May 14th, 2010

Member of U.K. parliament stabbed

U.K. parliament member Stephen Timms was stabbed, the Labour Party said.

A member of parliament in the United Kingdom, Stephen Timms of the Labour Party, has been stabbed, the party press office said Friday.

Timms was taken to a London hospital where his condition was described as "not life threatening," the press office said.

Police said a 21-year-old woman was taken into custody. Timms has represented West Ham since 1994.

Post by:
Filed under: United Kingdom
  1. Carrie

Elliot, Almost everyone owns a gun?

I can only think of one person I know that owns one. I don't have one, no one in my family does, none of my friends do. And, yes, I live in the US. 🙂

May 14, 2010 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  2. GoinJohnGalt

May 14, 2010 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  3. LousLuv

From what I have seen, violence has gone up. Having bit of a knife problem are you? qutoe post 51.
    OK, from you have seen has gone up. Thanks.
    I kinda take statistics. How do I know where you are looking out from?
    And I have no issue with any weapon really. Each one has its purpose.
    Don't know how you draw that?
    But, if that is what you got, sorry, not here.

May 14, 2010 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Gimy

Elliot, just be quite and let government protect you! As President Obama so honestly stated less then a month ago, "what sets a nation state apart is its monopoly on violence". If the state allows people to have weapons to create violence then that is logically a threat to a states sovereignty. Time to control the knifes! (sarcasm)

May 14, 2010 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  5. GIJOE

Honeslty Brits there is a reason why the USA won the revolution and pulled the rest of the world out of WW2. It's our culture to carry guns and stand up against all political machines. I think I rather take the risk of getting shot then lose my liberties!!!!

May 14, 2010 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  6. LousLuv

#53, quote:roots of the left are built on resentment, stirring up class and race warfare, expecting free handouts, demonizing anyone successful, and of course using violence as a means to achieve their failed ideologies.

Unions, anti-war movements, resentment against corporations, the G8, WTO, IMF etc – all the left knows how to do is act like the victim, and to make things 'fair,' they feel justified and indeed compelled to use violent means

UH, you do know that history will not have your back on a lot of this? And being Friday, this is the standout contribution from the world wide web for the week.
    Copy and Pasted!
    Have a good weekend. Get out in the garden and plant something! with those kids.

May 14, 2010 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Ian

No Tea Partier has ever been accused of a stabbing, you must be a loonie leftie to use the denigrating term of "tea bagger".

May 14, 2010 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  8. GoinJohnGalt

LousLuv, simply stating it isn't true doesn't make it true. Post #53 was spot on.

May 14, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  9. JON

OK - whos the Millwall rep?

So many embarassing Americans trying to pretend they know anything about British law.

May 14, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Me

Goodness, everyone calm down. Individuals get stabbed every day across the globe. He made it to the news only because he happens to be an MP. You & I would barely make it in the local news.

May 14, 2010 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Todd A

Texas Pete, that makes no sense. It may still have happened. What do yu expect people to do? Walk around with their finger on the trigger?

May 14, 2010 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Rusty

Just pass a law against it and it will stop forever.

May 14, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  13. rodfromnc

I didn't know that Parliament had Military Police...If God wanted him not to be stabbed, he would have stopped it,

May 14, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  14. LousLuv

#63 quote:Jerry, can't open the link, but please tell me this isn't the story about the Democrat that got his office shot up and blamed the TEA party to only find out it was gang related.

That is an old trick at getting your point on, but all it says to others is you do not gather your facts, someone else, or hey shoot me link for, yeah.
    Get your clothes on.
    Obama had no idea the lenghts that transparancy would bring.

May 14, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Brains

Wow, you people from the UK are brainwashed slaves. I've been reading your comments and most of you are under the impression that it's the governments job to regulate your feelings and beliefs. Maybe Timms got stabbed because he's a crook like the rest of em. Maybe if they weren't crooks people wouldn't want to stab them? Just saying.

I cannot believe you people gave your guns away! Are you nuts? You let the cops and military have guns but then let them take yours? What right do they have? Only a nation of brainwashed slaves would give up the right to protect themselves. NEVER IN AMERICA!

May 14, 2010 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |