May 16th, 2010

NORAD: U.S. jets intercept ultralight plane from Mexico

Two F-16 military fighter jets intercepted an ultralight aircraft that flew into Arizona from Mexico on Sunday and tracked it until the ultralight returned to Mexico, the North American Aerospace Defense Command said.

A statement by the NORAD command center in Colorado said the ultralight crossed into U.S. airspace just after 6 a.m. Arizona time (9 a.m. ET).

The F-16s were launched to intercept it, and they shadowed it for 30
minutes before the ultralight returned to Mexico, according to the NORAD
statement. No other details were immediately available.

Post by:
Filed under: Mexico
  1. Jenny

I think the boycot idea is no good, how can you hurt everyone in a state because of what some of that state decided to do. If this boycot takes off people will start forming boycotts of certain races if they felt many of that race did something bad. Its not the right solution.

The issue is there is lots of stress now, many without jobs, everyone looking to blame someone. The mess we are in wasnt caused by one person, its a huge mess caused by a combination of things.

Only innovation can get us out of this mess

May 17, 2010 at 2:17 am | Report abuse |
  2. Custer Had it Coming

JAY, it looks as it's already happening.

May 17, 2010 at 2:19 am | Report abuse |
  3. Patrick

There are too many illegal immigrants from Mexico to deport them through government agencies. We need to use the military.

May 17, 2010 at 2:23 am | Report abuse |
  4. Custer Had it Coming

Jay, you talk about the rule of law. So if Arizona passes a law making slavery legal, you will support that because it's the law? Mexico had laws too, as did the Eastern tribes, but you invaders disobeyed all of them. Why should people obey unjust laws like slavery? That law in Arizona essentially makes it illegal to be Mexican in Arizona.

May 17, 2010 at 2:23 am | Report abuse |
  5. DB Cooper

Mexicans are not indigenous. They are a cross between indigenous indios & Spaniards who are European. The indios and the conquistadors "interacted" much further south. There have not been many Aztec or Mayan villages found in Oregon or Arizona that I am aware of. I am sure that the Native Americans from whom North America was taken don't much care what part of Europe, Asia, or Africa we came from. We have in any case overstayed our welcome.

May 17, 2010 at 2:23 am | Report abuse |
  6. Custer Had it Coming

Patrick, unless you are Indigenous to this land, YOU ARE THE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT!

May 17, 2010 at 2:24 am | Report abuse |
  7. CARLOS

FOR EVERY BODY THAT TALKS TO BE EXSACT TYPE IF YOU DONT LIVE IT DONT TELL IMMIRANTS THAT WORK TWO SOME 3 JOBS WORK HARD FOR THEYRE MONEY BECAUSE THEY DONT GET BENEFITSSUCH AS WELFARE FOOD STAMPS, OR ANY GOVERMENT FUNDS THEY WORK FOR LESS THAN AN AVERAGE AMERICAN WOULD EARN IF AN AMERICAN EARNS SAY 15 DOLLARS AN HOUR THEY GET 5 DOLLARS AN HOUR SOME LESS THATS WHY THEY WORK 2-3 JOBS YEAH THEY DONT GET TAXES TAKEN AWAY IMAGINE THAT IF THEY DID THEY BE WORKING FOR FREE PLUS AMERICAN WORKERS GET TAXES BACK IMMIGRANTS DONT NOR CAN FILE BECAUSE THEY ARE IMMIGRANTS DONT BE IGNORANT PPL FOR PPL THAT SAY OH MY PARENTS WERE IMMIGRANTS AND WORK HARD ASK THEM HOW HARD IT WAS ILL BET YOU THEY WOULD SAY IT WAS DAMN HARD AND THAT WAS BACK IN THE DAY IMAGINE NOW LOW PAY HIGHER RENT HIGHER EVERYTHING LOOK AT YOU GUYS NOW WITH THE CRISIS DEAL U THINK THATS HARD IMMIGRANTS HAVE IT HARDER ESPECIALLY THEE ONES COMING HERE WITH NOTHING BUT ANCIEST TO MAKE MONEY TO PROVIDE FOR THEIR FAMILIES SOME DONT EAT FOR DAYS THEYRE GETTING SICK AND ON TOP OF THAT THEY DONT HAVE MONEY TO GO TO DOCTORS NOR FOR MEDICATION WE HAVE IT ALL YET WE COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THINGS WE DONT HAVE INSTEAD OF BEING GLAD OF WHAT WE DO HAVE .YES THEE AMERICAN DOES WORK HARD TO BE WHERE HE OR SHE IS AT BUT WHO HELPED YOU THEE GOVERMENT WITH STUDENT LOANS OR GRANT THATS SOMETHING THAT THE GOVERMENT DOESNT DO FOR THEE IMMIGRANT.YOU SAY IF YOU DONT LIKE IT GO BACK TO MEXICO OR WHERE EVER YOU CAME FROM MEXICO THEY DONT LIKE IT NOBODY WOULD WOULD YOU? BUT THEY DO THE JOB BECAUSE IS NECESSARY TO SURVIVE

