May 16th, 2010

NORAD: U.S. jets intercept ultralight plane from Mexico

Two F-16 military fighter jets intercepted an ultralight aircraft that flew into Arizona from Mexico on Sunday and tracked it until the ultralight returned to Mexico, the North American Aerospace Defense Command said.

A statement by the NORAD command center in Colorado said the ultralight crossed into U.S. airspace just after 6 a.m. Arizona time (9 a.m. ET).

The F-16s were launched to intercept it, and they shadowed it for 30
minutes before the ultralight returned to Mexico, according to the NORAD
statement. No other details were immediately available.

Post by:
Filed under: Mexico
  1. BlackHawk

Indigenous you're probably illegal so all it takes is a 911 call. Don't you love this country. Even if you don't pay taxes you can use the services.

May 17, 2010 at 2:50 am | Report abuse |
  2. Oreo

Mexicans are racist against blacks. If I remember correctly Mexico's President made a remark about black folks. Now before you say I'm racist I'm half white half black and got a tiny bit of native american in me. But I didn't appreciate the remark that was made.

May 17, 2010 at 2:51 am | Report abuse |
  3. Bill

None of these posts screaming of racial this or immigration that have hit upon the real shame here. A single ultralite, which cannot carry more than a few hundred pounds, including pilot, was shadowed by a pair of f-16s but a countless number of larger, more capable planes manage to cross the boarder packed with drugs and weapons with out similar actions. THAT is what I find to be upsetting. Living in the borderlands, just north of El Paso/Cuidad Juarez, planes land in the open desert all the time, presumably carrying something illegal because they studiously avoid any of the 4 airports in the area. Fix that. Worry about race later.

May 17, 2010 at 2:52 am | Report abuse |
  4. hugh jorgan

Americans are sick & tired of Mexico using the United States as a welfare state for Mexico's failed fiscal policies !!!

May 17, 2010 at 2:52 am | Report abuse |
  5. afghan_mormon

There is a "plethora" of anger in these posts. Everyone needs to go home and watch "The Three Amigos" and take a chill pill.

May 17, 2010 at 2:52 am | Report abuse |
  6. Jay

Natasha I didn't address you. I find it ridiculous to hear americans called lazy when i hafve to work so hard just to pay bills and taxes. You know those taxes that support people who don't work. I know you're trying to sound impartial and i commend you. But keep up with the conversation if you're going to butt in. It's hard enough to keep up with the garbage coming from the mexicans without you're garbage also

May 17, 2010 at 2:53 am | Report abuse |
  7. PANCHO VILLA 2010

ALL I KNOW IS THE MORE MEXICANS YOU SEND BACK...THE LESS FIRE POWER AMERICA WILL HAVE FROM A REAL INVASION FROM CHINA, RUSSIA, IRAQ, THE REST OF THE WORLD! OH YA...YES WHITE PEOPLE YOUR STAY IS LONG OVERDUE. NOW YOU GO BACK TO EUROPE YOU BUNCHA MORMON PILGRIMS!! AND ANOTHER THING.. WATCH OUT FOR THE SPANIARDS ON YOUR WAY OUT.

May 17, 2010 at 2:56 am | Report abuse |
  8. hugh jorgan

Well, Pancho, you've just removed all doubt regarding YOUR stupidity...........

May 17, 2010 at 2:59 am | Report abuse |
  9. Jay

Yes I think you're onto something pancho. From the valleys of home depot and the rows of cotton I sense an uprising of epic proportions. Just one thing....How do you expect to beat an enemy that hears everything you say and sees everything you do? You can't. I can't We are all subjects. I just happen to have a driver's license

May 17, 2010 at 2:59 am | Report abuse |
  10. hugh jorgan

Pancho...........This country doesn't need any more itinerant gardeners, fruit pickers, or other unskilled labor that has no interest in learning English........

May 17, 2010 at 3:02 am | Report abuse |
    • EdSanded

mmmm I think we do... unless all you eat is instantaneous soups...

May 17, 2010 at 3:27 am | Report abuse |
  11. Don

Should've blown it out of the sky.

May 17, 2010 at 3:06 am | Report abuse |
  12. PANCHO VILLA 2010

SO NO MATTER WHAT THE GAVACHO WAS HERE FIRST "YA I JUS WASH UP ON DE BEESH IN COLIFORNIAS BUT THEN INDIANS KILL MEES THEN I DIES FOR 1000 YRS BUT THENS I COME BACK AS PILGRIMS SO HA! MY LANDS NOW

May 17, 2010 at 3:07 am | Report abuse |
  13. PANCHO VILLA 2010

I HAVE DRIVERS LICENSE AND SELECTIVE SERVICES CARD PENDEJO

May 17, 2010 at 3:09 am | Report abuse |
  14. 1oneeyejeff

Is that ultralight aircraft carrying a terrorist and/or drug lord's terror gang for the anti-American terror activity?! Are they planning to sneak into USA and attack against American people in Arizona?! Arrest the pilot before they will find the undetected way to across into USA. Good job for US air force and Border Patrol to catch those unpredictable dangerous people from outlawed and violent corrupted-ridden Mexico!

May 17, 2010 at 3:10 am | Report abuse |
  15. PANCHO VILLA 2010

DAMN RACIST WHITE TEACHERS NEVER GAVE ME A CHANCE TO READ ABOUT MY HISTORY. YOU DAMN PILGRIMS!!

May 17, 2010 at 3:11 am | Report abuse |