May 16th, 2010

NORAD: U.S. jets intercept ultralight plane from Mexico

Two F-16 military fighter jets intercepted an ultralight aircraft that flew into Arizona from Mexico on Sunday and tracked it until the ultralight returned to Mexico, the North American Aerospace Defense Command said.

A statement by the NORAD command center in Colorado said the ultralight crossed into U.S. airspace just after 6 a.m. Arizona time (9 a.m. ET).

The F-16s were launched to intercept it, and they shadowed it for 30
minutes before the ultralight returned to Mexico, according to the NORAD
statement. No other details were immediately available.

Post by:
Filed under: Mexico
  1. Donna

Hey Hoog, Do you think that when the government finally realizes that "terrorists use this border too" that they might send a couple of F-16s to follow a plane that crosses the border? Wish you were in charge. The something would finally be done to protect us from terrorism.

May 16, 2010 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
  2. objectivity

indigenous,

the concept of Survival of the Fittest applies to all living things and there related niches,habitats etc... you saying a "white man" which i dissagree with , there is nto such thing as a "white man" social construct V.S a mexican which is a nationality not ethnicity, exp. the phrase Mexican Government, Mexican Passport, American Government,Chinese is Nationality not ethnicity, is not a objective reasoning to discredit survival of the fittest, why are dinosuars dead but smaller mammals able to survive??? this is not about individual cases where they are high fluctuations, but u take the data over time and do analysis, the conquest of the americas by European Nations spanned centuries, a subgroup of caucasian vs a subgroup of a mongoloid(which are what native indians are) is not justification to discredit survival of the fittest...

May 16, 2010 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
  3. indigenous

Objectivity, this video is a video of a Mexican who is a Mexican by ethnicity.
    [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGVo8lEATt8&hl=en_US&fs=1&]

May 16, 2010 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Terry

Mexican air force. Humm must have been lost.

May 16, 2010 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Californian

Illegal mexican immigrants are invaders, just like Germanic immigrants in Roman territory were invaders. The Roman Empire fell because of several competing cultures with diferent lifesyles and values. We will end up like Rome if we don't kick them out.

May 16, 2010 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Bob Ellis

What can’t (all ) understand about illegal

May 16, 2010 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
  7. machina70

Indigenous, why do none of your so called idigenous people speak their language? Why do they speak the language of their conquerers and pray to the god of their conquerers?

You're not the same people as these tribes you keep naming, you're a mixture of the conquerered.

May 16, 2010 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Bear

I agree with Stan. It would take a great cataclysm where the entire human race was subjected to the same level of racism to bring us all together... all I know is that in this country most white people hate me for not being white. I don't hate them for being white, I hate them for hating me (in that I only hate racists... not necessarily white people).

May 16, 2010 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
  9. objectivity

Indigenous,
    maybe if the video could be translated to English, makes no sense to post it in Spanish because i do not speak Spanish... and if u use this to prove mexican is ethnicity then this is flawed, it is a subjective approach, it is one man's opinion which is not necesarilly fact like i said , an objective study needs to be done.... which i assure you Mexican is a Nationality not Erhnicity

May 16, 2010 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
  10. ALEJANDRO

<<<<Hello Mexican-American here.......I am Mestizo, I have Native and European blood, the same blood that is shared by many in Mexico, Central America and South America. I am an American, Like many of my brothers and sisters are Mexican, Guatemalan, Salvadorian, Peruvian, Colombian, Chilean.

The natives of the Americans have the same blood line, as did those of my European Ancestors.

America! Wake up........you cannot stop the inevitable....Racism will slowly die as we mingle with our bloods...........

Chicanos just enjoy the ride, and fight against the laws that you see as racist until we all become the same color..........

I am happy to be Mexican-American ............... What these "white" racist fear is having a good amount of brown skin men coming back to the land where they once stood and called home.

This is not a Re Conquista...............Its Human Nature!!!!!!!! I hope you racist whites can understand..................

So once again lets fight this racist law Arizona has implemented on us Brown skin men.............VIVA LA HUMANIDAD

May 16, 2010 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Armando

A lot of Americans won't get their cocaine tonight.

May 16, 2010 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Doug

Did he died!?!

May 16, 2010 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Bob

"most white people hate me for not being white"

Sounds like you've got a bit of prejudice there yourself against most white people. I wonder, do they hate you for not being white, or do they hate you for thinking they hate you for not being white? Personally, I hate people who are always assuming that any dislike comes from them being of a certain race. So, as a white person, I do hate people like you, but it's not for the reason you are so quick to think it is.

May 16, 2010 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |
  14. ALEJANDRO

Michael you are correct, Using Hispanics for political gain!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 16, 2010 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |
  15. machina70

LOL he posts a TRUE mexican who can only speak spanish!

That's hilarious, I bet that guy is also catholic.

May 16, 2010 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |