May 14th, 2010

Member of U.K. parliament stabbed

U.K. parliament member Stephen Timms was stabbed, the Labour Party said.

A member of parliament in the United Kingdom, Stephen Timms of the Labour Party, has been stabbed, the party press office said Friday.

Timms was taken to a London hospital where his condition was described as "not life threatening," the press office said.

Police said a 21-year-old woman was taken into custody. Timms has represented West Ham since 1994.

Post by:
Filed under: United Kingdom
  1. foxglove

I thought we had all the crazies over here. I ddin't know the UK had them too!!!!! It gives me some consolation that we are not the only nuts around. God Bless America and the UK.

May 14, 2010 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  2. foxglove

I thought we had all the crazies over here. I didn't know the UK had them too!!!!! It gives me some consolation that we are not the only nuts around. God Bless America and the UK.

May 14, 2010 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Rediculous

I'm an American who has spent alot of time in the Southeast UK, I don't know about you guys, but I'd rather be shot then stabbed. Stabbing is just a little too up close and personal for me. And think about it, in America, sure we can carry guns. But they are still somewhat difficult to obtain illegally. Any British kid with a table knife can become a concern, I mean, all his m8's are packing knives.

May 14, 2010 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  4. UK Sheeple

QUOTE Chris#18:
    "Here's the difference: In the US, where he would have been shot, he'd be dead. In the UK, where guns are strictly regulated, he's stabbed, and hence much more likely to survive the assault. Not every nation ascribes to America's "dumb as we wanna be" politics."

Nice try.
    More people are stabbed in the US than shot each year. Hopefully your Nanny State government passs a law and instantly stop all stabbings. I think you should ban knives-your "civilized nation" can eat with your hands.

Or better- ban women. Thats who stabbed the man. It makes more sense than banning an inanimate object that was in the control of a person. Now we're on to something! Think your little womenless island nation sans table cutlery- throw in a few few more hooligan soccer riots and would be Modern Utopia.

lolz.

Dumb as we wanna be. Kettle. Pot. Black.

May 14, 2010 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Harry Potter

Don't you know?? In England, most of us carry WANDS, not knives!!

hold on... Avada Kedavra!!!!

sorry a-boot that! What was I saying... OH yeah, you see, I only carry this WAND. I'm perfectly harmless. I think even muggles should carry these! The problem would be solved!

Avada Kedavra!!!!
    Avada Kedavra!!!!

May 14, 2010 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  6. battle axe

At least it wasnt kindergarden students like China

May 14, 2010 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Confederation

Don't forget WWII you ungreatful John Bulls.

May 14, 2010 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Elliott Pitzer

Michael Jackson:

lol

May 14, 2010 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Greg H

"The attacker, a woman, said by at least one person at the scene to be Asian, allegedly jumped across Timms’ desk at the end of their meeting and stabbed him in the abdomen."

May 14, 2010 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Knife Man

Knife Man told you children it was up close and personal ( talk is cheap boys and girls).
    The good ole Frogs gave us the Bayonnet ,ugly women and over priced wine.Rediculas sees the light.

May 14, 2010 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Jerry the Bear

Its anarchy in the UK

May 14, 2010 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Texas Pete

Say what you want about our guns you English people, but you are the one whose MP got stabbed so you look really dumb trying to say guns are bad when you can't even protect yourselves!

May 14, 2010 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Get Real Danny

I guess the meeting went bad for her.

May 14, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Carrie

And I thought I was bad for texting during meetings 😦

May 14, 2010 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Rich

How many people got shot in the US today versus UK per capita, Texas Pete? Guns are stupid, but Texans are even more stupid.

May 14, 2010 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |