May 16th, 2010

NORAD: U.S. jets intercept ultralight plane from Mexico

Two F-16 military fighter jets intercepted an ultralight aircraft that flew into Arizona from Mexico on Sunday and tracked it until the ultralight returned to Mexico, the North American Aerospace Defense Command said.

A statement by the NORAD command center in Colorado said the ultralight crossed into U.S. airspace just after 6 a.m. Arizona time (9 a.m. ET).

The F-16s were launched to intercept it, and they shadowed it for 30
minutes before the ultralight returned to Mexico, according to the NORAD
statement. No other details were immediately available.

Post by:
Filed under: Mexico
  1. kamelred

any person trying to gain access to this country illegal should be viewed as an invading force and dealt with accordingly. you want to come to this country?, fine by me, just do it the legal way and become a citizen, then you can share in the American dream of being taxed to the poor house to pay for all the freeloaders and illegal immigrants living in this country.

May 16, 2010 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
  2. indigenous

Justin A.
    Indigenous people of all stock, from Pontiac to Sitting Bull to Geronimo ALL fought over land!

May 16, 2010 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  3. IaCheNeHe

I agree with Stan. However the misnomer of what you Stan call "educated", most of these people are not in-tune with the universal laws of nature and don't possess any real balance in their lives. Words speak volumes and the fact is they are missing the boat. Stan save yourself first and then others will follow., or not. Vibrate at the higher frequency and the haters disappear.

May 16, 2010 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Michael

This is not a race issue or even a legal issue and some would say; it is a political issue elections are coming up and the right is beating on the immigration drum to pickup votes, if there were no elections coming soon then we'd be hearing more about our jobs or debt.

May 16, 2010 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
  5. indigenous

Kamelred, if you are referring to Mexicans as an invading force, THINK AGAIN. Mexicans have ALWAYS been here, Anglo's first invaded Mexican land, so if they did that in the 1800's, it means Mexicans were ALREADY living in theh Southwest, the same as they have when the built the cities in the Southest such as Aztec and Chaco

May 16, 2010 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Hypertest

Ah, yes, to have been in what we know as America before _anyone_ arrived. The Colter Experience on a grand scale.

May 16, 2010 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
  7. JJ

Lock America in a cage, build a Berlin wall all around it because we all know that Freedom should be subject to security.

May 16, 2010 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
  8. ALEJANDRO

This is whole situation is not about race.....South America, Central America, Mexico and now the great melting pot (The United States of America) is turning brown .... its inevitable and its noT my agenda or anyone. LA RAZA, just wants hispanics to know their true history, but fail to realize that America will have its own history, It will be full of Mestizos.....not just native and spanish, but of asian and white, white and black...........America belongs to the colored!

INDEGINO CAN YOU REALLY BLAME HISPANICS FOR mMETH, OR HUFFING GASOLINE, SPRAY PAINT CANS??????????

It is inevitable America will turn brown.

South America

Central America

Mexico

INDIGENOUS INDEGNOUS CAN WE REALLY BLAME HISPANICS FOR METH? HUFFING PAINT? SPRAY PAINT CANS?

May 16, 2010 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Mike

..."We are not Immigrants, we are Indigenous People, that is why we call ourself Raza, because WE ARE THE PEOPLE, the FIRST NATION PEOPLE, ABORIGINAL AND INDIGENOUS PEOPLE of this land. There is NOTHING Racist about "reconquest", it is only taking back what was stolen in the first place by White people. Posted by: indigenous"

The ingidenous killed and stole from from each other long before people from other cintinents arrived. They just weren't as good at it. He who lived by the sword died by the sword.

May 16, 2010 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
  10. juan

so the us sends two f16's to get a hang glider. so far there has been 3-4 occosions that a helicopter from the mexican military has flown in to us airspace, that is a flying gunship. where are the f16's to intercept that?

May 16, 2010 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
  11. ALEJANDRO

Hey Chinanos, quit fighting over this land, who cares if they took it over......"white racist" tend to forget that their Melting Pot of America will turn brown as well.....south america, central america, mexico and now the great United States.....lol give it some time

It is inevitable America will turn brown.

South America

Central America

Mexico

May 16, 2010 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
  12. indigenous

Alejandro, I don't know dude, go to Spain and ask the Hispanics over there. Can you blame the Mexicans for facing discrimination just for wanting to make a better living for their families?

May 16, 2010 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
  13. hope2012

I am white and proud of it and one thing I am proud more then others is the fact that you can call me white trash even though I live in a bigger house then you drive a nicer car then you (Least mine is not a stolen honda) have more money then you (From a legitimate job not selling drugs to kids) I don't off people in mass numbers My race does not fill up over 60% of the correctional facilities in this country. I don't live with 20 of my family members I don't have to collect welfare every month . So Trash is something you throw away Funny looks like Mexico threw all of you out I mean since it is such a wonderful place that you come here wave your little flag in my face and wonder why I laugh at you. You call me anything you like I call it ironic that I am the trash when it is you that live on the bottom of Society calling your self a victim only thing your a victim of is stupidity.

Now go cry racist or bigot or any other label you can pin on me truth is I do not care what you call me You hate me i hate you we agree case closed.

May 16, 2010 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
  14. machina70

Currently the mexican cultural encourages corruption to the point that the entire wealth of the nation is held by a few Spaniard/Arabic families and the millions of citizens live in poverty and fear. It's not a cultural system that I would like to see influence the US, we have our own inequitable distribution of wealth, but we also have a semi-functional system of laws and civil infrastructure.

More and more the highly developed and cultured regions of mexico are experiencing breakdown.

There were parts of mexico city that were phenomenal, but now they're like armed camps keeping the poor out of their areas. Private security has exploded, it's the fastest rising service industry in mexico. Unfortunately that leads people to feel that they're on their own and they should be making their own rules.

May 16, 2010 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |