May 16th, 2010

NORAD: U.S. jets intercept ultralight plane from Mexico

Two F-16 military fighter jets intercepted an ultralight aircraft that flew into Arizona from Mexico on Sunday and tracked it until the ultralight returned to Mexico, the North American Aerospace Defense Command said.

A statement by the NORAD command center in Colorado said the ultralight crossed into U.S. airspace just after 6 a.m. Arizona time (9 a.m. ET).

The F-16s were launched to intercept it, and they shadowed it for 30
minutes before the ultralight returned to Mexico, according to the NORAD
statement. No other details were immediately available.

Post by:
Filed under: Mexico
  1. America_The_Beautiful

As long as a person is a contributing member of society, it should not matter their race, religion, or geneology. So here's the plan. Contribute, don't just take. Do not live off of food stamps and government programs for more than 2 months, get a job, no matter what it is, as long as it is legal and works for the betterment of this country. If you can't do this, then leave. If you commit a violent crime, you've lost your rights as a citizen, no matter when or how you got here, even if by birth. If you commit a non violent crime, you serve time and work for society's benefit. Once you have served your time, you get a job and work for the betterment of this country. Simple. No matter who you are, whether a citizen or non-citizen, you should give a positive contribution to the place you live.. or leave....

May 16, 2010 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  2. mark

For those who can't understand how a jet shadows an ultralight aircraft, the jet can be wayyyy up in the air, maybe 25,000 feet, observing but unobserved. It's really pretty simple when you THINK ABOUT IT. When you detect an aircraft, radar anyone, you scramble the fastest thing you have., not some slow ass 150 mph helicopter that is going to depending on distance from take-off to target acquisition an hour or two. Wake up uh mur ika!!!

May 16, 2010 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  3. RighteousRage

Americans are the new Nazi's! It's just getting worse! If you think 6 million Jews was bad, just wait for what they want to do with Mexicans. Hiroshima and Nagasaki weren't enough, Wounded Knee wasn't enough, smallpox infested blankets werent' enough. Thank you for solidifying in my mind that Americans are just an evil invasive species competing for OUR natural resources.

May 16, 2010 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Reality

@Bob

So what should we focus on first? Rounding up illegal immigrants or securing our borders.

You have got to choose one or the other. And Money is a huge reason why.

May 16, 2010 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  5. dan

See, if Mexico had won this war and the US later seized it, then their would be an argument, but since the US won, its ours.

I know, I know, these are complex concepts to grasp, indigenous boy.

May 16, 2010 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  6. RighteousRage

bob, just like they wiped out Pancho Villa with an army of 10,000 American soldiers in 2 seconds? If ONE MEXICAN can hold off an army of 10,000 American soldiers led by a decorated General such as Black Jack Pershing, I would hate what 10,000 American soldiers can do against 12 million Mexicans with no way to trace them.

May 16, 2010 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Bop

The good news is that there are 90 million wetbacks – we can save the world. The new holocauost – each wetback will generate about 500 kilowatts of electricity – in total 45 megawatts. WOW

May 16, 2010 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Thelma Heywood

From the Newsfish to Stan and others who are ready to cave in and let us become Mexico Grande: Yo hablo el idioma (francaise aussi). I know the cultures. However, when I visit other countries, I do so with passport in hand. I also try to display my best manners and be a good diplomat/representative of the U.S.

From Mexico to Colombia, etc. I have never once been offered a wake-up call in English. I order my food in the language of the land. English is the language of the U.S. When in Rome, one is supposed to do as the Romans do, as the saing goes. I should not have to dial a number on a U.S. company's business telephone to speak my own language in my own country.

In China there are about 65 distinct dialects, different as 65 languages would be. They figured it out a long tme ago. There are no ESOL classes. Everyone from the first day of school, speaks Mandarin, which is the language of all schools and businesses.

Our border with Canada is at least 3x as long as ours with Mexico. But I spoke about business with a fellow in Michigan the other day who informed me that Spanish is the language of the future for the U.S. I mentioned Canada and he said there is no need for that!!!! But they are right next door. This is absurd. If Hispanics have not learned English within 3 years, they need to go home. Obviously at that point they are not planning on becoming U.S. citizens. Also, Hispanics who do not speak English need not apply for a drivers' license and need not drive! If I applied for a driver's license in Mexico, do you think they would give it to me in English? NOT!

Ladies and gentlemen, this is the United States of America, not Mexico Grande. This has nothing to do with racism.

May 16, 2010 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Bob

@moonswine

Wait, so we should attack our neighbors who use drugs for the drug war in Mexico, but we should attack the employers for the illegal immigrant problem here in the US? Seems like no matter what, people like you want us to blame those on our side for the problems. How about taking some personal responsibility. Our illegal employers are the drug lords providing jobs for the illegals, so we'll blame them on illegal immigration. You can blame your drug lords for providing the drugs for the users here in the US. OR, you can blame YOUR illegals for seeking out the illegal employers here and we'll blame OUR users for the drug violence. Can't have it both ways.

May 16, 2010 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Bob

@Reality

What part of my post made you think I said ANYTHING about rounding anyone up? I want us to stop the illegal crossing. Prove they are stopped. Then let's talk about those who are here now.

May 16, 2010 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Captain D

I love Mexicans. I hope they keep coming over that border in droves. And when they seal that border, I hope they buy tickets on Air Canada and fly to our northern border and then walk across from there. If there isn't any limitations placed on Europeans, then let's not place any on Mexicans. Come on over my brown brothers. Come on over. Reclaim your Mexican real estate.

May 16, 2010 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Jerry

The Governor of AZ must've been on a 7 killstreak and called in Air Support!!!!! (MW2 Fans can relate)

May 16, 2010 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Adolph

Why cant we all just get along, try hugging a tree today.

May 16, 2010 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Bob

@RighteousRage

LOL, some fairy tale nonsense about one man taking out 10k people? Is that the best you have? You guys have no chance. The illegals here in the US are not about to rise up and attack the US government, so your whole claim of 12 million is laughable on its face. Nice try though. Feel free to rise on up buddy if you wish to test this reality.

May 16, 2010 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
  15. ace

That indigenous is ignorant. Millions of Mexicans are white with blond hair and blue eyes. Their ancestors were the Spanish, some of the whitest people in Europe. How do they have any more right to this land than anyone else?

May 16, 2010 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |