submerged gas station.
- Jason Franks took this photo of a truck tipped to the side and stuck on a flooded road with its headlights still on.
- Jeannie Wright snapped this picture of a car filled with water in a flooded apartment complex parking lot.
-Â John Ellis has been providing ongoing updates of flood levels and efforts to repair damage. He sent this video of water swirling around like the bottom of a drain.
- Sandy Rochelle photographed a beauty store that emptied its chairs into a parking lot to save them.
- Roscoe Shelton, Jr., shot this video of a house demolished by flooding. He says the family was still inside the house when the video was shot.
- Caroline Parker ventured to a pedestrian bridge overlooking downtown Nashville to take photos of buildings submerged in several feet of water. She said the water made driving tricky.
- Truck driver Glen Hapeman sent a picture of himself standing on a floating piece of debris in a truck stop parking lot.