May 16th, 2010

NORAD: U.S. jets intercept ultralight plane from Mexico

Two F-16 military fighter jets intercepted an ultralight aircraft that flew into Arizona from Mexico on Sunday and tracked it until the ultralight returned to Mexico, the North American Aerospace Defense Command said.

A statement by the NORAD command center in Colorado said the ultralight crossed into U.S. airspace just after 6 a.m. Arizona time (9 a.m. ET).

The F-16s were launched to intercept it, and they shadowed it for 30
minutes before the ultralight returned to Mexico, according to the NORAD
statement. No other details were immediately available.

Post by:
Filed under: Mexico
  1. Done OneHorse

Guys like Kyl and McCain are proof that immigration was far too lax back in 1492.

May 17, 2010 at 6:30 am | Report abuse |
  2. John Thompson

as stated below, there's a lot of hate here. and I'm one of the ones that hate.

I HATE that many of my tax dollars go to pay for dirtbag illegals that steal our medical help when honest good citizens cant get help
    I HATE that many of my tax dollars go to pay for the police department that has to spent unreasonable amounts of time arresting these dirtbags that can't even follow the law.
    I HATE that many of my tax dollars go to pay for education for illegals that have no right to be there.
    I HATE that many of my tax dollars go to pay for parks and other city/state/federal recreational locations that illegals abuse, mar and wrte graffiti on.
    I HATE that many of my tax dollars go to pay for prisons to keep these worthelss idiots locked up
    I HATE that many of my tax dollars go to pay for jails so they can control the low lifes illegal activities
    I HATE that many of my tax dollars go to pay for funerals for honest, hard working policemen that are killed by piece of trash illegals
    I HATE that many of my tax dollars go to pay for border patrol to keep these low lifes from coming to our country

I do have hate. Hate for those that don't deserve to be here. I hate that our core group of citizens suffer because of the lack of basic human principles can't stay in their own garbage dump and insist on turning our country into the same thing

May 17, 2010 at 6:35 am | Report abuse |
    • Ben

You're message could have been shorter if you used the phrase "I HATE that many of my tax dollars go to pay for: " and you're too short of a top ten list.

May 17, 2010 at 6:55 am | Report abuse |
    • Ben

You're message could have been shorter if you used the phrase "I HATE that many of my tax dollars go to pay for: " and you're two short of a top ten list.

May 17, 2010 at 6:56 am | Report abuse |
    • Brownstain

Man, you hate everything and anything that may help people.
      Do you hate native americans as well? cause they probably could use some of your "hate items" against you.

May 17, 2010 at 7:02 am | Report abuse |
  3. indigenous

liz M:

I find myself pointing confidently at Whites. The Mexican Holocaust of the early 1500-1600's numbered over 25 million. Entire ethnic groups were exterminated not only in Mexico and South America, but also in the current US. Yes, we had war, but our warfare was NEVER about extermination, that concept was brought by Europeans. It's a historical fact that Europeans begin to pay Natives large sums as money to serve as mercenaries against other tribes. Historically, there is absolutely NO EVIDENCE of indigenous people wiping each other out in genocide like Europeans did to our people. Our cause is a just one, we want our voice to be heard. We Are Still Here! My point has been well made, in the process of colonization, the invaders forgot that the Mexicans were and are indigenous. We had not Genocide! Genocide is a European invention.

May 17, 2010 at 6:40 am | Report abuse |
    • DB Cooper

Mexicans are half Spaniard. That makes them half European. They're not indigenous.

May 18, 2010 at 2:24 am | Report abuse |
  4. Puffinmoose

It is what it is....a foreign country invading OUR airspace. It could have been far worse. Seems the "votes" outweigh NATIONAL SECURITY!!!

May 17, 2010 at 6:41 am | Report abuse |
  5. zoro

Don't believe them tonto we must stick together!

May 17, 2010 at 6:49 am | Report abuse |
  6. Joe

If you want to live her file for citizenship. If you want to be lazy and not eduacte yourself enough to pass the tests, they stay in your broken country, don't bring your worst here, we have to many already. Your country is falling apart due to yout residents, why would we want the same thing to happen in the USA? No one says you can not come here and live, I have no problem with that. Just do it right, then there would be no problem would there?

May 17, 2010 at 6:57 am | Report abuse |
  7. indigenous

Joe,

We were already here, Remember the Alamo? You invaded us. I have no problem with white people living on our land, as long as they respect our right to live freely in the land or our indigenous ancestors. Give us some respect, as Indigenous people we have a right based on historical precedence. You like to eat our food but you don't like us being in our own land? Just because you stole it gives you no right to discriminate against the original inhabitants.

May 17, 2010 at 7:01 am | Report abuse |
    • DB Cooper

Los indios are indigenous. Mexicanos are not. I would like to remind you as well that the indios of the Republic of Mexico (Republica Mexicana) suffer discrimination at the hands of the Mexicans (who are half European by the way).

May 18, 2010 at 2:30 am | Report abuse |
  8. indigenous

Somebody doesn't like the cold fact truth, huh moderator?

May 17, 2010 at 7:03 am | Report abuse |
  9. whitest man around

I love burritos

May 17, 2010 at 7:04 am | Report abuse |
  10. indigenous

I hate Cheeseburgers

May 17, 2010 at 7:08 am | Report abuse |
  11. Lady-Di Florida

I find it very interesting that the illegals don't have any problems protesting here. Why don't they protest in their own country you ask? Cause Mexico would throw their butts in jail-as protesting is viewed as disrespect to the government. The illegals are terrified to oppose the Mexican government, but they pour over our borders & protest cause we won't give them all the free stuff or we are disgusted with them sucking up all the resources that should be to help & assist us americans-NOT illegals...

May 17, 2010 at 7:23 am | Report abuse |
  12. al bundy

Peg have you seen my slippers??

May 17, 2010 at 7:24 am | Report abuse |
  13. Juan

Last I heard obama giving israel $205 million. Get outa here stupid tax payers. We don't pay for other countrys to blow up other countrys!!

May 17, 2010 at 7:32 am | Report abuse |
  14. Juan

Tax payers are retarded. All your money is going to other countrys pendejo!!

May 17, 2010 at 7:34 am | Report abuse |
    • DB Cooper

That would be countries, Juan, not countrys.

May 18, 2010 at 2:32 am | Report abuse |
  15. Juan

This is the truth. All tax money is going to iraq, haiti, africa, china ,israel mexico.we are talking millions to each country. Whatever is left over from ripping off wetbacks goes to the us citizen and its not very much as you can see

May 17, 2010 at 7:40 am | Report abuse |