Twenty-eight wedding guests were electrocuted Friday as an overhead cable came in contact with their bus in central India, police said.
Twenty-three women, three men and two children died. Five passengers jumped to safety and suffered minor injuries. The bus driver was not injured.
The high-voltage wire touched an iron wardrobe on the roof of the bus as it stopped at Mandla district of Madhya Pradesh state, said top district administrator K.K. Khare.
As passengers began stepping down while holding the steel railings, the current passed to the ground to cause a jolting electric shock in the bus, Khare said.
Very sad situation – not too surprising after seeing photos of the overhead wiring infrastructure of Indian cities.
it's sad to hear about incidents like this but given the deplorable 3rd world living conditions in india, it doesn't surprise me one bit. natural selection at it best.
To see what their wiring practices looks like
Taking a ride in any vehicle in India is risky in and of itself, throw in their electrical grid in the picture it is no wonder.
ummmmmmm fried dot head >>>>>>>
Come on CNN use some common sense, thanks again for opening comments on a story so idiots can make insensitive juvenile remarks about a tragedy.
All of you who are making jokes about this should go to hell, this is a horrible event, This was supposed to be a happy moment for these people and instead its the saddest moment of there lives (the survivors and bride and groom if they survived)
I'm ashamed to be American with all of these crass, heartless, tasteless comments being posted. What a bunch of self-indulgent, sickos. Grow up.