May 17, 2010 at 2:25 am | Report abuse |
  8. Jay

Here's the facts people. Until we outlaw campaign donations to politicians we will suffer. Monetary donations to politicians is what makes corporations stronger than individuals. Money is stronger than the vote. Corporations want to see cheap labor. Americans don't. When inflation far exceeds wages something is wrong. Why can't anyone answer this question? Why come over here illegally instead of doing it the right way? Laziness? How many people died on Ellis Island waiting to get in legally?

May 17, 2010 at 2:25 am | Report abuse |
  9. Doroteo Arango

I invaded Columbus, New Mexico in 1916, killed 18 Euro-Americans and got chased by 10,000 Euro-American soldiers and I kicked their ass too, who am I?

May 17, 2010 at 2:28 am | Report abuse |
  10. Jay

You are dead probably doroteo. 1916 was a long time ago. Try this one. I took texas california arizona new mexico nevada and colorado from Mexico cuz I'm a hardass. Who am I?

May 17, 2010 at 2:30 am | Report abuse |
  11. lininho

All I hear is the white people saying apply for a visa before you come to work here, well listen if I apply for a visa before come to work here , once I apply I have to wait like 10 to 12 years before I get,by that time I'll be dead because I woudn't have food or a place were to live , so guess what I won't apply for a visa like millions of people doesn't, so the solution is fix the system , wich is not gonna happen so , everything is gonna reamain the saim.

May 17, 2010 at 2:30 am | Report abuse |
  12. CARLOS

JAY YOU DONT KNOW NOTHING IF YOU AND 30 PPL WOULD TO GO AGAINST 10 MEXICANS YOU AND THE REST WILL BE PUT TO REST THE REASON AMERICA WON IS BECAUSE THEY HAD MORE FIRE POWER ITS LIKE AMERICA TAKING A AK47 AGAINST A 9MM AND IF YOUR FEELING HARD GO AND TEST THEE THAT BIG MOUTHS WILL BECOME SILENT

May 17, 2010 at 2:33 am | Report abuse |
  13. Jay

The solution is obey the law or go to jail. I don't know about you but if one option doesn't work for me I try another. If that doesn't work I try another and so on. Where's your spine? quit looking for a handout and earn something

May 17, 2010 at 2:33 am | Report abuse |
  14. Indigenous

Jay, you are the same bunch of cowards that were too scared to fight me the other night. All of you scared of ONE Mexican, lol.

May 17, 2010 at 2:35 am | Report abuse |
  15. Go to Canada

ATTENTION TO ALL ILLEGALS CANADA HAS SAID THEY'D BE GLAD TO HAVE YOU. HEAD ON UP TO CANADA RIGHT NOW!

AND JUST TO WELCOME YOU TO CANADA THEY'LL GIVE YA A HOCKEY SEASON PASS. AND FREE HEALTH CARE FOR EVERYBODY!

May 17, 2010 at 2:36 am | Report abuse |