May 14th, 2010

Member of U.K. parliament stabbed

U.K. parliament member Stephen Timms was stabbed, the Labour Party said.

A member of parliament in the United Kingdom, Stephen Timms of the Labour Party, has been stabbed, the party press office said Friday.

Timms was taken to a London hospital where his condition was described as "not life threatening," the press office said.

Police said a 21-year-old woman was taken into custody. Timms has represented West Ham since 1994.

Post by:
Filed under: United Kingdom
  1. Paul

Jenny,

I don't see anything in plainfact's posts that says he's American! LOL. Are you okay?

May 14, 2010 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Victory67

This a story about a woman who stabbed an MP. It is not about gun rights, knife rights, Tea Partiers, or leftist violence. We don't even know all the facts yet. So people get off the soapbox and stop extrapolating on every article on every little thing. It is not a little thing this man was stabbed surely but getting off subject is just lame.

May 14, 2010 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Buzzman64

Dan, sorry, get the facts straight. The idiocy you spew is almost as inane as the rubbish coming from RODfromnc. To blame guns and not behaviors is the Democrat way of saying "I'm not responsible for my actions, blame someone else but me!" You are the same crybaby's that advocate over-legislation and "prevent me from myself" laws. Be a man, not a child. Accept that laws do not stop criminals, law abiding citizens should be free to make their own choices and not be subject to idot laws derived from scared little boys.

May 14, 2010 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Hillary Clinton

I have no sympathy for this man....Instead of offering condolences I am going to jam another jelly roll in my mouth and take my daughter to the OBGYN. chelsea keeps getting y infections!

May 14, 2010 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Michael Jackson

oooooh did somebody say "little boys"??

May 14, 2010 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Barney Frank

I'm with you Mikey. I love little boys! mmm mmm mmm

May 14, 2010 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Father John

uhh DON'T even look at me!

May 14, 2010 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  8. suesark

How in the world has this story become political fodder?!?! YOU PEOPLE ARE SICK!

May 14, 2010 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Ted Bundy

You don't know what "sick" is, Sue.

May 14, 2010 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  10. NoBama

what nationality was the stabber ?

May 14, 2010 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  11. ROBERT.

OKAY...LETS FACE IT,KNIVES ARE A DEADLY WEAPON AND SHOULD BE TREATED AS SUCH.ITS TIME WE GOT SERIOUS...IF MEMBERS OF PARLIAMENT WERE MORE CONCERNED ABOUT KEEPING OUR STREETS SAFE MAYBE THIS WOULDN,T HAVE HAPPENED...THE NEW P.M.SAID HE WOULD IMPLEMENT"IN YOUR FACE POLICEING"LETS SEE IF HE,S A MAN OF HIS WORD?THE GOVERNMENT IS TOO SOFT ON CRIME AND THAT,S SOMETHING WE ALL AGREE ON...IF YOU CARRY A KNIFE THEN YOU SHOULD BE ARRESTED AND JAILED...NOT WARNED!...I SAY 5 YEARS FOR POSSESION OF A DEADLY WEAPON...ANYONE SECOND THAT MOTION!!!..

May 14, 2010 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  12. clr

My symathies to this man for his injuries. I am sure they hurt. I hope he reoovers quickly, and his family does as well as it is traumatic on all when a loved one is hurting. God Bless

- signed – Proud Mom of a Purple Heart Marine, but also a Tea Partier

May 14, 2010 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Jonathan Field

Well this wouldn't have happened if someone had frisked her for a knife before
    she came in the building. Personally, I think all women should be frisked daily
    anyway. I would even volunteer to do the frisking ... at least the good-looking
    ones. He he ...

May 14, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Elliott Pitzer

All she wanted was a damn date and he, being a member of parliatment, didn't
    want to date a mere commoner. Serves him right.

May 14, 2010 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Michael Jackson

Nooooo, you're ignorannnntttt! I'm just a little white girl.. HEEEE heeeeee!!! Shammmonneyyy!

May 14, 2010 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |